First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wondering

Magnolia, AR

#1 May 11, 2011
What's up with our district court Judge. He continually shows up late for court. He was late Tuesday one hour and 27 minutes and offered no excuse to us who had to wait. It said 9:00AM on my ticket so I assumed that was what time court started. I bet if I had been late I would have had to explain why.
best judge in town

Warren, AR

#2 May 11, 2011
You should be grateful that you are going in front of this judge! He is a very kind and understanding person.

How do you know he continually shows up late for court. I had a ticket last year and went before him, and I don't think for one minute that had you been late he would have held it against you. He may have asked you why you were late, but he would have at least given you the benefit of a doubt instead of making things harder for you.

I had a son who stayed in court years ago, and they have absolutely no consideration for you. I don't know the number of times I took off from my job to take the son to court, only to find out court had been canceled for that day. I would have been happy to have just waited an hour and a half...instead of having to take another day off from my job, especially since I got paid by the hour which meant I either had to take a vacation day or lose a day's pay!
Funny Thoughts

Magnolia, AR

#3 May 11, 2011
best judge in town wrote:
You should be grateful that you are going in front of this judge! He is a very kind and understanding person.
How do you know he continually shows up late for court. I had a ticket last year and went before him, and I don't think for one minute that had you been late he would have held it against you. He may have asked you why you were late, but he would have at least given you the benefit of a doubt instead of making things harder for you.
I had a son who stayed in court years ago, and they have absolutely no consideration for you. I don't know the number of times I took off from my job to take the son to court, only to find out court had been canceled for that day. I would have been happy to have just waited an hour and a half...instead of having to take another day off from my job, especially since I got paid by the hour which meant I either had to take a vacation day or lose a day's pay!
HAHAHAHA!!!! You must either be his wife or his drinking/drunk buddy to say so nice things about that worthless human being called judge!!!!
nope

Warren, AR

#4 May 12, 2011
Funny Thoughts wrote:
<quoted text> HAHAHAHA!!!! You must either be his wife or his drinking/drunk buddy to say so nice things about that worthless human being called judge!!!!
No, I'm not his wife, I don't drink, nor do I know him outside of a courtroom. I formed my opinion by watching him in court and how he treated those who went before him. I have no idea about his personal life whatsoever.

You must have done some really bad things to feel that way about him, and it sounds like you have spent a lot of time before him in court.
sunshine smackover ar

Magnolia, AR

#5 May 13, 2011
Judge Crumpler is only adding to the down fall of Magnolia. He is so bias he did not need to go to law school - if he did. He only rules by what he wants or what his buddies want. Not good for Magnolia. So sad!
rose

Magnolia, AR

#6 May 15, 2011
Lucky Crumpler is in Magnolia because he got in trouble in El Dorado and now he is a district judge in Magnolia. Go figure!
Food Critic

Pine Bluff, AR

#7 May 16, 2011
rose wrote:
Lucky Crumpler is in Magnolia because he got in trouble in El Dorado and now he is a district judge in Magnolia. Go figure!
What kind of trouble? Or is this just your made up rumor?
whatevs

Jonesboro, AR

#8 May 16, 2011
rose wrote:
You are talking out of your ass here, rose. Maybe check your facts before you start rumors about people.
Tuesday

Magnolia, AR

#9 May 18, 2011
Tuesday 5-17-2011 Trial date. showed up at 40 minutes late
Madea

El Dorado, AR

#10 May 19, 2011
Those of you who are complaining: Do you have any knowledge of the law? Ignorance of a topic leads to the misinformation and false accusations evidenced above. Just because things are different now than past years does not mean they are wrong. Have you considered past years may not have been conducted completely legal? Do any of you complainers have your own private crystal ball and can see what is taking place in Judge's chambers? Merely sitting in the courtroom does not make you part of the justice system nor does it give you a complete understanding of how it works. Perhaps you should verify your facts before you let your extreme ignorance show!
smackover

Warren, AR

#11 May 19, 2011
sunshine smackover ar wrote:
Judge Crumpler is only adding to the down fall of Magnolia. He is so bias he did not need to go to law school - if he did. He only rules by what he wants or what his buddies want. Not good for Magnolia. So sad!
Perhaps you should have gotten in trouble in Smackover instead of bringing it to Magnolia. I still say you got real lucky to get Lucky as the judge. I was very impressed with him when I went before him over a ticket, and no, I didn't know him at all. I watched all the ones there that day that were ahead of me, and he treated them all very respectfully.

