Park policeman indicted in shooting d...

Park policeman indicted in shooting death

There are 30 comments on the Asbury Park Press Online story from Mar 30, 2007, titled Park policeman indicted in shooting death. In it, Asbury Park Press Online reports that:

A state park police officer was indicted Tuesday on reckless manslaughter charges in the fatal shooting of a member of the Ramapough Lenape Indian Nation last April on a mountain near the New York border. via Asbury Park Press Online

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asbury Park Press Online.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
CONNIE AND JOHN TANNER

Wurtsboro, NY

#1 Apr 3, 2007
(((((EMIL MANN AND FAMILY))))),WILL FINALLY SEE JUSTICE SERVED,IT HAS BEEN A VERY LONG HARD TIME FOR THEM ALL,NOW THEY SEE THE (RESPECT,AS WELL AS LOVE ALSO ,THEY SO MUCH DESERVE) MAY GOD BLESS THEM ALL AND MAY (EMIL AND FAMILY)KNOW SOME KIND OF PEACE AT LAST,AND MAY JUSTICE PREVAIL,AS WELL IT SHOULD.THANK YOU TO EVERYONE,WITH LOVE,FRIENDS,CONNIE AND JOHN (MAY GOD BLESS THEM ALL)
a local

New York, NY

#2 Apr 3, 2007
Do you even know what you're talking about?
CONNIE AND JOHN TANNER

Wurtsboro, NY

#3 Apr 3, 2007
a local wrote:
Do you even know what you're talking about?

IT IS IN THIS NEWSPAPEER!!!!!!!!!!
IT MUST BE TRUE,WHY DON'T YOU READ IT?
a local

New York, NY

#4 Apr 4, 2007
Oh yea, if it's in the paper it HAS to be true!

I lived in this area my whole life. I've dealt with Jackson Whites before. These people are armed to the teeth and will shoot first and ask questions later. This isn;t the first time they've had scuffles with the law. The Park Ranger was doing what he was supposed to do, The Mann's aren't supposed to be on park property with their ATVs. When Emil saw someone with a badge telling him what to do, he did what all Jackson White's do, Started fighting with the officer. Emil went for the gun, the ranger just got to it fist.

The ranger was only defending himself.
Corey Milligan

Salt Lake City, UT

#5 Apr 28, 2007
a local wrote:
Oh yea, if it's in the paper it HAS to be true!
I lived in this area my whole life. I've dealt with Jackson Whites before. These people are armed to the teeth and will shoot first and ask questions later. This isn;t the first time they've had scuffles with the law. The Park Ranger was doing what he was supposed to do, The Mann's aren't supposed to be on park property with their ATVs. When Emil saw someone with a badge telling him what to do, he did what all Jackson White's do, Started fighting with the officer. Emil went for the gun, the ranger just got to it fist.
The ranger was only defending himself.
Were you there ? Did YOU see a gun in Mr. Mann's hands ? Did you see the line delineating park and private proporty ? Did you know that the local P.D. was NEVER informed of the Park Ranger's "plan" to crack down on atv riders ?

You say you have dealt with "Jackson Whites" all your life ...hmm what other groups of people that you deal with would you like to slur ?

I suppose it is pointless to try and talk sense to someone like you who has clearly made up his closed little mind.

Myself, I am all too aware of the likelihood of a police officer shooting a person unnecessarily. It certainly wouldn't be the first time.

Finally, I know this group of people. They are not armed to the teeth, as you allege. Your narrowmindedness belies your ignorance.
a local

New York, NY

#6 Apr 30, 2007
As matter of fact, yes I did have a gun pointed to my head.
Did you also know the Harold Dennison was charged with having a gun with hollow point bullets during the same incident. And it was Harold waving that gun around that started this whole thing?
CONNIE AND JOHN TANNER

Kingston, NY

#7 May 11, 2007
MY DEAR MR MILLIGAN, I HAVE NOTICED YOU AND I HAVE SIGNED OUR NAMES,DOES THAT NOT COUNT FOR SOMETHING.THIS SO CALLED(((((LOCAL)))))DID NOT!!!!!!!!!!WHY IS HE HIDING HIS IDENTITY,HMMMMMM,THIS SOUND'S LIKE A MEMBER OF A VERY IGNORANT,TO SAY THE LEAST, I MIGHT ADD,(((((CLAN))))),WHO HIDE BEHIND WHITE ROBES AND WEAR MASKS,SEEM'S AS IF HE MIGHT BE THE SAME KIND OF COWARD!!!!!!!SOME THAT THINK THEY ARE BETTER THAN OTHERS.I GUESS HE MUST BE EMBARASSED TO SAY WHO HE IS IN PUBLIC, AND HAS NOT DONE HIS HISTORY HOMEWORK EITHER, OR HE WOULD KNOW THE QUOTE FROM ((ABRAHAM LINCOLN,WHO SAID,SOMETIMES BETTER TO REMAIN SILENT AND THOUGHT A FOOL,THAN TO SPEAK UP AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT)TO THE ((((((LOCAL)))))BY THE WAY, HE WAS A PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES BUT YOU PROBABLY WOULDN'T KNOW THAT EITHER, GEE!!!!!!!!!! I WONDER WHY THOSE WHO HAVE SUCH SMALL MIND'S,HAVE SUCH LARGE MOUTHS.BE HAPPY IN YOUR'E LITTLE WORLD (LOCAL)THEY SAY IGNORANCE IS BLISS,
SIGNED !!!!!!!!!! CONNIE TANNER P.S. NEED I SAY MORE,!!!!!!!!!
a local

New York, NY

#8 May 14, 2007
Nice try, I use the term "local" to let people reading this know that I live in the area, right at the bottom of Stag Hill to be exact. You know where that it don't you? And the comments that are being posted aren't from someone from Cairo, Nebraska or Denver Colorado. Being that I live with these people, I have might some insight that you might not have.

