Sam W

Monticello, AR

#1 Jun 27, 2012
I want to say a great big "THANK YOU" Magnolia for your support on this sales tax initiative, we couldn't have done it without each & every one of you, now we can get back to the more weightier matters of running this great city of ours. I want to also say thank you to Steve Nipper & Gary Farrar, we couldn't accomplish this without you two fine gentleman! Thank you fellow patrons!
-Sam W.
p.s. please re-elect me for city council, so we can raise the property tax too!
Jess from Dominos

El Dorado, AR

#2 Jun 27, 2012
Are you gay?
Really

Monticello, AR

#3 Jun 28, 2012
Why would you ask such a question of Sam based on that post?? That doesn't even make sense. Lay off of the hater-ade!
margret

Marble Falls, TX

#4 Jul 28, 2012
Sam W wrote:
I want to say a great big "THANK YOU" Magnolia for your support on this sales tax initiative, we couldn't have done it without each & every one of you, now we can get back to the more weightier matters of running this great city of ours. I want to also say thank you to Steve Nipper & Gary Farrar, we couldn't accomplish this without you two fine gentleman! Thank you fellow patrons!
-Sam W.
p.s. please re-elect me for city council, so we can raise the property tax too!
I will not vote for anyone who wants to steady raise the taxes. Considering there are no jobs for the minority which are whites now. You let a white person go to any of the fast food establishments and ask for a job. Every eating place, grocery store, clothing store and even pharmacies have 1 or 2 white people working to the 8 or 9 minorities working. I am not racist by no means but explain to me why it is so hard for a white Man or woman to get a job? The prices in this town have gotten so high that a family of 4 that receive help cant even have food for entire month. I'm sure the people who dont receive any kind of help will agree that when you go to buy groceries and you looking at your buggy and thinking well this shouldnt be to much, then the cashier tells you that will be 250.00 and your looking at her dumbfounded and saying where? A gallon of MILK is higher than a gallon of GAS. A loaf of bread is almost $3.00. The price of living keeps going up but the government doesnt want to give us a pay increase to where the money we BRING HOME NOT WHAT OUR GROSS PAY SAID BEFORE THE GOVERNMENT TOOK THEIR CUT OUT, SHOULD BE HIGHER THAN WHAT WE ARE HAVING TO SPEND ON THE UTILITIES, FOOD BILL AND GOD FORBID WE HAVE TO BUY CLOTHES, WE CAN NOT RUN AROUND NAKED, SO PAY US MORE BEFORE RAISING THE TAXES ON EVERYTHING AROUND HERE.
what

United States

#5 Jul 28, 2012
margret wrote:
<quoted text> I will not vote for anyone who wants to steady raise the taxes. Considering there are no jobs for the minority which are whites now. You let a white person go to any of the fast food establishments and ask for a job. Every eating place, grocery store, clothing store and even pharmacies have 1 or 2 white people working to the 8 or 9 minorities working. I am not racist by no means but explain to me why it is so hard for a white Man or woman to get a job? The prices in this town have gotten so high that a family of 4 that receive help cant even have food for entire month. I'm sure the people who dont receive any kind of help will agree that when you go to buy groceries and you looking at your buggy and thinking well this shouldnt be to much, then the cashier tells you that will be 250.00 and your looking at her dumbfounded and saying where? A gallon of MILK is higher than a gallon of GAS. A loaf of bread is almost $3.00. The price of living keeps going up but the government doesnt want to give us a pay increase to where the money we BRING HOME NOT WHAT OUR GROSS PAY SAID BEFORE THE GOVERNMENT TOOK THEIR CUT OUT, SHOULD BE HIGHER THAN WHAT WE ARE HAVING TO SPEND ON THE UTILITIES, FOOD BILL AND GOD FORBID WE HAVE TO BUY CLOTHES, WE CAN NOT RUN AROUND NAKED, SO PAY US MORE BEFORE RAISING THE TAXES ON EVERYTHING AROUND HERE.
Although, agree with you about taxing too much, but as far a family of four on aid not having enough food I can promise you they are eating better than those of us who have to pay. Also, food from aid doesn't have taxes on it. It's obvious who is paying with their own money have much less groceries than ones on aid.
margret

Brookeland, TX

#6 Jul 30, 2012
what wrote:
<quoted text>
Although, agree with you about taxing too much, but as far a family of four on aid not having enough food I can promise you they are eating better than those of us who have to pay. Also, food from aid doesn't have taxes on it. It's obvious who is paying with their own money have much less groceries than ones on aid.
Not really.$300.00 worth of food only last a family of 4 2 sometimes 2 and half weeks when you got growing teenagers. then come the next 2 weeks of wondering where the food is to come from
yep

Bandera, TX

#7 Jul 31, 2012
I bet Parnell is eating nicely, Correct me if I'm wrong but a day after the tax passed I heard he was moving to a bigger house?
margret

Cleveland, TX

#8 Jul 31, 2012
maybe we should all move in with Mr. Parnell Vann and let him feed us
No Surprise Here

Monticello, AR

#9 Jul 31, 2012
Yep! I bet Parnell is eating nicely, Correct me if I'm wrong but a day after the tax passed I heard he was moving to a bigger house?

CONSIDER YOURSELF CORRECTED - WHAT YOU HEARD, IF YOU REALLY HEARD IT, WAS A LIE AND JUST MORE PUKE FROM THE LOSERS. If you want to know the truth just call and ask him. The facts are there if you cared about telling the truth.
what

United States

#10 Aug 1, 2012
margret wrote:
<quoted text>Not really.$300.00 worth of food only last a family of 4 2 sometimes 2 and half weeks when you got growing teenagers. then come the next 2 weeks of wondering where the food is to come from
Try cutting out junk food...cokes, chips, dips. etc....try beans, potatoes, and use the pc to find cheap recipes with very few ingredients.
margret

Jasper, TX

#11 Aug 1, 2012
what wrote:
<quoted text>
Try cutting out junk food...cokes, chips, dips. etc....try beans, potatoes, and use the pc to find cheap recipes with very few ingredients.
all ready did that

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Magnolia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Taco Bell Aug 19 Camden Kid Toucher 3
Poll why employers willnot hire a convicted felon (Mar '08) Aug 18 Anonymous124 253
Glasses for solar eclipse Aug 16 Resident 3
Theater opportunity in Magnolia? (Nov '14) Aug 10 Lovetheater 7
Chris Workman Jul '17 Bentonarhottie 1
Sagging pants law (Sep '15) Jul '17 Leah 13
News Arkansas City Prepares to Open New Arts District Jul '17 jeb 8

Magnolia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Magnolia Mortgages