Tamaqua officials, PPL at odds over s...

Tamaqua officials, PPL at odds over streetlights

There are 2 comments on the Standard Speaker story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Tamaqua officials, PPL at odds over streetlights. In it, Standard Speaker reports that:

The Public Utility Commission may help decide whether the Borough of Tamaqua can take ownership of its streetlights.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Standard Speaker.

Since: Aug 09

Tamaqua, PA

#1 Aug 5, 2010
I believe there is a lot we are not being told. They claim it's to "save money". Oh really? Okay..write it all down and make sure the end result is:

1) a tax rebate
2) a shrinking of the borough headcount/bureaucracy

"Savings" without the above is just more money that gets redirected to the wrong pockets and into meaningless endeavors that keep local government large and growing.

Savings = Rebate/Downsizing

Always!
south ward

Scranton, PA

#2 Aug 5, 2010
I remember being at the council meeting when this endeavor was first proposed. I have to agree with you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mahanoy City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Whew! Despite Jewish-sounding name, Penn State ... (Nov '11) 1 hr Youknow 5
Mahanoy state prison (Mar '10) Jun 5 Mad dog 25
News Coaldale businessman jailed for... Apr '16 Super Sperm 2
News Why Queen Cleopatra was definitely not Black (Dec '05) Mar '16 Anti apollyon 9,970
bruce forker murdered? (Mar '10) Feb '16 Riley 24
News Man stabs sister after quarrel (Feb '14) Feb '16 Steve Jobs 19
Gina Jan '16 Ironworker 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mahanoy City Mortgages