Posted in the Magnolia Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
White Widow

Centerville, TX

#1 Dec 12, 2013
I was shocked and amazed after reading his time line,

In Prison for rape of a seven year old, escape, killing another inmate, then paroled 3 yrs later.

What a strong young lady, to bad it wasnt a double barrel.
not kidding

Glasgow, KY

#2 Dec 13, 2013
This article horrified me. I have lived here 20+ yrs, but this is the first I've ever known of this. One would think due the heinous nature of the crimes that there would be whisperings of creepy legends or embellished lingering campsite ghost stories floating about. But none the less, I sometimes let my guard down in regards to the safety measures I have in place for my teenage children, mainly because we do live in a small town where everybody knows just about everybody. But this just goes to show, you never know who or what might be lurking around any corner...
high

Glasgow, KY

#3 Dec 13, 2013
not kidding wrote:
This article horrified me. I have lived here 20+ yrs, but this is the first I've ever known of this. One would think due the heinous nature of the crimes that there would be whisperings of creepy legends or embellished lingering campsite ghost stories floating about. But none the less, I sometimes let my guard down in regards to the safety measures I have in place for my teenage children, mainly because we do live in a small town where everybody knows just about everybody. But this just goes to show, you never know who or what might be lurking around any corner...
The killer, Cable, wasn't from LaRue Co. But, he ended up with a campsite in the woods near Howardstown. The story of whathe did could be a real life horror movie.
Curious

Elizabethtown, KY

#4 Dec 13, 2013
Where did you read this story, I would like to read it.
Messed up

Elizabethtown, KY

#5 Dec 13, 2013
I remember this, him and another guy from Louisville kidnapped a teen girl that the one knew held her at camp site tide to a tree . they raped her for a while like a couple of weeks or so, she got loose and shot him with a shot gun. she was found naked on that road .they found the other guy arrested him turns out they did this several times killing an dismembering the others..the girl was lucky she got away. they searched all rivers and creeks looking for body parts. I thought I heard years ago that this guy killed himself in prison. guess not. this kinda sums it up. just what I remember reading in paper and on local news.
not kidding

Glasgow, KY

#6 Dec 13, 2013
Curious wrote:
Where did you read this story, I would like to read it.
It was on the front page of The Larue County Herald News this week. I guess it can be read online too.
Darth Plagueis

Garland, TX

#7 Dec 16, 2013
Actually you do have a killer still living in town, and I'd call her the 'scummiest of the scummy' because she helped her former husband kill her own teen daughter. All because stepdad was molesting her and didn't want to go to prison. So he chose giong to prison (then hanging himself) instead. Smart. The mother is supposedly out and living around town. Greedy beeyitch, choosing rotten old Hodgen-d*ck over her own kid? WOW.

Kid's name was Samantha Poper, BTW. Discussed here in-depth.

Since: Oct 12

Glasgow, KY

#8 Dec 16, 2013
Darth Plagueis wrote:
Actually you do have a killer still living in town, and I'd call her the 'scummiest of the scummy' because she helped her former husband kill her own teen daughter. All because stepdad was molesting her and didn't want to go to prison. So he chose giong to prison (then hanging himself) instead. Smart. The mother is supposedly out and living around town. Greedy beeyitch, choosing rotten old Hodgen-d*ck over her own kid? WOW.
Kid's name was Samantha Poper, BTW. Discussed here in-depth.
The mother is still in prison with a life sentence. Yes she was a sorry excuse for a mother and the stepfather took the easy way out instead of facing what he had done. My husband (now ex) and I purchased the property in 1997, where all this took place and demolished and buried the house where they all lived at the time it took place.
People

Elizabethtown, KY

#9 Dec 16, 2013
nurse50 wrote:
<quoted text>The mother is still in prison with a life sentence. Yes she was a sorry excuse for a mother and the stepfather took the easy way out instead of facing what he had done. My husband (now ex) and I purchased the property in 1997, where all this took place and demolished and buried the house where they all lived at the time it took place.
Who were these people?

Since: Oct 12

Glasgow, KY

#10 Dec 17, 2013
People wrote:
<quoted text> Who were these people?
The mother's name was Debra Talbott and the fathers name was Gerald. She will be up for parole in March 2015. She has already been deferred once for 96 months and this is her next chance at parole. Just typed in her name and her mugshot shows up and you can read her charge and sentence. You can also type in Commonwealth of Kentucky vs Debra Talbott and read the whole confession.
Crazy

Louisville, KY

#11 Dec 18, 2013
whoa.
Darth Plagueis

Garland, TX

#12 Jan 27, 2014
nurse50 wrote:
<quoted text>The mother's name was Debra Talbott and the fathers name was Gerald. She will be up for parole in March 2015. She has already been deferred once for 96 months and this is her next chance at parole. Just typed in her name and her mugshot shows up and you can read her charge and sentence. You can also type in Commonwealth of Kentucky vs Debra Talbott and read the whole confession.
Thanks for the info. I was told by somebody that she was already out; guess he was wrong! LOL

If it was simple manslaughter would be one thing, but this was a planned thing between she and her husband, to protect HIS behind. Unfortunately, there's no shortage of narcissism in Hodgenville - like when their kids get past pageant/talent show/Little Miss/Master competition age, they're done with em. No use to them, for attention or money.
what

Campbellsville, KY

#13 Jan 28, 2014
the way this town forgives that woman just may be our next sheriff
what

Campbellsville, KY

#14 Jan 28, 2014
or mayer
Darth Plagueis

Garland, TX

#15 Jan 28, 2014
what wrote:
or mayer
LOL in H-ville, ANYTHING is possible. Betsy Bartsch Wimsatt should be out soon if not already, maybe they can run together.