It's also not very wise to get on a message board and announce the days you were in court, he may hear what you are saying about him! Doubt he'd have any warm, fuzzy feelings for you after what all you have said.
Citizen

Pine Bluff, AR

#12 May 20, 2011
Not all of the work of the court is done in the courtroom. The judge, attorneys and police often have business which is conducted in the judge's chambers. Just because the judge isn't in the courtroom doesn't mean nothing is happening; you just don't get to see all of it.
wondering

Camden, AR

#13 May 23, 2012
Well, I believe the people of Columbia County had the final say with a landslide of 68% of the vote
Mike Epley will be our new judge. The first time in over 50 years in Columbia County a sitting judge has been voted out of office. I think that pretty much says it all.
Sara

Magnolia, AR

#14 May 23, 2012
wondering wrote:
Well, I believe the people of Columbia County had the final say with a landslide of 68% of the vote
Mike Epley will be our new judge. The first time in over 50 years in Columbia County a sitting judge has been voted out of office. I think that pretty much says it all.
Guess ole Crumpler should have been on time more often ;D Bahahahaha! You go Epley!!
whatevs

Magnolia, AR

#16 May 23, 2012
I guess when the right people want you out, there's no amount of fairness or competence that can keep you in. Columbia County and Magnolia got what it deserved. And that "Lucky Crumpler" up there is most definitely not the real one.
justwondering2

Conway, AR

#18 May 31, 2012
wondering wrote:
Yes, the people of Columbia County did have their say. But only time will tell if the "fine folks" of Columbia County made a wise choice. I personally believe you will all regret voting Mr. Epley into office once he has been on the bench for a while. Have you ever asked yourselves why a wealthy man his age, with his kind of legal experience would want to take on a job like district court judge? Did you ever see him out in the community among the common folks, us ordinary citizens, campaigning, asking for our votes? Did you ever wonder WHO encouraged him to seek this office? Perhaps whose who are seeking favors? Maybe those who don't think ALL citizens are innocent until proven guilty? Kinda makes you wonder, doesn't it??? And just in case you were wondering, being born and raised in Columbia County doesn't qualify you for this position....just in case you were wondering about these things and don't have an axe to grind in someone's back.......
now what

Hot Springs Village, AR

#19 Jun 1, 2012
I think Mike Epley is a kind and fair man. He will be a fair and considerate judge. There is no reason to talk about how bad of a judge you think he will be when you have nothing to back it up with. What does it matter what his age is or his income? Why does anyone want to hold public office? Crumpler's record spoke for itself. It was a fair election and the people of our county have spoken.
Watching in Magnolia

Pine Bluff, AR

#20 Jun 8, 2012
now what wrote:
I think Mike Epley is a kind and fair man. He will be a fair and considerate judge. There is no reason to talk about how bad of a judge you think he will be when you have nothing to back it up with. What does it matter what his age is or his income? Why does anyone want to hold public office? Crumpler's record spoke for itself. It was a fair election and the people of our county have spoken.
If you think folks shouldn't talk about how bad a judge will be, then you shouldn't talk about how good a judge will be.

What do you know of Crumpler's record? He applied the law fairly no matter who was in front of him and didn't play the 'good old boy' games. The fact that Crumpler was fair is the reason Mike Epley was picked to run against him.

I think Mike Epley will be a fair and considerate judge if you are part of the wealthy/'powerful'/'upper class'/elite set in Magnolia. These are the people who picked Epley to run against Crumpler. They wanted things to go back to the way they were before Crumpler was judge, when who you were decided how you were treated. If you are just a regular person, working at your job, or heaven forbid, you're unemployed, I think you will find that Epley will not be fair or considerate. Only time will tell...I hope I'm wrong. I guess we'll see once one of the Magnolia 'elite' gets stopped for DWI on the way back from the Country Club...

lalalalala

El Dorado, AR

#21 Jun 12, 2012
Watching in Magnolia wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think folks shouldn't talk about how bad a judge will be, then you shouldn't talk about how good a judge will be.
What do you know of Crumpler's record? He applied the law fairly no matter who was in front of him and didn't play the 'good old boy' games. The fact that Crumpler was fair is the reason Mike Epley was picked to run against him.
I think Mike Epley will be a fair and considerate judge if you are part of the wealthy/'powerful'/'upper class'/elite set in Magnolia. These are the people who picked Epley to run against Crumpler. They wanted things to go back to the way they were before Crumpler was judge, when who you were decided how you were treated. If you are just a regular person, working at your job, or heaven forbid, you're unemployed, I think you will find that Epley will not be fair or considerate. Only time will tell...I hope I'm wrong. I guess we'll see once one of the Magnolia 'elite' gets stopped for DWI on the way back from the Country Club...
OMG.... What the fuck do you care so much about this for? what did eply ever do to you? it's district court for christ's sake. its not like he's sending anyone to the penitentary. get a grip and move on with your life. "What do you know of crumpler's record".... you either work for him or your banging him.
calls em like I sees em

Smithfield, KY

#22 Jun 12, 2012
Now that he is a lame duck judge, He is really showing his ignorance or should I say arrogance?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Magnolia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
rape of a child 12 hr 77jenlin 1
Where are the good women? (Sep '14) 21 hr Leftlongago 7
Faren phar Jul 27 Newtothaarea 5
Jessica Ciesynski Jul 25 sheabitchtho 9
Anonymous Jul 21 seme sweat 2
Walmart closing several stores nationwide Jul 20 No one 8
Fundraiser Abusers Jul 18 doctorannon 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Magnolia Mortgages