Officer accused of sex crime

Feb 20, 2013 Full story: IllinoisHomepage.net 51

A police officer faces charges of criminal sexual assault. Authorities say 33-year old David Iwaniw assaulted a 17-year old girl.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
No name

Mattoon, IL

#1 Feb 21, 2013
It's about time something is done about this.... I personally know of another officer that has done this, but now works in Arcola.... These are the people we choose to serve and protect?

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#3 Feb 22, 2013
Cha our world is getting worst and worst than ever because everyone believe that the cops will protect us but if the cop itself does these kind of activities then we can lose all our hope. Cops should be the protector of us and not the destroyer. I really feel ashamed of the cop department.
Iceberg

Chicago, IL

#4 Feb 22, 2013
Please don't lump all law enforcement officers into this category. No person should ever think of committing such haneous crimes including police officers. But not all police officers are bad. Most are very trustworthy and hard working individuals who sacrifice their love to protect and serve. However they are human and humans are imperfect. Justice will be served in this case and any office of the law who breaks law will pay.
Chris M Gaines

Springfield, MO

#5 Mar 1, 2013
There is no excuse this is allowed to happen..by CPD. Its a "code of silence" that protects these rouge officers involved in serious crimes in our community. Why is this problem in CPD getting worse, not better? Should Cheif Baker resign? Or be replaced? Or a complete change in the command staff? Who will take responsibility for this corrupt climate currently in the CPD? Should more police officers be exposed for crimes? How many more are they?

“Common sense isn't common”

Since: Dec 12

Sesser IL

#8 Mar 1, 2013
the fact king wrote:
<quoted text>finally sold enough cans to get your internet turned back on???? Oh well glad you are back it's boring with out ya......
Why should the chief resign for something an OFF-DUTY patrol officer allegedly did?
Chris M Gaines

United States

#11 Mar 1, 2013
TRFisk wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should the chief resign for something an OFF-DUTY patrol officer allegedly did?
Because this is a ongoing problem with not just Officer Iwaniw. But the Admin...Last year started with Heise having sex with a CHS student. He resigns. No charges. No investigation. No media coverage. Why?....Heise, Blevins...now this. Cheif Baker should be replaced or resign. Obviously its his performance record that truly matters. And the cost to the tax payers...for the cost of these cases...and future cases. The "code of silence" allowed this police and judicial corruption of the system and offical misconduct..by many involved in it. Why no charges on others involved in more serious crimes within the CPD? Who is next? What's really going on amongst our public servants? Who serves who? Who's best interest is being protected and served in our community? Yours or theirs? You decide. Power to the people. We the people. All the people. Justice for all.
lala

Belleville, IL

#12 Mar 1, 2013
I'm so confused... Dave was our friend although we moved from town... what happened?! I can't imagine this... although, the only reason I would doubt would be because of detail I guess :( this breaks my heart, but I can't find any more info to help confirm this in my brain...can somebody please inform me of what is going on? We were friends with him and his beautiful girlfriend.. we are in shock
Hahaha

Charleston, IL

#13 Mar 2, 2013
Krissy Chris Gaines why was I not investigated when u rape Laura and ur kid ?????????? And that girl named ashely
Duct Man

Terre Haute, IN

#14 Mar 3, 2013
hear the fact king rapes little boys so whats up with that
the fact king

Terre Haute, IN

#16 Mar 8, 2013
I want want to say is I want the officer to put the cuffs on me and have his way with me
the fact king

Terre Haute, IN

#18 Mar 8, 2013
Yes I always talk about Terry because I want him so bad I can taste his balls in my mouth so I wonder if taste just like Duame did
Samantha

Catlin, IL

#19 Mar 10, 2013
I'd let one of those rock hard officers search me! They could use two, three, four, or even five fingers to make sure the public is safe. If I swallowed all the evidence, how would anyone know?
Chris M Gaines

Charleston, IL

#22 Mar 12, 2013
Chris Gaines wrote:
Yep no body really knows what happend maybe she lid him on and when he was trying to but a stop to it that why she did what she did because she dirent want him to break everthing they had that's why she said what she said but she know he dirent Rape her some time is man have slots of fult but te woman has more shee should come out and say what really happen and sto making things up that's why a couple of her friends don't talk to her because they know he dirent rape her right baker
This is NOT me. I have made my position VERY clear on this criminal case. Those who use my name...do it because they dont have the courage or protection i do...to post under their real name.
Baseball

Eagle Pass, TX

#24 Mar 15, 2013
Send him to jail
the fact king

Terre Haute, IN

#25 Mar 16, 2013
I stuck my pecker in Krissy's butt
Linx

Mattoon, IL

#28 Mar 20, 2013
Chris M Gaines

Charleston, IL

#29 Mar 27, 2013
Why did the State not charge Former CPD Officer Iwaniw with the child pornography class 1 felony at the same time he was charged with the other two class 1 felonies? From what i have discovered all this same information was available at the same time.I assume the video recorded evidence,with audio, was in the possesion of the state at the time the charges against him were considered..or from my experience with LEO's,no charges would of been filed on a LEO unless there is VIDEO RECORDED EVIDENCE,WITH AUDIO that cant be denied by the those responsible for protecting us citizens from these crimes and corruption within CPD or CCSD or ECITF or ISP or from the Illinois politicians. Simple verbal tesitimony from the complaining witness,unless your connected to the GOB network..i seriously dought would of been enough to bring charges against a LEO(law enforcement officer). Am i wrong? Or is the "code of silence" wrong within LEO unoffical training procedures? This code of silence exsist within all forms of the justice system. FACT.Can we stop it?
Chris M Gaines

Charleston, IL

#30 Mar 27, 2013
Hey watch the cops wrote:
What I think about this case I think this girlis fake I think she is making all this up because David wanted to stop the relationship that's why she told and accused him of that the police should go and investigate her friends.
I DISAGREE. I think he thought he might get caught. Otherwise it would still be continuing to this day and he would still be a corrupt LEO.She or someone got ahold of the video recorded audio evidence..or made their own. Then filed a complaint.

Who are her friends? Got names? Share them here. What are they doing thats illegal or wrong in your opinion? Do you have evidence of it to support your claim?...video recorded evidence with audio?
Chris M Gaines

Charleston, IL

#32 Mar 28, 2013
Lol wrote:
No stupied that charge was after u don't is that she is just trying to get back at him go to face book and see her status she is making all this up
If she was making this up...no charges would of been filed agaist former CPD Officer David Iwaniw. She had to have STRONG evidence of a crime..like a video recording or audio recording,or both. Trust me,the state dose NOT bring charges against LEO's unless they have to,they protect them. This is a clear case of VIDEO RECORDED(with audio)EVIDENCE. Her verbal complaint or others would of gone nowhere(unless GOB connected). The States Atty. would have never heard or seen this case unless thats true. The ISP would not of done an investigation. They protect their own brothers in crime. The CODE OF SILENCE is a powerful thing designed to protect them,not you the citizen. This needs to end! How? It prevents the good cops from telling on the bad cops. It erodes the public trust in LEO's(law enforcement officers). They need that public trust to be able to do their job effectively. Whithout that, the whole justice system breaks down as we all have seen in Coles County. Its a discrace. Just read the newspaper lately. This community is filled with crime. WHY?
John Doe

United States

#33 May 29, 2013
Why?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mahomet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Buttnakedunderware 49,809
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Common Sense 4,026
IL Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in I... (Oct '10) 14 hr Weneedchange 150
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 16 hr Blwlgo 1,923
Best Machine Shop in Champaign for Engine Work. Sep 12 Pallas Cat 1
'Civility' a divisive issue in U. of I. faculty... Sep 10 operation northwoods 2
Quarry plans, info uncertain for Robbins residents Aug 27 sgrobbins 1
•••
•••
•••

Mahomet Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Mahomet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Mahomet News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Mahomet
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••