Since: May 09

Sunnyvale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2009

im looking for more information about the disappearance of Bobo Shinn. any info or pictures would be great. i have looked and looked but havent found much information.
Magnolian

White Hall, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2009

As far as I know, there has never been any closure on this case. I've heard gossip about it, but nothing reliable.
nanny308

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2009

BigGreen wrote:
im looking for more information about the disappearance of Bobo Shinn. any info or pictures would be great. i have looked and looked but havent found much information.
The case is still open!!
WriterDK

Beebe, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2009

BigGreen wrote:
There is very little on Jimmie "Bobo" Shinn's case available on the internet.

Arkansas Democrat July 25th 1978 has a photo and article.
I am writing a book on Arkansas unsolved murders & missing persons, Jimmie's is one of the cases.
i remember

College Station, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2009

the eldorado news times carried this story for a while when it happened. might find something there. Every once in a while they will bring it up but no new info. whoever she met to show the property to did away with her is my speculation. why and where they put her is a mystery as well as who did it. somebody knows or thinks they know.
SouthArkNative

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2009

I grew up in El Dorado and went SAU in Magnolia in the early 70s. I remember the news stories about Bobo disappearance and have often wondered through the years if the mystery had ever been solved. Very sad story.
writerDK

Beebe, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2009

Magnolian wrote:
As far as I know, there has never been any closure on this case. I've heard gossip about it, but nothing reliable.
What Gossip?
Even rumors must be checked out?
Native to Mag

Irving, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2009

This case is very sensitive. The case was investigated when it happened but the closer the officials got to solving the case people believe they were paid off and pushed out of town. Many people in the little town know about it and I am sure they know who did it. The thing about it is, whoever did it had enough money to pay people to keep their mouths closed. This case has even made it one of the national cold case programs and people would not talk. Good Luck!
taxpayer

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2009

there was new info given to the ASP just about 6 months ago. it was about a man that was looked at real hard back in the day. i will not say his name on here because he still has family near mag altho he is now dead. i expected the ASP to do some digging behind that house but it hasnt happed yet that i know of. the info was "suppost to be word of mouth" but u know how that goes. and i dont think this person could have paid anyone off, he was just too smart to leave tracks. if it happened in todays world of dna and all the better "csi" type stuff, they would have got him back then when they tried too.

another subject, but i want the people that killed the two boys in saline co. and put them on the tracks for the train to run them over back in 1987 to be tried and convicted. they know who done it, no one has the balls to get them tho. one of the boys family is from magnolia and he is burried at the macedonia baptist church cem just south of town. writerDK, i hope thats in your book! anyone can read about it at www.idfiles.com
i remember

College Station, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2009

hearing rumors that "they" thought that Bobo had been put down a well and would never be found. There were lots of rumors circulating but that is the only one I can remember.
taxpayer

Pine Bluff, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2009

thats right. story goes that behind that house are two water wells, one dried up and another was dug. the one that went dry is full of household trash and other junk. years later, after the "suspect" died, his widow told her new boyfriend that as he was on his deathbed, he confessed to her that he had infact killed her and put her in that well. like i said, its just hearsay, but who knows, she just might be down there. no one will know till they dig it up if that ever happens. now that big john the ASP investigator is on it, we may just find out.
Get Real

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2009

Judged:

I just wish this would go away.

It must be torture for her family to have to have this dug up about every five years or so. Seems like the world would have bigger problems to solve.
Bubby J

Tyler, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2009

Wasn't a body found in a well out near McNeil about 15 years ago? I think it was a male.
cmm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2009

Back in the early days of this, there was a fairly new grave dug up in Stamps Ar...looking for Bobo. They thought she may have been under the coffin.
cmm

London, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2009

Check in Stamps or Lafayette co...heard that recently there was some digging on some property there looking for Bobo...Dont want to names names...but did remember the name of someone thought to be involved..that was found dead very soon after Bobo went missing...
taxpayer

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2009

the location i was speaking of is in mt holley.
Panther to the Heart

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2009

Whatever happened to Miss Shinn, it was being investigated before the dark the day she went missing. The county sheriff as at the Courthouse attending a trial that was taking place that day, and state troopers interrupted the judge during testimony and asked for the sheriff to come with them.
Miss Shinn was a grown woman and no law enforcemnt agency begins looking for an adult within just a few hours of the disappearance unless they have a BIG REASON to. Think about it! News of her dissappearance made the Daily Banner News the day after she vanished, not even 24 hours later!
usually

College Station, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2009

when a missing or murdered person has family, they will push as much as possible for some resolution in the case. They want the person who is missing to have their name and picture out there all the time. so I would think the family would not mind new publicity on the case. Why would you want your wronged loved one to be forgotten? This case reminds me of the one in Camden when the woman went missing. Maude something. She's never been found either and yet people still talk and speculate about it all the time. Her story runs occasionally in the newspaper also. Might be a connection between the two cases even though they are years apart.
Biggie smalls

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2009

Bubby J wrote:
Wasn't a body found in a well out near McNeil about 15 years ago? I think it was a male.
Seems like there was a similar story back in the late 90's about two males found dumped in a well out there. everyone seemed to think it was a drug deal gone bad.
Sad

New Orleans, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2009

So much speculation on this subject. I feel so bad for this family.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of186
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Magnolia Forum right now

Search the Magnolia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
What would you say is the best thing about Magn... (Feb '12) 1 hr obamaisgod 4
black people like women big and ghetto on welfa... 2 hr obamaisgod 1
Quality inn 3 hr One love 4
why employers willnot hire a convicted felon (Mar '08) 3 hr obamaisgod 227
AR Who do you support for Governor in Arkansas in ... (Oct '10) 4 hr Thirsty 917
AR Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 5 hr Always 27,916
just friendly advice 12 hr stfu 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Magnolia Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Magnolia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE