Mendenhall chief charged with having sex with teen

Full story: The Clarion-Ledger

Mendenhall Police Chief James Sullivan has been arrested and charged with four counts of sexual battery for allegedly having sex with a minor.
Comments
81 - 100 of 104 Comments Last updated Mar 9, 2013
mize

Brandon, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91
Apr 8, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

REBEL wrote:
STUPID REDNECKS
BRUCE BARLOW WAS FIRED FROM HINDS COUNTY FOR MIS USE OF AUTHORITY BY USING HIS POWER AS A DEPUTY TO REPOSESS CARS,TODD BOOTH IS A THEIF AND INSURANCE FRAUD,RITA MCNAIR IS A SELF PROCLAIMED DRUG ADDICT AND REX ALLEN WAS FIRED FOR MIS USE OF FORCE AND IS PENDING TRIAL FOR ASSUALT.THESE ARE ALL MENDENHALL POLICE OFFICERS HIRED BY THE SAME PEOPLE ATTEMPTING SAVE THE CITY HA HA HA HA HA. THE CITY BOARD OF MENDENHALL HAS RUN IT INTO THE GROUND TURNING IT INTO A GHOST TOWN. MENDENHALLS MUNICIPALITY STATUS SHOULD BE REMOVED AND CLASSIFY IT ALONG THE SAME LINES AS DLO OR PINOLA.
you are so right
mize

Brandon, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92
Apr 8, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

i believe if they would have did their job when Mr. sullivan assaulted those men, he wouldn't had the chance to sleep with a 14 yr old. Therefore, they should have to share the blame also because they let him stay on the force, and if they would have removed him then, they wouldn't had to go through all of this now, trying to have him removed from office.
SIMPTOWN COUNTY

Pearl, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#93
Apr 9, 2008
 
Ryan Millis wrote:
I had sex with Jimbo three times myself. He dumped me for her. I even wore my mom's makeup and hose.
I guess he's not interested in boys anymore.
Well, dang.
THIS IS THE FUNNIEST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD!! HA HA HA!!!
MENDENHALL

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#94
Apr 23, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

SIMPTOWN COUNTY wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, BEFORE YOU SLAM THIS FAMILY, JUST KNOW THAT MR. TODD BOOTH, IS A VERY GOOD MAN...AND I LIKE THE SHIT OUT OF HIM, I VOTED FOR HIM WHEN HE WAS ALDERMAN, AND I VOTED FOR HIM WHEN HE RAN FOR MAYOR...HE HAS BEEN A POLICE OFFICER IN OUR TOWN, AND I LIKE THE SHIT, OUTTA TOOD, GOOD DUDE...SO, DONT BRING THE VICTIMS INTO THIS, AND SLAM ON TODD, OR SLAM ON SHELLEY, SHE MIGHT HAVE HAD SEX WITH HIM, BUT SHE IS A CHILD, 14 (NOW 15) SO, I WANT YOU TO ASK YOURSELF THIS, SAY YOU HAD A 14 YR OLD DAUGHTER, AND SHE HAD SEX WITH A FREAKIN' POLICE CHIEF..(AND YOU KNOW DAMN WELL HE HAD SEX WITH HER)HOW WOULD YOU FEEL ABOUT IT? THERE MAY NOT BE ANY PHYSICAL EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER, BUT AFTER HE GOT ON THE STAND AND LIED BY SAYING THAT HE WAS INVESTAGATING ANOTHER OFFICER, AND THEN SAID THAT...COME ON!! THATS IT RIGHT THERE, THERE MIGHT NOT BE ANY PHYSICAL EVIDENCE, BUT, IT DOES SHOW THAT HE HAD SEX WITH HER, HE SHOULD BE GOING TO JAIL FOR 120 YEARS,(oh yeah)...AND TO SAY THAT JIMBO IS A SAINT? PLEASE GOD AND SATAN ARE GONNA BE FIGHTING FOR A WHILE, OVER JIMBO, AND WHO IS GONNA TAKE HIM, YOU KNOW GOD AINT GONE TAKE HIM...EVEN SATAN HATES CHILD MOLESTERS!! AND JIMBO, MY FRIEND, IS A CHILD MOLESTER!!
I AGREE WITH THE JIMBO PART. BUT TODD GOT HIS STEPDAUGHTER KNOCK UP. hE IS NO BETTER THAN JIMBO
tlk

La Place, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#95
May 30, 2008
 
A Mendenhall resident wrote:
Rebel and Hammer,
How long has it been since you have been to Mendenhall and how long were you there? Rebel, the last time I checked I was not in-bred nor an alcoholic or drug head so maybe you should do a little investigating before you say something.
And as far as this whole thing goes, yeah I think he slept with a child and he should be punished but I also think its time for the parents to stand up to those children and punish them because this is not the first adult male they have slept with nor the first marriage they have torn apart with their childish ways. Yes they may be 14 but I assure you they know exaclty what they are doing and they are so careless, maybe their parents should be teaching their children morals and values instead of working 14 hours a day at that business that you seem to think is so great.
Mendenhall resident, it seems to me that you are blaming this child for Jimbo's behavior. Yes, I am sure she knew what she was doing, but Jimbo is the adult here, no matter what he should have kept it in his pants. He has a wife, why did he have to sleep wuth this girl.
test

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#96
Jun 16, 2008
 
test
someone

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#97
Jun 23, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

all i am going to say is REBEL u dont even kno the father so go shove it... he is a good man and has had publicity thrown at him all his adult life because he has always been a success and folks are jealous...and secondly he stood up for his baby girl and shouldnt be slandered for that..
I hate pervs

France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#98
Jun 26, 2008
 
Jimbo Sullivan is pervert. I hope for your community you convict him and put him in prison.
mr t

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#99
Aug 3, 2008
 
rummors are the little so called girl has a thing for older men, the associates of her in school say there some other factors that set this whole thing up, and politics are a big play in this ordeal. i dont know if its true or not, bur her piers should know her better than even her parents. young girls some times use these ordeals for attention when things some times arn't just so at home.
True Mendenhall Resident

Columbus, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#100
Sep 24, 2008
 
I do not appreciate what everyone was saying about the town I reside in, nor the people who also live here. I personally think that if you are not a member of the mendenhall community or Mississippi community for that matter, then you should have no right to talk about us. However, if you are a member of Mendenhall Mississippi, and you are still making comments about wher you live or where you were raised, then you can leave.
True Mendenhall Resident

Columbus, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#101
Sep 24, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

This is for the poor white trash from mize. I would like to show you some statistics and get your opinion on them. There is 82 counties in the state of MS and only of them does not have a red light-Smith. MS is the highest state for teen pregnancy, and the highest county is-Smith. MS is also the highest for highschool dropouts as well as no college background, the highest county however is -Smith. I am trying to show you that you call us dumb rednecks, when infact you live in a town that everyone refers to as the asswhole of America.
the law says

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#102
Oct 6, 2008
 
There is a difference between morally wrong and legally wrong. Like it or not he has had two hung jury's. We in this country claim to want to live by the Rule of Law, but only when it applies to someone else. I know all of the players in this saga. I personally believe he did it. But I am neither judge nor jury. But i also believe there is a power play for the Chief position, and that has a lot to do with this also. Either way he is guilty in the court of public opinion, and that is much harsher than a court of your peers. If you are convicted by a court you pay your debt to society, public opinion destroyes you forever.
knows first hand

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#103
Oct 13, 2008
 
todd booth and bruce barlow are nothing more than good well respected men in this town .. todd booth is not a theif and has worked hard for everything he has and has acheived..bruce is a well acheived man and is a good god loving person, he spends his life everyday helping others... so "rebel" talk what u know because obviously you dont know bruce and todd like i do!!!!!!!!!!
knows first hand

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#104
Oct 13, 2008
 
"MENDENHALL" for one todd booth did not knock up his stepdaughter he babies father is James Barnes so before you even say crapt like that u need to get your facts straight go ask his step daughter urself mr.big shot.. ok and secondly do not insult todd like that by saying he is no better than jimbo ..jimbo is nothing but a worthless low life peice of crapt who gets out of everythin he does because his dad has a little money!!!!!!!!!
knows first hand

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#105
Oct 13, 2008
 
you people are so judgemental u dont even kno shelly .. i know her very very very well and she had NOT had sex with any older man than jimbo and had not broken up any marriages and you idiots need to talk what yall kno.. shelly is a good person and let an older man conveince her into somethin she wouldnt of normally done... he used his authority to take advantage of shelly... bump u haters im out!!!!!!!!
lived there

Pearl, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#106
Oct 14, 2008
 
knows first hand wrote:
you people are so judgemental u dont even kno shelly .. i know her very very very well and she had NOT had sex with any older man than jimbo and had not broken up any marriages and you idiots need to talk what yall kno.. shelly is a good person and let an older man conveince her into somethin she wouldnt of normally done... he used his authority to take advantage of shelly... bump u haters im out!!!!!!!!
YOUR STUPID
lived there

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#107
Oct 14, 2008
 
lived there , you half wit. It's YOU'RE there, fat boy. Not, your. Dumb inbreeder.
Former resident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#108
Oct 14, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I'm personally disgusted with the plea deal. The SOB won't have to be registered as a sex offender. Which is EXACTLY what he's been since puberty. Additionally, he does not have to report until Feb 1, 09. What kind of insanity is that? A $2000.00 fine? Give me a break! That's not even court cost!

My only hope is that the continued thoughts of what ,"Big Bubba" will do to him when he's made someone's wife in prison will assist him in making the only decent choice he's made in years....Cramming a big gun in his mouth and pulling the trigger.

Just sign me,
DISGUSTED!
chicken nuts

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#109
Feb 5, 2011
 
Brian Barlow wrote:
This is Bruce Barlows 17 year old son and i do not hate my dad or dislike him in any way i do not get to see him very much but when i do its always good times. i look up to my dad alot not only as a dad but as a role model. He is a great guy to be around and has raised me well. I have a yonger bother to and we both love and respect or dad very much. thanks and if anyone has any questions about that fill free to ask...
if he's such a good man and father, why is that jerk under investigation and no longer in the force????? Riddle me that butthole.
barlow is going down

Mendenhall, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#110
Mar 8, 2013
 
chicken nuts wrote:
<quoted text>
if he's such a good man and father, why is that jerk under investigation and no longer in the force????? Riddle me that butthole.
. That's right BRIAN YOUR DADDY ISN'T ANY BETTER HE ALSO IS A SORRY SACK OF $HIT TOO AND I HOPE HE GETS THE 105 YEARS THEY ARE TRYING TO GIVE HIM......THANKS FOR THE LAUGH & AMUSING ME WITH YOUR POST THOUGH IT WAS GREATLY APPRECIATED ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Magee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MS Mississippi judge jails attorney for not reciti... (Oct '10) Aug 11 Vote 1,985
Donald Allen Aug 3 Truthseeker 1
A nation of laws, not men Jul 29 Wes 1
Insane Vice Lord (Jun '07) Jul 25 brz 270
The halcyon days of the illegal aliens are over Jul 24 Wes 1
Russia is not our enemy Jul '14 Wes 1
Obama is the cause of the boder crisis Jul '14 Wes 1

Search the Magee Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Magee Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Magee People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Magee News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Magee
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••