Man falls through ice in retention po...

Man falls through ice in retention pond while running from police

There are 2 comments on the The News-Gazette story from Jan 1, 2013, titled Man falls through ice in retention pond while running from police. In it, The News-Gazette reports that:

A man fleeing Champaign police Tuesday afternoon ran onto the thin ice of a retention pond and fell into the frigid water.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The News-Gazette.

Bloomington, IL

#1 Jan 1, 2013
Many times in life it's easy to set and judge. I was there today and did see what happened. The officers were doing their jobs and I personally didn't go running out on to the pond either. The young man made a bad choice and didn't listen to any of the three officers that was chasing him. I'm not trying to be cold but that is the facts of this situation. I hope the young man makes it and gets the help he needs.
Chris M Gaines

United States

#2 Jan 9, 2013
Obvious negligence on the part of all those involved from the police to the fire dept not knowing HOW to do this type of SIMPLE RESCUE with a rope QUICKLY and effectivley in a timely the city code enforcement not having sense enough to require a fence around these retention ponds like as in many other communities. Its a disgrace to this community that this man died and lawsuits should be pursued in this case. Those involved should be held responsible. No excuse is acceptable. None!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mahomet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Unethical Scumbag George Gollin Fined $5000 for... Sep 29 Monica Buttix 1
News House candidate has convictions for DUI, disord... Sep 17 Nosey 2
News 'How do you overcome hatred?' Sep '15 Zombie Corpse Rental 2
Looking for an old acquaintance Aug '15 rod1148 1
Illegal Sale of Children Body Parts Aug '15 Karen 1
News Sexual abuse trial underway in Piatt County Jul '15 John 2
Volunteers take up arms to guard recruiting cen... Jul '15 Rick Matheson 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mahomet Mortgages