Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 Full story: CNN 32,005

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Full Story

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#19924 Feb 7, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Please show me from the ten commandments where it was a command not to marry an already married woman. Waiting... in the mean time I know verses that state a married woman is to be a widow if she marries again.
You're such an ignorant fool. The law required stoning if a married woman is caught committing adultery. That is having sex with a woman who is already married. If you can't have sex with her, you sure as hell can't marry her you moron.

A widow is no longer married dumb fool.

You're swallow anything to protect the perverts called LDS leaders, won't you?

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#19925 Feb 7, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Speculation, that proves nothing. The Apostles were not the moral pig Smith was. Jesus was never married. Your wishful thinking isn't ever going to make Smith a real prophet.
I have no wishful thinking. I have opinions like you and other times I state the facts which at times you do too :)
You claim Smith was having sex with 30+ WIVES IN A THREE YEAR PERIOD AND YOU HAVE NO ACTUAL PROOF. But that means nothing to you. Instead of doing the right thing and waiting for actual evidence to appear from such attic or basement somewhere that shows beyond a doubt that Smith was having intercourse with even just half of these 30 wives in a 3 year period, instead of waiting for some more DNA evidence to come forth that shows Smith had a kid or kids by one or more of these wives, instead of doing the right thing and remaining non-judgemental, you remain stating what so far is a lie. It's a lie because there is no evidence to show or prove Smith was having relations with anyone but Emma.
See, what I can't understand about you is you don't have to think or believe he wasn't having any relations with any one but Emma. I don't even think that Emma was the only wife he had relations with. But what I thinks means nothing when I have no proof or even circumstantial evidence to support that thought. And I know better than to support the rumours of rumours. It makes me a rumonger in a negative fashion.
What I do understand from what I have read, is there is a difference between how Smith viewed polygamy and how his elders viewed it. Have you ever considered how the other elders partaking in polygamy while Smith was alive, were having a few to several children by their different wives and yet Smith had 30 wives in three years and no kids. Elders are having kids by their wives and Smith continues to have kids by one wife of more than 30.
There is evidence(not proof/facts)that Smith was marrying his wives for a different reason then his elders were marrying their extra wives. You'll understand that if you read the information.
The elders were marrying a few to several wives while Smith was alive and were having relations for the purpose of having kids.
Smith was marrying as many wives as he could possibly marry in a three year period. And no kids that we know of. Yet he continued having relations with Emma their entire marriage and had kids.
And you won't question those oddities. Why is that?
And you have no proof Jesus was never married. That is what you have been brain washed to believe and that brain washing theory began with the early church of Rome bishops, that spent a lot of time trying to prove Jesus wasn't married and why do that? Was someone challenging them that he was? Why did so many bishops spend so much time making writings about the singleness of Jesus if he had been single and no one was contesting that he wasn't single?.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#19926 Feb 7, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll let the LDS leaders answer you:
"God himself was once as we are now, and is an exalted man, and sits enthroned in yonder heavens!!!... We have imagined that God was God from all eternity. I will refute that idea and take away the veil, so that you may see," (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 345).
God the Father had a Father,(Joseph Smith, History of the Church, vol. 6, p. 476; Heber C. Kimball, Journal of Discourses, vol. 5, p. 19; Milton Hunter, First Council of the Seventy, Gospel through the Ages, p. 104-105).
Remember that God, our heavenly Father, was perhaps once a child, and mortal like we ourselves, and rose step by step in the scale of progress, in the school of advancement; has moved forward and overcome, until He has arrived at the point where He now is.
Orson Hyde - Mormon apostle
Journal of Discourses 1:123
He is our Father-the Father of our spirits, and was once a man in mortal flesh as we are, and is now an exalted Being. How many Gods there are, I do not know. But there never was a time when there were not Gods and worlds, and when men were not passing through the same ordeals that we are now passing through.
Brigham Young - Mormon prophet
Journal of Discourses 7:333
