Cob

Rockville, MD

#1 Jun 26, 2008
I am a homeowner in Runnemede, and I have to say the majority of the kids around here are awful people. Every day I come home from work I have to clean up the ridiculous amounts of candy wrappers and trash that they throw all over my lawn and the street. Not to mention, when they walk past my house, I can hear their loud, ignorant conversations, that are usually riddled with F-Bombs. The vandalism around here is getting pretty crazy too. There must be alot of crappy parents in this town.
All over the place

Narberth, PA

#2 Jul 29, 2008
I empathize and sypathize with you. Unfortunately this behavior is ALL OVER the place. Parents today think that kids raise themselves. Sit them in front of the TV or video game and that is the parent today - the TV. Sad. Today, there is no love and compasion regarding raising children, especially early teens and teens. Kids are wild, disrespectful and desensitized. The liberal media and liberal movies are not helping. Kids see disrespect, nudity, violence and homosexual behavior VERY early in life. Not only that, they hear it too. Some of these lyrics today are just horrible. Nine year olds are setting kittens on fire!!!!!!!!! SAD. What is wrong with the parents? Spare the rod, spoil the child. Kids need structure, discipline, routine and chores/responsibilities otherwise they will be USELESS adults and not positive contributions to society. Parents, your kids are a reflection of you. Love them, guide them, teach them well, and it would not hurt to bring spirituality into their lives.
melissa

Bristol, PA

#3 Jul 31, 2008
I empathize also. I have a neighbor who fancies himself a "hip" parent. He lets his teenage kids do anything they want. They have loud parties..drinking (he is out there with them sometimes)f-bombs.. trash, cigarette butts on the street and in my yard, and practically getting in on right in front of the whole neighborhood. This happens on a weekly basis. When I nicely approached him, he got mad at me. He said kids will be kids..well adults need to be adults. After about a year I had had enough. I started calling the cops..coincidentally my car was vandalized, my house was vandalized (I could not prove they did it) and he made comments to me for a few weeks until my husband went out and threatened to pound him into the ground. He denied doing this to my husband, and told the other neighbors (who don't like him either) that I was crazy. He stopped making the comments, but the parties and other behavior go on. I gave up, as I spoke to the police several times and nothing really gets accomplished accept me getting harrassed. My house is now up for sale..
I pray the market rebounds soon.
Runnemede mom

Philadelphia, PA

#4 Sep 30, 2008
Cob wrote:
I am a homeowner in Runnemede, and I have to say the majority of the kids around here are awful people. Every day I come home from work I have to clean up the ridiculous amounts of candy wrappers and trash that they throw all over my lawn and the street. Not to mention, when they walk past my house, I can hear their loud, ignorant conversations, that are usually riddled with F-Bombs. The vandalism around here is getting pretty crazy too. There must be alot of crappy parents in this town.
I am really sorry you feet this way. I am a homeowner and proud parent of a Runnemede child. I think that is really ignorant for you to generalize on all the youth in town because many of us parents work hard at making our children respectful. Are you a parent yourself? I quess you have a masters degree in parenting so that gives you the right to judge others.
Tai Mai Shu

Woodbury, NJ

#5 Oct 5, 2008
Cob wrote:
NEWS FLASH: It's not just in Runnenmede. This is going on all over the place. A lot of kids today are very disrespectful, destructive and flat out rude. I have to deal with it everyday too. And for those of you who want to say, "Oh no, not my kid...please take notice that I said "a lot of kids" , not "all kids". If your child is not like this...Kudos to you! You've done your job!
I totally agree

Narberth, PA

#6 Oct 8, 2008
Tai Mai Shu, you are absolutely correct. No one is pin-pointing "Runnemeade" - just the generalization that kids all over tend to be rude, disrespectful, and ignorant in public, inclusive of being overly loud, crude, and just plain disrespectful. DEFINATELY not the way it was 20 years ago. Social Services and DYFS are the cause of this, giving the child more rights then the parent. Granted, some cases warrent social services but seriously, kids have way too many rights today. Spare the rod, spoil the child. Discipline, religion and respect for others, this is what needs to come back home to the family.
Cob

Rockville, MD

#7 Feb 4, 2009
Wow "Runnemede Mom". You really put me in my place. I didn't say all Runnemede kids were like this, I've just noticed that I seem to live near alot of these cretins. And "All over the place" you are a psycho if you think the "liberal media" is making kids act crappy. Also, I'm pretty sure telling kids that a make believe deity up in the sky is watching over them isn't gonna fix it either. Religion does not fix anything, it breeds ignorance.
Kabluey

Cherry Hill, NJ

#8 Feb 27, 2013
Runnemede mom wrote:
<quoted text> I am really sorry you feet this way. I am a homeowner and proud parent of a Runnemede child. I think that is really ignorant for you to generalize on all the youth in town because many of us parents work hard at making our children respectful. Are you a parent yourself? I quess you have a masters degree in parenting so that gives you the right to judge others.
I'm sure your kid is a saint.(Just kidding. You sound like a retard.)
mom runnemede

Willingboro, NJ

#9 Aug 9, 2013
You all are rite to a extent but the bottem line is ,,the problem and the solutions ,,,START AT HOME!!!

You can fight and argue but this is a problem these days. There is to many self centered parents. That wanna have kids and then expect them to teach themselves rite and from wrong!!! because the parents are not involved in the importantt things in their kids lives because they are too buzy with their bizzy social lives and trying to be better ,and have more then theirs friends and neighbors have. Too fack for me. If you have kids,,, your in it for the life!!!
patti

Collingswood, NJ

#10 Aug 12, 2013
I work at triton in the cafeteria, and yes those kids think the world revolves around them, very disrespectful to teachers etc, I don't take no crap from them, my own kids knew where to stop with me, I didn't put up with that and sure as hell not putting up with it at the school. bring back the belt. that's what a lot of them need.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Magnolia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Assembly Speaker Prieto is consulting for a maj... Aug '14 opiub 2
FBI needs to investigate Barrington, NJ (Jun '07) Jul '14 afraid to post 59
joshua dockery sailor (Mar '10) Jun '14 curious 4
Christie protesters will have 'free speech zone... May '14 ROSENBERG 1
Review: A Checkers Tanning Salon & Laundromat (Aug '13) May '14 Sarah 2
Review: Luca's Laundry Apr '14 micki 1
Local judge faces state complaint (Oct '10) Apr '14 Monas in town 6
•••

Magnolia News Video

•••