If friends and family members rallies together, they can campaign to NOT have her released. Kinda like in TX, the 3rd then-teenager in the early 70's Houston Mass Murders - 27 dead boys - he was about to get out of prison but family of the victims teamed up and he was refused parole. That's David Brooks, Wayne Henley will never get out and Dean Corll is dead.

People with narcissistic personality disorder are unpredictable because they have no feeling of anyone else's pain, terror, anything - except their own. Grandkids, if any, beware, if she's let out.
Darth Plagueis

Garland, TX

#16 Jan 28, 2014
not kidding wrote:
Don't forget a friend of mine "missing" since 1991 - technically Green County but was known in Larue: Mary Rose West. She was in her 40's I believe and was last seen in the Despain Rd area (on 210 or whatever, towards Campbellsville).

If she was murdered, I hope the area is aware DNA testing has came a long way since 1991, if there's anything TO test.
Darth Plagueis

Garland, TX

#17 Jan 28, 2014
My bad, got that backwards:
Rose MARY West.
lollol

Campbellsville, KY

#18 Jan 31, 2014
How do you know Rose West ? can you help finnd her or give clues?
Darth Plagueis

Garland, TX

#19 Feb 1, 2014
lollol wrote:
How do you know Rose West ? can you help finnd her or give clues?
I just knew her from social events like cookouts, and all of a sudden disappeared in 1991. I'd heard a rumor or two but I don't take here-say seriously, especially small town gossip.

You'd might have to get a true crime psychic to find out what became of her. I've no clue but I'd say right where she was last seen - Green county, Despain Rd area is likely where a skeleton would be found.

I'd forgotten about her for years, just recently remembered her and found out she still hadn't been located.
knowwhatyourtalk nbout

United States

#20 Feb 1, 2014
Ok I just have to say deathl plagius, please before you say something get the facts straight, especially when it is as serious matter or topic as this one.. Like the other said, she IS still in prison and yes she goes up for parole soon...but so does any other person in the justice system, and i know pretty much for a fact that unless something weird happens that she will be in there for a while, even if she is a preacher at jail..even her dad goes tothe trial and says she is the monster that she is..and once gerald died of course it was easier to try to blame him for everything bc he wasn't there to defend himself..yes most if not all is online and if you actually did the research you say yoi did, you would see the letters for the police from gerald..and about the suicide...once again..don't speak before you know fscts...anyone that knew hI'm.and the family knew that yeah they were all rough and skanky, but when upi got to know gerald and sammy then it was totally differnt..yea the mom was nasty and a bitch still..but anyways there was speculation and talk that it was fowl play in the jail and was thought that he didn't actually do it to himself!! Another thing..yes I agree 200 million percent that it is wrong for a 30-40 year old grown man to mess or do anything with a 16-17 year old...but molested is a totally different word..and that my friend did not happen..I was actually her friend...and her and him had a relationship if you would call it that and they BOTH said they were in love with one another! So its not like he tied her to the bed and forced himself on her...yes it is still wrong..but not like you put it! She ended up saying that she was going to tell her mom that she was in love with him, he told her to wait till she was 18.. she didn't wait..and when sje told her.mother... well her mother killed her..and over a man at that!! They all had problems..but any woman that would even choose a man's side over her daughter is crazy to me.. once she found out she beat the shit out of her and killed her..once again if you read records Gerald wasn't the one tjat killed her..it was HER MOTHER..then her mother went and told Gerald what she had done and that she wanted to get rid of the evedence and she plotted the plan of what was next...so once she deided sbe was gonna dump thr body, she couldn't do ot own her own and told gerald that he needed to help..and that was the least he could do concidering that he had been sleeping with her daughter... so therefore gerald and her carried the body and dumped it....its a sad story all around and considering I knew all of them ans was close with sammy then I felt like I couldn't sit bsck and watch ir be told wrong...just my thoughts...and no I'm not saying gerald was innocent eithee..because he was 100percent guilty...but just please get the story straight when you tell it, considering that some of the famiys out of both live in this town, but are nothing like that and actually great and outstanding members of our community.. so I would hate for one of them to get a bad name for themselves over people thay did wrong, but the family membets are nothing like that and I'm sure they wouldn't like lies, old myths of it being carried arouns on a gossiping website...so yes. Just saying....
Fyi-sorry if any errors, doing it off n phone i didn't want to pull the labtop out and the iPad is charging, so please excuse what errors there are..thank you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Magnolia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best looking lady at Lincoln National Bank? 5 hr java 11
Micheal key 5 hr catykat 6
John Paul King (Jun '10) 8 hr Stacey 11
LaRue Jail Investigation 9 hr Yes 3
Amy 9 hr Hercuz 1
Monkey see monkey do, who's the biggest player ... Wed Stephany 7
How much drama do you know about pilot? (Jun '09) Dec 11 Unconditional 95

Magnolia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance