Libraries put the word out to kids: B...

Libraries put the word out to kids: Behave

There are 1 comment on the Philly.com story from Apr 7, 2010, titled Libraries put the word out to kids: Behave. In it, Philly.com reports that:

At some libraries today, those polite "Silence, Please" requests now come with the added warning "or else you're out of here." They are cracking down on what library directors say happens everywhere now and then: bad behavior by bored children waiting after school to be picked up by parents.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Philly.com.

S Western

Mountain Lakes, NJ

#1 Apr 8, 2010
A public library is just that public.... as a patron and a taxpayer I don't think the town nor the library have any right to try and close the libary for after school hours. If children are disruptive and disrespectful, they should be removed from the facility, if they are vandalizing the bathroom, put a security camera in, cameras should be in there anyway in this day and age. If they are a problem for the other patrons in the library than the staff has to control the environment as a cost of doing business. If kids are outside (again a security camera) and being disprespectful the parents have to control their childs public behavior or they pay the cost of raising a public menace.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mahwah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Controversial New Jersey Eruv Vandalized - Poli... Jul 30 Bobby 1
Yankee Manager Ralph Houk' old address Jul '17 rocketrod23 1
News Bergen County Executive Tedesco Announces Parks... (Jan '17) Feb '17 matt 4
Review: Lindvale Gardens (Jul '09) Jan '17 Erik 16
Oakland's "Krauzers" convenience store (Jan '17) Jan '17 wildwick 1
News Montvale woman, 60, arrested on drug, distribut... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Ben 2
News Mahwah man charged with possessing, distributin... (Dec '11) Apr '16 Anthony Scarpuzzi 4

Mahwah Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mahwah Mortgages