The Old Benningfield Garage Break-in at Pikeview.

Posted in the Magnolia Forum

love 2 know

Nashville, TN

#1 Dec 3, 2009
There are several people that are involved in the stealing at the old garage in Pikeview, my problem is I only know of one confession. I naturally know that one person cannot pickup 1200 lb. laye and put it through the window of the old garage all by himself. I'm hoping that someone knows something about this robbery and could come up with more names and information. I'm sure there is somebody out there that knows these thieves. We all must stand together and stop the thieves from going into our homes and buildings and taking what they want in broad daylight. If you know anything please, do the right thing and call the owners of the garage, you know who they are!
Concerned

Glasgow, KY

#2 Dec 3, 2009
What is a 1200 lb. laye?
love 2 know

Nashville, TN

#3 Dec 4, 2009
Concerned wrote:
What is a 1200 lb. laye?
It is short for lathe (shaping machine)
Redneck

Horse Cave, KY

#4 Dec 4, 2009
I would like to know who got in the old Benningfield place myself. That would got that far to do something like that. To take something that dont belong to you and do something with it. That is so wrong. I hope that there is some names that come up. I hear that it was one person that done it. But one person could not pick up 1200 lbs.
Name them

Munfordville, KY

#5 Dec 5, 2009
I live in the area and would like to know the persons name who confessed to this crime. That shouldn't be any problem if they admited to doing it. Thank you

Since: Dec 09

Cave City, KY

#6 Dec 20, 2009
I really hate to think that our area and this world has come to this type of behavior. To go into some place that doesn't belong to you and to take things that don't belong to you. I know the Benningfield family. That property was the last link they had to a very dear man to them, their father and grand- father. If someone need food or money for neccessities that bad I'm sure the family would have found a way to help whoever it was out. That is the type of people they are, ready to help anyone they can even if they are having a hard time themselves. That lathe was one thing they had left of a great man and now they don't have it and no way of recovering it or the other things that have been stolen from the garage in the past years. I'll tell you it sure is a sorry lot in this world today. I would be deeply ashamed to admit I had taken anything. Of course, was taught to respect other peoples belongings and to work for what I have or need.
love 2 know

Nashville, TN

#7 Dec 21, 2009
Couldn't of said it any better!!!
Name them

Munfordville, KY

#8 Jan 9, 2010
I agree, I hate a thief. I have one question. I was born and raised within two miles from the Benningfield Garage. That place has been in shambles falling for the past fifteen years. Honestly I am over 40 years old and didn't know ANYTHING was in that place! Leaves two concerns. One why if this stuff was so "important" to the family was it abandon in a fallen down building? Secondly, It had to be someone that knew it was there. Honestly I figured the place would collapse about 15 years ago. If their is anything left they care about leave a post. I have a safey watched barn, that I would be more than happy to let them store anything of Mr. Benningfields objects for his family. Free of charge of course! And they WILL NOT BE STOLEN FROM MY FARM!
a good friend

Glasgow, KY

#9 Jul 16, 2010
from what i know it was his fathers garage.. and after he passed he just didnt want anything bothered it was his dads stuff and he wanted eerything to just be thier from what i know
another magnolia resident

Glasgow, KY

#10 Aug 4, 2011
i remember going in that garage and having some of those hamburgers he used to make in there fondly. my mom and i used to go down there all the time. of course, this was way the hell back when Virgie still had the country store across the street. i severely burned my left hand in that store when i was 5 years old...scar's still there...lol.

i miss that old man...j.d. and norman too...i doubt they remember me...lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Magnolia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Limbertwig 153,745
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 19 min lolz 5,195
EMS Jamie Miller steals over $17,000.00 in Over... 46 min Family 69
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 3 hr Mary Lou 26,278
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 6 hr Tollesboro Guy 81,637
Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 11 hr BIG_STEVIE 473
Dakota Drake is mike handles son Thu marty 1
•••
•••
•••

Magnolia Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Magnolia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Magnolia News, Events & Info