God is a natural man... Where did he get his knowledge from? From his Father, just as we get knowledge from our earthly parents.
Heber C. Kimball - First Presidency Counselor
Journal of Discourses 8:211
But if God the Father was not always God, but came to his present exalted position by degrees of progress as indicated in the teachings of the prophet, how has there been a God from all eternity? The answer is that there has been and there now exists an endless line of Gods, stretching back into the eternities.
B. H. Roberts - Mormon Seventy and LDS church historian
New Witness for God 1:476
Whew...as I stated and will restate, no matter where (according to Mormon teachings) in time God's progression was at, he was always a god of perfectness. He had no fault and no error. Those qualities allowed him to become The God of his own eternities.
In the above you don't hear it mentioned because not a lot is known concerning it. But as the Mormon teachings teach of Jesus in the pre-existence, being a spirit of pure righteousness, pure truth, no blemish or error to his character or thoughts, Jesus was God before he came to be a human with mortal flesh.
In the flesh according to Mormon teachings, Jesus progressed by his continued defiance of subjecting himself to the faults of the flesh. Neither humans nor Lucifer himself could persuade Jesus to make any wrong choice. Jesus said he was here to do the will of the father and when he had did those things and suffered himself to those things of mortality that he wouldn't have experienced as a spirit, God the Father called him home and blessed him and gave him all that was promised to him that he had made and created.
And that is the progression of God that Mormons teach concerning Jesus and his mortal estate.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#19927 Feb 8, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
Mormon prophets have continuously taught the sublime truth that God the Eternal Father was once a mortal man who passed through a school of earth life similar to that through which we are now passing. He became God-an exalted being.(p.104)
Yet, if we accept the great law of eternal progression, we must accept the fact that there was a time when Deity was much less powerful than He is today.(p.114)
Thus He grew in experience and continued to grow until He attained the status of Godhood.(p.115)
Milton R. Hunter - Mormon Seventy
The Gospel Throughout The Ages, p.104,114-15
God is an exalted Man... The Prophet taught that our Father had a Father and so on.
Joseph Fielding Smith - Mormon prophet
Doctrines of Salvation 1:10,12
Professing to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man...
—Romans 1:22-23
You can't lie about the teachings of the LDS church with me. You can only lie to yourself.
No, no, no. You said if God was a man he couldn't have had the power to do what he did, that an actual God with power would have had to do those things. I can go paste your exact statement if you want.
I said he had power as a spirit and continued to have power as a mortal because he was perfect with out fault and that was power. The power of a God.
Jesus Christ himself stated he did nothing with out the Father. Jesus said there was one more powerful than himself, God the Father.
God the Father told Jesus that he would set the earth as his foot stool and would give him all the things he created and or helped to create.
That is an acknowledgement of power being passed down from one God to another God. I can paste you NT verses if you like to show where God the Father was giving and or gave Jesus power as he earned it from what he did for the Father and in the Father's name.
You can believe in a single God or three Gods and it doesn't matter in this case. The Bible states Jesus was earning his power from God the Father by doing what God the Father commanded him to do and accomplish. That's Bible facts.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#19928 Feb 8, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
You're such an ignorant fool. The law required stoning if a married woman is caught committing adultery. That is having sex with a woman who is already married. If you can't have sex with her, you sure as hell can't marry her you moron.
A widow is no longer married dumb fool.
You're swallow anything to protect the perverts called LDS leaders, won't you?
This is where you prove you're so good with your whacko replys that had absolutely not a thing to do with your previous statement I asked you to give proof of.
You stated...
"It was clearly against the Ten Commandments for a man to marry a woman who was already married."
I asked you to show me where in the ten commandments God commanded a man not to marry a woman that was already married.
And you didn't show that commandment. Instead you get all windy and go off on some tangent that had nothing to do with your initial statement. And you have did this many many times. And I have called you on it when you have done it.
What did you do? what you just did. Instead of stating, "Okay, it's not a commandment" or something to that effect, you go off talkng about other topics.

