What's up with Magnolia Banner News

Posted in the Magnolia Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
word

Aurora, MO

#1 Mar 13, 2012
Out of all the newspapers i have read in my life this is the most boring paper, the only thing they print basically is whois on docket in court.. who gives a care, i wish they would go out and get some interesting things for us to read and just maybe i can stay awake long enough to finish reading, the banner news. The diary use to be interesting but not anymore boring boring boring
Miss Ann Thrope

Camden, AR

#2 Mar 13, 2012
You must be a former disgruntled employee cause the Banner-News is better than it's ever been.
I have been a long-time reader of this paper and they print plenty of interesting stories.
If you have to bitch about something, there are plenty of other things more deserving.
Get over your hate. It will slowly eat away at your soul.
subscriber

Alexandria, LA

#3 Mar 16, 2012
The banner news is covering so much more local stuff. The paper is amazing these days. I look forward to it daily!
word

Aurora, MO

#4 Mar 16, 2012
Miss Ann Thrope wrote:
You must be a former disgruntled employee cause the Banner-News is better than it's ever been.
I have been a long-time reader of this paper and they print plenty of interesting stories.
If you have to bitch about something, there are plenty of other things more deserving.
Get over your hate. It will slowly eat away at your soul.
What the hell is you talking about? i said the paper was boring to me and i will say it again "its boring" and what do you mean hate? talking what you dont know , maynot eat my soul but it will get you told, there is nothing about the paper or the people i hate, I said to ME it is BORING... get over yourself Miss Thrope or who ever you are, this is my opinion so dont judge me because its how i feel, you sound like a hater yourself or a worker for the banner news and you dont tell me what to bitch about miss thrope, you do you and i do me miss thrope
yep

El Dorado, AR

#5 Mar 17, 2012
word wrote:
Out of all the newspapers i have read in my life this is the most boring paper, the only thing they print basically is whois on docket in court.. who gives a care, i wish they would go out and get some interesting things for us to read and just maybe i can stay awake long enough to finish reading, the banner news. The diary use to be interesting but not anymore boring boring boring
I agree
Just a thought

United States

#6 Mar 17, 2012
I'm not sure how long you've lived in magnolia, but anyone who has been there for longer than six months doesn't expect a whole hell of a lot of excitement in the paper or anywhere else.
If someones not chopping up horses or killing their kids, both events which are kind of a rarity, there's not going to be much happening in the paper either. Kudos to the staff for having a paper at all, much less with almost all local news, more than three days a week.
Ex-banner reader

Aurora, MO

#7 Mar 17, 2012
magnolia banner news SUCKS
women of age

Aurora, MO

#8 Mar 19, 2012
months ago i called the diary and spoke with a young lady, i asked her would she print a statement about a young lady in our community, that is a great assest to the elder people of our community, she helps us, comes to pray with us , goes to the store for us, she reads to us, because a lot of us can't read very well, she just a blessing to us elders, and i asked her to please print in the diary how we all appreciate her, we looked every day for this printing and she never did print it. I told the other ladies maybe she thought that the young lady helping us, was not important enough, i got my grand daughter to write this because i didnt want the young lady to know what we did or tried to do for her, but the most important thing is God knows
media junkie

Alexandria, LA

#9 May 4, 2012
So who is going to be the new editor when the current one leaves?
North Seal

Lake Charles, LA

#10 May 4, 2012
media junkie wrote:
So who is going to be the new editor when the current one leaves?
Mike McNeil, it won't be you.
justsayin

United States

#11 May 5, 2012
The editor is leaving??
media junkie

Alexandria, LA

#12 May 6, 2012
That is how her Facebook page is sounding. Looks like Louisiana somewhere.
justsayin

United States

#13 May 6, 2012
I'm sure she'd appreciate one of her facebook friends telling her business (assuming that you are a friend of hers). There hasn't been anything about it in the paper and she had a column in today's paper that didn't mention any plans to leave. Are you sure you aren't misreading something she posted?
gossip sucks!!

United States

#14 May 6, 2012
Don't believe gossip. Call and ask for yourself.
media junkie

Alexandria, LA

#15 May 8, 2012
I hear crazy talk going on about the future of the staff there.
justsayin

United States

#16 May 8, 2012
I hear crazy talk about your mama but doesn't mean it's true. If you know so much, why don't you post it? Could it be that you can't because you don't know anything? Could it be that you're just trying to stir something up, Mike McNeil? Why don't you worry about your own business instead of worrying so much about the Banner-News? I bet you're praying the editor really is leaving because she has made the paper so much better than you ever did.
subscriber

Alexandria, LA

#17 May 9, 2012
My cuz wks up there and said the picture guy--Erin morris will be new editor.
SlimP

Monticello, AR

#18 May 9, 2012
I heard magnoliareporter.com was to be the new owner of the banner.
ha!

Alexandria, LA

#19 May 9, 2012
SlimP wrote:
I heard magnoliareporter.com was to be the new owner of the banner.
fat chance slimP
reading todays paper

Alexandria, LA

#21 May 14, 2012
Talk about promotion! Aaron Morris went from being a freelance photographer to the editor! Congratulations!
My question is what editorial experience does this guy have to offer?
Anyone?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Magnolia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
anyone up for fun??? Tue Bill Luther 22
Larry Dunn the best teacher of all time...JUST ... Apr 18 fed up in mag 1
Looking for a house to rent (Jul '11) Apr 7 Quanna 19
betsy teaque Mar 30 dont appreciate fake 1
Blacks jailed for meth Mar 30 Vic 2
Poll why employers willnot hire a convicted felon (Mar '08) Mar 30 Vic 251
News Living With Multiple Sclerosis, Author Anthony ... Mar 28 Cerebral 2

Magnolia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance