Deputy Eric Williams wrongful death Federal Lawsuit

Posted in the Magnolia Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 54 Comments Last updated Jan 18, 2014
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Satanic Warlok”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jun 19, 2013
 
After reading the paper today I was curious as to the communities reaction.

Considering that the famlies attorney-Mike Moulton, is a retired Major in the Kentucky State Police speaks volumes as to the STINK that surrounds this case.

Federal Court (Criminal) is where this needs to be.

It is hard to imagine not calling for an ambulance,
6 minutes is a long time to " set the stage "

I am sure the FBI will be involved as will the US Attorney.



Concerned citizen

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jun 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

This definitely needs to be aired out in court. Seems like a major cover-up. Where are the feds? This cop is still on patrol. He shot him in the back of the head when the car was coming forward towards him?
Captain Morgan

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jun 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Concerned citizen wrote:
This definitely needs to be aired out in court. Seems like a major cover-up. Where are the feds? This cop is still on patrol. He shot him in the back of the head when the car was coming forward towards him?
And it took him some 5 or 6 minutes to come up with a story about what happened??? Something to that effect. There's an autopsy report somewhere that would indicate how close he was when the shot was fired to the back of the head and if it was fired from behind the car which is pretty much a given.
Wise up

Lebanon, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jun 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Lawsuits give only one side of a case and all of you seem to have taken the one side stated for the facts. Grand juries review both sides of a case. The Grand jury reviewed both sides and determined Williamsons actions were justified. As for Moulton being the attorney, it really doesn't say anything as he's after what all attorneys are when they file suit, $$$$.
Concerned citizen

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jun 20, 2013
 
The grand jury said no true bill, which means not enough evidence was presented to proceed. Who presented the evidence? They did not say not guilty or his actions were justified. Get your facts straight!
Boy UR Dum

Munfordville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jun 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Well Concerned, looks like you have a bit to learn about how the Grand Jury works. You appear to have the assumption that if a matter is presented to the Grand Jury then you are guilty of something and if the GJ does not return an indictment then someone has "covered up" something. What a dumbass. The evidence was presented by the Commonweath's Attorney and the Kentucky State Police. I know the detective that presented the evidence and the Com. Atty. well and have worked with both before I retired. AND, I know that neither will every "cover up" anything. If the grand jury doesn't return an indictment it doesn't mean someone failed to "produce the evidence" as you state. It means the evidence showed the person was not guilty and no charges were lodged. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT.
mmhmm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jun 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Everyone just remember the old law enforcement saying, "Kentucky Justice stands for Just Us"
Idiots

Bonnieville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jun 20, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

This post shows how ignorant people truly are. If any of you have ever met Deputy Williamson you would know that he is not a bad person. He would not cause harm on another person unless he felt his own life was in jeopardy. This lawsuit in my opinion is ridiculous. This is a man that spent most of his time in and out jail. He ran from the cops. Cops are being killed everyday for no reason. If he feared his life he had a right to protect his self. A civil suit will not bring this ladies son back. It will not change anything. I think it is a pathetic attempt to try and get some $$$.
Baseball fanatic

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jun 20, 2013
 
Eric Williamson is a fair, honest cop who had to make a decision in a split second. He was found to have acted appropriately. This lawsuit is frivolous. Anyone can sue a person. It doesn't mean that a person is guilty. It was unfortunate that the man died, but this lawsuit is not warranted. I pray for the family of the man killed and for Deputy Williamson.
YeaBoy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jun 20, 2013
 
I'm sure your opinion would be the same if your son was shot in the back of the head by a police officer. Obviously by your post your biased to Mr. Williamson. The fact of the matter is that he lost it that night from fear and took someone's life in the process. You don't unload an entire magazine into the back of someone's truck in self defense. When it boils down too it, he is just not cut out to be a law enforcement officer. He completely melted under pressure. Watch how fast the county settles and you judge if he is guilty or not....

“Satanic Warlok”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jun 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Baseball fanatic wrote:
Eric Williamson is a fair, honest cop who had to make a decision in a split second. He was found to have acted appropriately. This lawsuit is frivolous. Anyone can sue a person. It doesn't mean that a person is guilty. It was unfortunate that the man died, but this lawsuit is not warranted. I pray for the family of the man killed and for Deputy Williamson.
He had 6 minutes to make alot of decisions, doing nothing was the one he chose.
Clide

Loretto, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jun 20, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Well I know that he was after someone last month and deputy Williams said he started to shoot the guy in the back while he was running from him so he didn't have to run after him.