Marysville, CA

#19929 Feb 8, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Whew...as I stated and will restate, no matter where (according to Mormon teachings) in time God's progression was at, he was always a god of perfectness. He had no fault and no error. Those qualities allowed him to become The God of his own eternities.
In the above you don't hear it mentioned because not a lot is known concerning it. But as the Mormon teachings teach of Jesus in the pre-existence, being a spirit of pure righteousness, pure truth, no blemish or error to his character or thoughts, Jesus was God before he came to be a human with mortal flesh.
In the flesh according to Mormon teachings, Jesus progressed by his continued defiance of subjecting himself to the faults of the flesh. Neither humans nor Lucifer himself could persuade Jesus to make any wrong choice. Jesus said he was here to do the will of the father and when he had did those things and suffered himself to those things of mortality that he wouldn't have experienced as a spirit, God the Father called him home and blessed him and gave him all that was promised to him that he had made and created.
And that is the progression of God that Mormons teach concerning Jesus and his mortal estate.
I've proven you a liar. Given you quotes from the LDS leaders, what they say is Mormon Doctrine, not what you want to pretend.

Marysville, CA

#19930 Feb 8, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
This is where you prove you're so good with your whacko replys that had absolutely not a thing to do with your previous statement I asked you to give proof of.
You stated...
"It was clearly against the Ten Commandments for a man to marry a woman who was already married."
I asked you to show me where in the ten commandments God commanded a man not to marry a woman that was already married.
And you didn't show that commandment. Instead you get all windy and go off on some tangent that had nothing to do with your initial statement. And you have did this many many times. And I have called you on it when you have done it.
What did you do? what you just did. Instead of stating, "Okay, it's not a commandment" or something to that effect, you go off talkng about other topics.
Do you think being a total asshole helps make Mormonism right?
Exodus 20
14 “You shall not commit adultery.
17 “You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife

Now if you can't commit adultery, which is having sex with a person who is already married to someone else. And you shouldn't covet your neighbor's wife, you sure as F**k can't marry her you dumbass.
Got it now, or do you still want to playing the f**king idiot?

Marysville, CA

#19931 Feb 8, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no wishful thinking. I have opinions like you and other times I state the facts which at times you do too :)
You claim Smith was having sex with 30+ WIVES IN A THREE YEAR PERIOD AND YOU HAVE NO ACTUAL PROOF. But that means nothing to you. Instead of doing the right thing and waiting for actual evidence to appear from such attic or basement somewhere that shows beyond a doubt that Smith was having intercourse with even just half of these 30 wives in a 3 year period, instead of waiting for some more DNA evidence to come forth that shows Smith had a kid or kids by one or more of these wives, instead of doing the right thing and remaining non-judgemental, you remain stating what so far is a lie. It's a lie because there is no evidence to show or prove Smith was having relations with anyone but Emma.
See, what I can't understand about you is you don't have to think or believe he wasn't having any relations with any one but Emma. I don't even think that Emma was the only wife he had relations with. But what I thinks means nothing when I have no proof or even circumstantial evidence to support that thought. And I know better than to support the rumours of rumours. It makes me a rumonger in a negative fashion.
What I do understand from what I have read, is there is a difference between how Smith viewed polygamy and how his elders viewed it. Have you ever considered how the other elders partaking in polygamy while Smith was alive, were having a few to several children by their different wives and yet Smith had 30 wives in three years and no kids. Elders are having kids by their wives and Smith continues to have kids by one wife of more than 30.
There is evidence(not proof/facts)that Smith was marrying his wives for a different reason then his elders were marrying their extra wives. You'll understand that if you read the information.
The elders were marrying a few to several wives while Smith was alive and were having relations for the purpose of having kids.
Smith was marrying as many wives as he could possibly marry in a three year period. And no kids that we know of. Yet he continued having relations with Emma their entire marriage and had kids.
And you won't question those oddities. Why is that?
And you have no proof Jesus was never married. That is what you have been brain washed to believe and that brain washing theory began with the early church of Rome bishops, that spent a lot of time trying to prove Jesus wasn't married and why do that? Was someone challenging them that he was? Why did so many bishops spend so much time making writings about the singleness of Jesus if he had been single and no one was contesting that he wasn't single?.
You can be as retarded as you wish, I refuse to join you to support a lying, thieving, pervert, pig, and sicko. Maybe you need the company.
concerned in Eygpt

Aberdeen, UK

#19933 Feb 8, 2013
The following are verifiable and demonstrate J.S. was a polygamist and pedophile

WWW.FAMILYSEARCH.ORG (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Salt Lake City)

MORMON POLYGAMY: A HISTORY (Van Wagoner, Signature Books, Salt Lake City, 1989)*

MORMON ENIGMA: EMMA HALE SMITH (Newell & Avery, University of Illinois Press, Urbana and Chicago, 1994)*

IN SACRED LONELINESS: THE PLURAL WIVES OF JOSEPH SMITH (Compton, Signature Books, Salt Lake City, 1997)*

DOCTRINE AND COVENANTS (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Salt Lake City)

THE WIVES OF JOSEPH SMITH
Wife Date Age Husband*
Emma Hale Jan 1827 22
Fanny Alger 1833 16
Lucinda Morgan Harris 1838 37 George W. Harris
Louisa Beaman Apr 1841 26
Zina Huntington Jacobs Oct 1841 20 Henry Jacobs
Presendia Huntington Buell Dec 1841 31 Norman Buell
Agnes Coolbrith Jan 1842 33
Sylvia Sessions Lyon Feb 1842 23 Windsor Lyon
Mary Rollins Lightner Feb 1842 23 Adam Lightner
Patty Bartlett Sessions Mar 1842 47 David Sessions
Marinda Johnson Hyde Apr 1842 27 Orson Hyde
Elizabeth Davis Durfee Jun 1842 50 Jabez Durfee
Sarah Kingsley Cleveland Jun 1842 53 John Cleveland
Delcena Johnson Jul 1842 37
Eliza R. Snow Jun 1842 38
Sarah Ann Whitney Jul 1842 17
Martha McBride Aug 1842 37
Ruth Vose Sayers Feb 1843 33 Edward Sayers
Flora Ann Woodworth 1843 16
Emily Dow Partridge Mar 1843 19
Eliza Maria Partridge Mar 1843 22
Almera Johnson Apr 1843 30
Lucy Walker May 1843 17
Sarah Lawrence May 1843 17
Maria Lawrence May 1843 19
Helen Mar Kimball May 1843 14
Hanna Ells 1843 29
Elvira Cowles Holmes Jun 1843 29 Jonathan Holmes
Rhoda Richards Jun 1843 58
Desdemona Fullmer Jul 1843 32
Olive Frost 1843 27
Melissa Lott Sep 1843 19
Nancy M. Winchester 1843 14
Fanny Young Nov 1843 56

Truth Matters

Mormons are not Christians the Bible tells us so.
concerned in Eygpt

Aberdeen, UK

#19934 Feb 8, 2013
For more verifible evidence of J.S. wives some who were still legally married to other men (making J.S. and adultry to boot) goto.

http://www.wivesofjosephsmith.org/PDFBooklet/...

http://www.wivesofjosephsmith.org/

2. What do Latter-day Saint churches believe and teach about polygamy today?

3. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints praises the "balanced analysis" in the book: "In Sacred Loneliness: The Plural Wives of Joseph Smith".

4. Did Joseph Smith have children by his plural wives? DNA research may be providing answers.

5. Why Did Joseph Smith Practice Polygamy? Apostle John A. Widtsoe discusses some common misconceptions.

6. Who created this website, and why? Excerpts from readers emails and responses.

7. Was it common in the 1800's for teenage girls to marry? U.S. Census Data and social research explain marriage patterns of the last 200 years

No closest needed No Surprise.

So boo Surprise
Truth Matters

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#19935 Feb 8, 2013
concerned in Eygpt wrote:
The following are verifiable and demonstrate J.S. was a polygamist and pedophile
WWW.FAMILYSEARCH.ORG (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Salt Lake City)
MORMON POLYGAMY: A HISTORY (Van Wagoner, Signature Books, Salt Lake City, 1989)*
MORMON ENIGMA: EMMA HALE SMITH (Newell & Avery, University of Illinois Press, Urbana and Chicago, 1994)*
IN SACRED LONELINESS: THE PLURAL WIVES OF JOSEPH SMITH (Compton, Signature Books, Salt Lake City, 1997)*
DOCTRINE AND COVENANTS (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Salt Lake City)
Wife Date Age Husband*
Emma Hale Jan 1827 22
Fanny Alger 1833 16
Lucy Walker May 1843 17
Hanna Ells 1843 29
Olive Frost 1843 27
Melissa Lott Sep 1843 19
Fanny Young Nov 1843 56
Truth Matters
- At certain times, wickedness rises and 'polygamy' has to be taken away, because the men become ungovernable. Instead of working peaceable together the strong using their strength to aide the weak, the strong create an under class of servants while they -the men- having all their earthly needs cared for by others are free to pursue political ambition manipulating for ownership of right to govern; eschewing work to pursue quarreling.

-Moses, Abraham, David are examples of Prophets spoken of in the Bible that had more than one wife.

-The people who came to American that are spoken of in the Book of Mormon were not allowed to have more than one wife.

-All the Prophets since Wilford Woodruff have not had more than one wife.

-Joseph Smith was commanded by God during his dispensation to participate in taking more than one wife. Men had to be the utmost responsible worthy men-that did not reek of perversions.

