Mitchell Girls Abused by Zilker Family in Mahanoy City

Posted in the Mahanoy City Forum

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Apr 9, 2010
Gail

Council Bluffs, IA

#1 Apr 9, 2010
Hi my name is Gail. I have always wanted to tell I and my sisters story. But before I start let me warn you. The Zilker family especially the old man does not admit any fault. He hides behind his shame and denies he did anything wrong to us. But deep down he knows what he and his mother did. To two innocent children that did not ask to be living with there grandmother. I speak for myself when I say they took alot away from me and my sister. You would think after forty-four years I would be over this. But today if think about it, I cry! Before I start I would like to say I love my uncle Ralph he never layed one hand on me. He tried to spend time with me when he was home from the military. He would take me fishing at the grove and did care. I had alot of fun being with him. I wish you the best of luck Uncle Ralph in any of your ventures. My Aunt Audrey was a good soul to. When she came in from Delaware she would bring us pepsi and take us to the tasty freeze. My Uncle Leon was okay only that he liked to pull your ears when you were naughty. I always felt I was going to have ears like Dumbo the Elephant, so ya know i got mine pulled enough. My Uncle Leon lived next to his mother and knew somewhat what his mother and brother was doing to us. But he was scared of her and his brother. Living on 208 East South Street in Mahanoy City, PA. We(me &my sis) say was the house of misery. When we lived there, we did not have our own room. We were told we were left on a tree stump like dogs. My cousins were told they did not have to acknowledge us. We were just our grandmothers slaves. She had one favorite son Paul. That had five children, she would give our money and foodstamps so his kids would eat but we would not have any food. Our refrigeraqtor was empty and if there was anything in it and you ate some. You were beat, so me and my sister would not admit to it. Then we would be kept up all night and I would always blame my sister cause I did not want the beating. Sorry Dale, I know you ate stuff to but you never blamed it on me.She would pay for Paul's garage, he was supposably a mechanic, RIGHT. He just stayed up at his garage so he did not have to go home to his wife. He worked at the steel mill in Reading PA. I need to stop right now and take a break. I have alot to tell you so keep checking this thread and if you want to make comments as I go along, thats fine. I debated for an hour to post this thread. He still scares me.
Anonymous

Fair Grove, MO

#2 Apr 9, 2010
I read your story and I think it is a shame that your own family members treated you like this. That is DEFINITELY CHILD ABUSE. What were they thinking? I can't believe someone didn't report them to Children Services. You should write a book. You would make money off of it. That was like 13 years of ABUSE from what I gathered. SHAME on your family for treating you like SLAVES! GOD BLESS YOU and THANK GOD you got away from them!!! They must have been NUTS!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mahanoy City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 1 hr Mitt Robme 51,317
PA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10) 3 hr Tom Wolfe 163
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 3 hr Pa Voter 3,939
Man testifies about fatal fight (Jun '07) Aug 10 Ashley 6
A Dozen People Out of Their Homes Due to Buildi... Aug 10 Robert Clark 1
Police Chief Video Sparks Controversy (Jul '13) Jul '14 Thomas Flannery 3
druggie Jul '14 dude 1
•••
•••
•••

Mahanoy City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••