“Satanic Warlok”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jun 20, 2013
 
Idiots wrote:
This post shows how ignorant people truly are. If any of you have ever met Deputy Williamson you would know that he is not a bad person. He would not cause harm on another person unless he felt his own life was in jeopardy. This lawsuit in my opinion is ridiculous. This is a man that spent most of his time in and out jail. He ran from the cops. Cops are being killed everyday for no reason. If he feared his life he had a right to protect his self. A civil suit will not bring this ladies son back. It will not change anything. I think it is a pathetic attempt to try and get some $$$.
If he had followed proceedure there would be no question.

Alot of good people make bad choices and are held accountable just the same.

He did not know who he was shooting, it could have been your son out joyriding, I remember when a cop would chose to wound or shoot out tires to stop the suspect, not unload an entire clip in someones back and not call for assistance.

Protect and Serve - not assainate
Seriously

Bonnieville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jun 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Maybe you should get your facts straight before you post on a completely bogus website. First of all this lawsuit is a joke and nothing in it is true. Nothing! People will say a lot of bull crap to make a few bucks. Secondly deputy Williamson did not fire an entire magazine clip and that is a FACT. Getting on here and spreading lies and making up trash for a lawsuit trying to make money is slander.
Get the facts

Mount Sherman, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jun 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

You people are idiots!!!. These are the most ridiculous things I ever heard. I'm not even a Hodgenville citizen and know this is a bold face lie. You people on here bashing him should be praising him. Put yourself in his situation he took an oath to protect citizens and that's what he did. What if you or your family member had met this out of control driver on the road and he would have taken a life or multiple lives. Then you all would be saying "That deputy was behind him why didn't he stop him." I am 100% certain that deputy did nothing wrong.
Idiots

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jun 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Darkrah666 wrote:
<quoted text>
If he had followed proceedure there would be no question.
Alot of good people make bad choices and are held accountable just the same.
He did not know who he was shooting, it could have been your son out joyriding, I remember when a cop would chose to wound or shoot out tires to stop the suspect, not unload an entire clip in someones back and not call for assistance.
Protect and Serve - not assainate


That is where you are wrong if my child ran from the cops and made them feel they were endanger for their life. I would not place blame on the cop for protecting his self. It is a sad situation and as a parent i would be devastated but you cant blame one person for another's poor judgement!!!!
Hero of the day

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jun 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

He is a grown kid with a badge gun and poor judgment that don't follow protocol that he went to the academy for. he wants to be the lone ranger in itself puts his life and others in danger back up was on the way why didn't he wait and after six or more shoots fired in what direction idk but the fact is he did not call for ems Robbie did and if he was trying to hit him how come his cruiser wasn't hit. No matter what you say he made a mistake. He knows he done wrong and he has to live with it.

“Satanic Warlok”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jun 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Seriously wrote:
Maybe you should get your facts straight before you post on a completely bogus website. First of all this lawsuit is a joke and nothing in it is true. Nothing! People will say a lot of bull crap to make a few bucks. Secondly deputy Williamson did not fire an entire magazine clip and that is a FACT. Getting on here and spreading lies and making up trash for a lawsuit trying to make money is slander.
I am not a party to this suit in any way shape or form. I started this thread only AFTER it came out in the paper this week.

I have commented only what was presented in the paper, which is public information filed in open court.

Do I feel that Law Enforcement should be held accountable for their
actions and inaction - YES

Vehicle Enforcement wounded Aron Hart after being involved in a Armed Robbery and took him in alive to face Justice. I applaud that. Immediately called for medical assistance. That Officer has and deserves my highest respect.

I know people who saw the vehicle and it was hit multible times.

If you dont like this site then get off of it.
Get the facts

Mount Sherman, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jun 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Darkrah666 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not a party to this suit in any way shape or form. I started this thread only AFTER it came out in the paper this week.
I have commented only what was presented in the paper, which is public information filed in open court.
Do I feel that Law Enforcement should be held accountable for their
actions and inaction - YES
Vehicle Enforcement wounded Aron Hart after being involved in a Armed Robbery and took him in alive to face Justice. I applaud that. Immediately called for medical assistance. That Officer has and deserves my highest respect.
I know people who saw the vehicle and it was hit multible times.
If you dont like this site then get off of it.
Do you have a job? Or is this what you do all day???
Clide

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jun 21, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

hes a trigger happy punk cop who should be locked up just like any other citizen who shoots and kills someone else. they cover up so much stuff in larue county,heck most of the cops over there are in to more stuff than the people they lock up.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Magnolia Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Magnolia Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Magnolia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Magnolia News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Magnolia
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••