-Some wives were married during this time because they were abandoned, abused, and had nobody to care for them and their children.

What you are forgetting is these women needed men to provide for them... build their houses, provide food. Can you imagine being a woman who lost her husband on the trial getting to Utah with no home, money, nothing.

You people are perverts for coming in here trying to chastise the entire Gospel for what is in YOUR heads... not what was in theirs. I can not imagine a more vile man/woman coming in here saying such things.

You are a SICKO!

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#19936 Feb 8, 2013
Genesis 8:21

21 And the Lord smelled a sweet savour; and the Lord said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man’s sake; for the imagination of man’s heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.
concerned in Eygpt

Aberdeen, UK

#19938 Feb 8, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
- At certain times, wickedness rises and 'polygamy' has to be taken away, because the men become ungovernable. Instead of working peaceable together the strong using their strength to aide the weak, the strong create an under class of servants while they -the men- having all their earthly needs cared for by others are free to pursue political ambition manipulating for ownership of right to govern; eschewing work to pursue quarreling.
-Moses, Abraham, David are examples of Prophets spoken of in the Bible that had more than one wife.
-The people who came to American that are spoken of in the Book of Mormon were not allowed to have more than one wife.
-All the Prophets since Wilford Woodruff have not had more than one wife.
-Joseph Smith was commanded by God during his dispensation to participate in taking more than one wife. Men had to be the utmost responsible worthy men-that did not reek of perversions.
-Some wives were married during this time because they were abandoned, abused, and had nobody to care for them and their children.
What you are forgetting is these women needed men to provide for them... build their houses, provide food. Can you imagine being a woman who lost her husband on the trial getting to Utah with no home, money, nothing.
You people are perverts for coming in here trying to chastise the entire Gospel for what is in YOUR heads... not what was in theirs. I can not imagine a more vile man/woman coming in here saying such things.
You are a SICKO!
Not one verifiable statement in your post.

You did not because you can not refute the evidence at the links provided that are verifiable.

You did not even take the time to read them I am whole heartily assured of.

Joseph Smith married Women who were still legally married to men and living with them.

He had Sex with 14 year old girls when he was in his Thirties.

HE Hide all of this from his Rightful first wife Emma and if God had told him to be an Adulterer and a Pedophile why was he so ashamed to tell his first Wife Emma?

Why did he meet his other wives under the cover of night?

Because Joseph Smith was the Sicko.

I suggest you go to the sites provided with the facts on the wives which shows you where you can verify the assertions and follow the evidence before you put your foot in your mouth again and make yourself look even less informed than you have already done.

With Regards to the old Testament and Polygamy the OT is quite Clear it was not God's will nor does he command anyone in the OT to have more than one wife in Fact the Word of God clearly states that it was King David's Polygamy that lead to his demise. The OT clearly reveals that Polygamy is not God's will but you would once again have to have done some OT research to know that Truth.

Joseph Smith claimed to be prophet but you don't see Prophets of God in the OT ever ever endorsing Polygamy only denouncing it.

BTW Mitt Rommeny's Dad is a Polygamist he has married more than one women in a LDS Temple Ceremony and fully expects them to be alongside him in the afterlife helping him be a God of his own world and filling it with spirit babies.

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#19939 Feb 8, 2013
MORMON ENIGMA: EMMA HALE SMITH (Newell & Avery, University of Illinois Press, Urbana Andre Chicago, 1994)*
Wife Date Age Husband*
Emma Hale Jan 1827 22
Fanny Alger 1833 16
Lucy Walker May 1843 17
Hanna Ells 1843 29
Olive Frost 1843 27
Melissa Lott Sep 1843 19
Fanny Young Nov 1843 56
Truth Matters
Show me a verse that says "Mormons are not christians". You can't. I believe christ died for my sins. That alone makes my beliefs christian.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#19940 Feb 9, 2013
<quoted text>
...blah, blah, blah...
I'm very interested in where you got your facts from... because you didn't read any of the History from first hand experience...

1. Did you talk to Emma and get your facts right?

2. When did you see him having sex with anyone, including married women and 14 year old's?

3. I know if I married a second husband, my husband would have some knowledge of it... especially if he came around at night with him home... did you talk to these husband's?

or, were these the husband's who abandoned or abused the women& children, causing them to have to run from for safety?

You don't understand the concept of seeking the answers from first hand sources... You don't understand what the Book of Mormon is about... and You don't understand what you are talking about.

It has been discussed in this forum how rapes, murders, prostitution, theft, all kinds of crimes have increased in modern times (that means now).

Why don't you do yourself a favor and go read the entire Book of Mormon and find out what the heart of the Church is about. Joseph Smith was a tool that Heavenly Father thought was worthy to translate the Book of Mormon.

We are Christians. The Church's name - The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints - should give you a clue regarding your delusions of who the Church belongs to.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Christian

Definition of a Christian

adj.
1. Professing belief in Jesus as Christ or following the religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus.
2. Relating to or derived from Jesus or Jesus's teachings.
3. Manifesting the qualities or spirit of Jesus; Christlike.
4. Relating to or characteristic of Christianity or its adherents.
5. Showing a loving concern for others; humane.

n.
1. One who professes belief in Jesus as Christ or follows the religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus.
2. One who lives according to the teachings of Jesus.

Your arguments are so dull... you don't know what you are talking about... copy and pasting isn't a form of intelligence. Seeking correct answers from the appropriate sources is, followed by speaking the truth.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#19942 Feb 9, 2013
BTW:

The Bible testifies of of The Book of Mormon,

John 10:15-16

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Isaiah 29:11-14

11 And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed:

12 And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned.

13 Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:

14 Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid.

Marysville, CA

#19944 Feb 9, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
BTW:
The Bible testifies of of The Book of Mormon,
John 10:15-16
15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
The "other" sheep were the gentiles.
Isaiah 29:11-14
11 And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed:
12 And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned.
13 Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:
14 Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid.
An example of what happens when cults try to make square pegs fit in round holes:

Bible verses must be interpreted in their God given contexts to correctly understand them. The KJV of Isaiah 29:1-10 is clearly about the impending destruction of Jerusalem and the unstableness of her enemies. It did not change in Isaiah 29:11-12 which says:“And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed.” The subject is “the VISION of ALL”(all that was revealed in Isaiah 29:1-10) became to YOU (Jerusalem) like a book that is sealed.”

The original Hebrew word for “book” literally means a “letter” or “writing,” not a book like in a library. Isaiah told Jerusalem that his message to them was like a sealed letter which wasn’t understood because of their spiritual blindness. In the vision, the writing was given to a learned (educated) man who was told to read it. He replied “I can’t, because it’s sealed.” The writing was then given to a man who was not learned (uneducated) who was also told to read it. He replied, I can’t read it because I’m not educated. So, neither man read or understood the writing which was the vision that Isaiah revealed to Jerusalem.

Because they were spiritually blind, the Lord said in Isaiah 29:13,“This people (the Jews) draw near to me with their lips but their hearts are far from me” which is why they didn’t understand Isaiah’s message. Verse 14 then says,“Behold, I will do a marvelous work and a wonder among this people (Jerusalem)…The wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding (intelligence) of their prudent (intelligent) men shall be hid”(or vanish).

That, and the destruction mentioned in Isaiah 29:3-4, is the “marvelous (or amazing) work and wonder”(or astonishment,) not the coming forth of the Book of Mormon as LDS claim! The Lord did not foretell the coming forth of the Book of Mormon in the midst of revealing to Jerusalem their impending destruction!

https://www.jashow.org/wiki/index.php...

God isn't going to start talking about a boy in New York thousands of years later in the middle of a revelation about the destruction of Jerusalem. Wishful thinking does not give you truth.

Marysville, CA

#19945 Feb 9, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm very interested in where you got your facts from... because you didn't read any of the History from first hand experience...
Emma tore up the first copy of D&C 132. She saw through the BS. It was Joseph Smith trying to justify his sexual perversions in the name of the Lord.

On the morning of the 12th of July, 1843; Joseph and Hyrum Smith came into the office.... They were talking on the subject of plural marriage. Hyrum said to Joseph, "If you will write the revelation on celestial marriage, I will take it and read it to Emma, and I believe I can convince her of its truth, and you will hereafter have peace." Joseph smiled and remarked, "You do not know Emma as well as I do." ... Joseph then said, "Well, I will write the revelation and we shall see." ... Hyrum then took the revelation to read to Emma. Joseph remained with me in the office until Hyrum returned. When he came back, Joseph asked how he had succeeded. Hyrum replied that he had never received a more severe talking to in his life....

Joseph quietly remarked, "I told you you did not know Emma as well as I did." Joseph then put the revelation in his pocket.... Two or three days after the revelation was written Joseph related to me and several others that Emma had so teased, and urgently entreated him for the privilege of destroying it, that he became so weary of her teasing, and to get rid of her annoyance, he told her she might destroy it and she had done so, but he had consented to her wish in this matter to pacify her, realizing that he ... could rewrite it at any time if necessary (History of the Church, by Joseph Smith, Introduction to vol. 5).
2. When did you see him having sex with anyone, including married women and 14 year old's?
So you're another Mormon child who wants to believe that people get married not have sex?
3. I know if I married a second husband, my husband would have some knowledge of it... especially if he came around at night with him home... did you talk to these husband's?
The husbands were sent away at the time on missions for the church. That is how Smith worked it. He wanted a man's wife, he sent them on a mission.
or, were these the husband's who abandoned or abused the women& children, causing them to have to run from for safety?
There is no evidence whatsoever of that. He screwed for awhile and then moved on to his next victim, in the name of the Lord, of course.
concerned in Eygpt

Aberdeen, UK

#19947 Feb 9, 2013
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> Show me a verse that says "Mormons are not christians". You can't. I believe christ died for my sins. That alone makes my beliefs christian.
2Co 11:4 For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough.

You see the LDS preach a different Jesus then Apostle Paul.

LDS preach Jesus is a created being he is the spirit brother of Lucifer and that he is not the creator of the Universe.

You see you preach a different Jesus and thus are not Christian.

You are no more Christian than JW's or Hindu's or Muslems who all believe in A Jesus just not the one of the Bible

So there is your verse I can post more if you like.

BTW You should be ashamed as the Bible does not have a Verse that says Satan worshipers are not Christians either but we all know they are not because the Bible defines what is a Christian not what is not.

Truth Matters and you are missing it big time.
concerned in Eygpt

Aberdeen, UK

#19948 Feb 9, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't understand the concept of seeking the answers from first hand sources... You don't understand what the Book of Mormon is about... and You don't understand what you are talking about.
It has been discussed in this forum how rapes, murders, prostitution, theft, all kinds of crimes have increased in modern times (that means now).
Why don't you do yourself a favor and go read the entire Book of Mormon and find out what the heart of the Church is about. Joseph Smith was a tool that Heavenly Father thought was worthy to translate the Book of Mormon.
We are Christians. The Church's name - The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints - should give you a clue regarding your delusions of who the Church belongs to.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Christian
Definition of a Christian
adj.
1. Professing belief in Jesus as Christ or following the religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus.
2. Relating to or derived from Jesus or Jesus's teachings.
3. Manifesting the qualities or spirit of Jesus; Christlike.
4. Relating to or characteristic of Christianity or its adherents.
5. Showing a loving concern for others; humane.
n.
1. One who professes belief in Jesus as Christ or follows the religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus.
2. One who lives according to the teachings of Jesus.
Your arguments are so dull... you don't know what you are talking about... copy and pasting isn't a form of intelligence. Seeking correct answers from the appropriate sources is, followed by speaking the truth.
Heh you should be even more ashamed

Check the links out again they are LDS links many of them of First hand accounts from first hand witnesses you are hilarious you did not even check the post you just went on with your own Blah Blah LOL ROFL.

I have read the BOM many times I have numerous copies and as I have posted here before I have some very only ones care to guess how old?

Your five points of what a Christian is are interesting, I let the Word of God define what a Christian is you know the Bible and I let the Apostles and the beliefs of the Apostles define what a Christian is but even then the LDS sect fails all five points you post let alone come close to Biblical Christianity.

Hindu's profess a belief in Jesus as do Muslims does that make them Christian, you might what to go get an education before you post. I say that in a loving way you clearly have not got a clue to that which you pretend to know about.

Truth Matters LDS are not Christian the Bible tells us so

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Magna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay marriage cases await early Supreme Court de... 36 min dirtclod 643
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 1 hr tongangodz 15,470
Police in Utah can send untested rape kits to s... 9 hr Utah 1
Does air quality suffer as Utah moves more oil ... 9 hr Utah 1
Jason Derek Brown Tue Victor Manuel Gerena 1
Home-schooling parents relieved over passage of... (Mar '14) Tue Brenda Stiles 2
Why LDS wives dislike sex (Apr '10) Mon HornyLDSwife 13
Magna Dating
Find my Match

Magna Jobs

Magna People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Magna News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Magna

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]