Nice but should be better

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2009

I've been living here for over 5 years. Management gives you the sense all they care about is money. They constantly raise your rent every year without providing the proper repairs even when you complain repeatedly. It takes a while to get any action out of these people. Nice community but could and should be better. They should value their good tenants!
The Truth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2010

Save your money! Renting here is not a good idea. Rent is at the top end of the market but management doesn't upkeep the complex properly. They only seem to care about collecting rent and don't care to make living there enjoyable. They let anyone rent and even allow illegal occupancy. Rent elsewhere and you will be better off!
Other renter is right, they do not value their good tenants. A shame!
Abdullah the Butcher

Wayne, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2010

And I might add, the place is infested with cockroaches! I lived there for several years. The best thing I ever did was get the hell out of there!
The Truth

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2010

And now they have bed bugs for the tenants to enjoy!
What a headache

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2010

The only reason to move here is if you can not find a pet friendly rental. Jerry (the super) is prompt and does what he can to maintain the complex. He has always been willing to help out when it's within his means. If you have issues that need to go through the property manager. Good luck. She returns phone calls and e-mails as she see fit.She's very unprofessional and rude. Once you get past the phone calls, actually getting the work done is another HUGE headache. Half of the apartments are unoccupied, and or good reason. Too bad, because it's a great area. Close to everything, and located in a nice neighborhood. We also heard from other tenants about the bed bug issue. Thankfully we did not experience that!
BED BUG CITY

East Northport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2011

I moved here recently. On the second night i received an anonymous letter warning me that the apartment was infested with bed bugs. I brought this to the supers attention and he said that the apartment was sprayed. Few nights later i was getting bitten by something....then found live bed bugs crawling on the walls clothing and under the bed. I collected some as evidence and showed to super next morning. Also Apartment was filthy and took us a week to clean everything. The super was great but is in over his head. Management (ROZ) was very rude and only cares about money. She sent an exterminator and told them to only spray our apartment even though the others were also infected.Management new of the problem before we moved in. They are responsible for renting a clean and safe apartment. These apartments should be inspected before renting to new tenants.
They moved us to another apartment but refuse to pay for our dry cleaning and accommodate us for our inconvenience. This is unacceptable. We have moved all of our belongings and furniture twice in a week. DO NOT MOVE HERE....BED BUGS AND BAD MANAGEMENT (ROZ) WILL BITE YOU.
If you live there, call your local health department and complain....
Lindvale Gardens L L C

Wayne, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2011

BED BUG CITY wrote:
I moved here recently. On the second night i received an anonymous letter warning me that the apartment was infested with bed bugs. I brought this to the supers attention and he said that the apartment was sprayed. Few nights later i was getting bitten by something....then found live bed bugs crawling on the walls clothing and under the bed. I collected some as evidence and showed to super next morning. Also Apartment was filthy and took us a week to clean everything. The super was great but is in over his head. Management (ROZ) was very rude and only cares about money. She sent an exterminator and told them to only spray our apartment even though the others were also infected.Management new of the problem before we moved in. They are responsible for renting a clean and safe apartment. These apartments should be inspected before renting to new tenants.
They moved us to another apartment but refuse to pay for our dry cleaning and accommodate us for our inconvenience. This is unacceptable. We have moved all of our belongings and furniture twice in a week. DO NOT MOVE HERE....BED BUGS AND BAD MANAGEMENT (ROZ) WILL BITE YOU.
If you live there, call your local health department and complain....
Stop your incessant whining. We never should have rented to you because youíre nothing but a cheap bastard, looking for everything for free. We will give you back your security and ask you to move - NOW! Donít let the door hit you where the good lord split you!
sara

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2011

I need advice, I'm suppose to rent a 2 bedroom in July, please someone email me right away @ dolphin70@optonline.net, if this is true about the bedbugs iSsue please tell me right away , I have children
No Thanks

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Lindvale Gardens L L C wrote:
<quoted text>Stop your incessant whining. We never should have rented to you because youíre nothing but a cheap bastard, looking for everything for free. We will give you back your security and ask you to move - NOW! Donít let the door hit you where the good lord split you!
Well I was going to give you guys a try regardless of the bad reviews... but after seeing this I'll pass. No thanks...
Do not rent here

Mahwah, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

I live at lindvale gardens as we speak and honest truth is soon as I save up to move - I'm outta here !!!! Number one the building are falling apart , the apartments are old and dirty , there's no assigned parking spot so good luck parking you car . If you get thought managment office don't count on anything to be done anyway ! Winter - nobody shoveled the sidewalks or parking lot for weeks !!! Laundry room filthy !! The so called super is one rude , lazy guy ! What are they doing paying him for ? Don't bother renting here ! You are better going somewhere different . Oh yea that's why half of the complex is not rented ! Ha ! Keep up the good job lindvale garden !
Divya

Montvale, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2013

Lindvale Gardens L L C wrote:
<quoted text>Stop your incessant whining. We never should have rented to you because youíre nothing but a cheap bastard, looking for everything for free. We will give you back your security and ask you to move - NOW! Donít let the door hit you where the good lord split you!
This reply from the management proves and confirms all reviews here are Correct. I was supposed to rent a 2BHK in May.
Thanks for the reviews.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mahwah Discussions

Search the Mahwah Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Body pulled from Hudson River identified as Mah... 18 hr everybody 1
Southwest won't expand fleet through 2015 to re... Thu Prost 2
ron gramsch Mar 24 WONDERING 1
Allendale Dentist Mar 23 Michelle 1
Review: Xogistix Corp (Dec '12) Mar 21 Michele Tulp 3
Ridge Gardens in Mahwah, NJ (Oct '12) Mar 19 Boots 58
Charges upgraded in fatal heroin overdose case Mar '14 dash 13
•••
•••