Why is it that whenever a law officer fires his weapon, everyone in the world stand up to say that he/she was wrong. Do you know that it's the police that stand between you and me and the people that intend to do us harm?

Yes the park police shat Emil. And that office shot because Emil was fighting with the officer trying to get his gun. The officer feared for his life and defended himself. Racist? No, I just respect the people who look out for my safety.

BTW, using all caps in net etiquette is equitant to SCREAMING. I didn’t scream at you, please don’t scream at me. It’s just not polite.
publius van dunken

Berkeley, CA

#9 Jul 8, 2007
Hi,
Just to gove some context.

I think what is not understood here is the context. If this encounter had been between other people it would have never become the evil thing that it did.
We have remained who we are for hundreds of years. We welcomed the escaped and freed slaves, the outcastes and the unwanted. That was our way and it is still our way.
We did not come to america, america came to us. This land, and the land beween the ramapos and the ocean was the land where we lived but we welcomed you to it, and we welcome you to it agian. All we ask is that we can live too. Our way of life may not be the same as yours. But it is our people who have lost so much and others who have gained.
But the killing of a man, in this case, and in this context was not justified. You can analyse who did what and come to a conclusion about police conduct rules, but that ignores the context in which this took place. We have always wanted just one thing; to be left alone. Just leave us alone. We dont need your definitions, we dont need your laws, we dont need your parks and police, we know how to live; we've been doing it for thousands of years. You dont understand, and cant understand, how different this seems from our perspective. Im sorry if having "lived amongst us" is troubling to you, perhaps you would feel more comfortable in holland or england? Its time to wake up and realize something: In terms of the history, the context and the realities of this situation; we are about the easiest people on earth to get along with.
THIS IS TO BROOKLYN

Brooklyn, NY

#10 Jul 20, 2007
I LIVE IN YR NEIGHBORHOOD ALSO BROOKLYN U CALL YOURSELF. FIRST OF ALL YOU CANT EVEN SPELL RIGHT. AND IF YOU DONT LIKE IT THERE WHY HAVENT YOU MOVED. BECAUSE YOU CANT .SOMEONES LIFE WAS TAKEN,AND ALL YOU WANT TO DO IS COMPLAIN ABOUT EVERYONE. I BET YOUR ONE OF US. SCARED COME ON OUT TELL WHO YOU ARE.DONT BE AFARID.JUST SCARED THATS ALL YOU ARE.WELL IAM GONNA FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE.
John

Peru, IN

#11 Jul 29, 2007
One thing everyone has to remember is that the State Park Police officer has enforcement powers statewide and does not have to notify the local police in that jurisdiction. Also, anyone can be indicted for just about anything so the indictment will allow for a trial then wait and see what happens before casting any judgement.
a local

New York, NY

#12 Jul 30, 2007
WELL IAM GONNA FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE.
-Challenge accepted, give it your best shot.
John Signore

Brentwood, NY

#13 Jul 30, 2007
I drove down Stag Hill Road tonight and it was pretty sick. Saw some creepy guy walking dead center of the road. Almost slammed into a fire house and drove down into a ditch. Other than that Stag Hill is useless. So who cares.
The Muffin Man

Millbrook, NY

#14 Jul 30, 2007
You Jackson Whites are regular people and deserve a chance to just live your life. People who go up there just get so worked up because of all the rumors they hear.

But I have an honest question that I mean no disrespect by...If you see an unfamiliar car go up there do you do harm to it?

Publius van Dunken you seem like a good family oriented man and i'm sorry about all the people who invade your privacy.
John Ambrose

Brentwood, NY

#15 Jul 30, 2007
Yo brutha do dey for reals keel peeps up dare? I hurd dat mad joints get romped swangin in dem spots? Fo reals?
Dave Empel

Brentwood, NY

#16 Jul 30, 2007
Yo im drunk
Drew Gibbs

Brentwood, NY

#17 Jul 30, 2007
Ohhh spike... Do me hard.
dilly slinger

Brentwood, NY

#18 Jul 30, 2007
dill my butthole
Jin Woo

Brentwood, NY

#19 Jul 30, 2007
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO i think i know youuuu
Beet

Brentwood, NY

#20 Jul 30, 2007
Doooooooood. You gotta put braces on em brotha. It keeps em up! And plus i weigh like 480

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mahwah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Train (Feb '06) Dec 4 Jamie Ryan 16
News Healing Hands for Healing Victims of Domestic V... Nov 11 Barb Petrea 1
Review: A Macchione Brothers Inc (Aug '08) Sep '16 bob burdette 13
News Montvale woman, 60, arrested on drug, distribut... Aug '16 Ben 2
News Cops say teen had sex with young cousin (Feb '09) Aug '16 Jersey Girl 2
Allendale Police Officer having an affair Aug '16 Jersey Girl 1
Home with tons of Christmas Lights? (Dec '06) Jun '16 Gregory 74

Mahwah Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance