Mendenhall chief charged with having ...

Mendenhall chief charged with having sex with teen

There are 104 comments on the The Clarion-Ledger story from Mar 29, 2007, titled Mendenhall chief charged with having sex with teen. In it, The Clarion-Ledger reports that:

Mendenhall Police Chief James Sullivan has been arrested and charged with four counts of sexual battery for allegedly having sex with a minor.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Clarion-Ledger.

GUILTY AS CHARGED

United States

#43 Sep 25, 2007
I watched both days to date. He's done for. He's going to prison for sure.
Learn to spell Truth

United States

#44 Sep 25, 2007
What a pack of lies. But being that you are a total inbreeder, I expect no less. I do agree with you about the Broadheads, Neely and McGuffee though. Which crack head cop? Rita? Rita shoots up and eats pills. She's not a crack head!
Hammer

Jackson, MS

#47 Sep 26, 2007
The verdict is in, a mistrial. They could not reach a decision either way. So if they could not prove him innocent then he must be guilty of something. I am not a Barlow fan. I don't know him but I watched him today. Full of arrogance. I think we are fine with who we have as Sheriff as of now. I do think Jimbo is guilty, if the jury would not have known him he would have been guilty. I don't think they wanted to face the county knowing they sent him up the river. Why would a 48 yr old man call and text her if he was not up to something. What political gain was Todd suppose to get from this anyway by getting rid of Jimbo? And what part does Barlow fit in getting rid of Jimbo. No one in their right mind was gonna elect Jimbo Sheriff. So, what's up?
hammer

Jackson, MS

#48 Sep 26, 2007
The count was 11 to 1 to convict on 3 counts and 5 to 7 to convict on the fourth. He escaped by the skin of his perverted 70's cop mustache. But a win is a win. 11 to 1. That's close.
hammer

Jackson, MS

#51 Sep 27, 2007
First of all Sullivan should not have put himself in the position to be accused of such an act. Remember this is a child he suppose to be an adult. This is what Simpson Co. has to protect us, he should not have had the first phone conversation with her. Each and everyone with children should wear their shoes, even Jimbo. Why would a child want to lie about something like that, she will have to carry this for the rest of her life. This trial should not have been held in Simpson Co.think about it all the jury was from here. STUPID STUPID
MHall Resident

Natchez, MS

#53 Sep 28, 2007
Big Balloon
Mount Laurel, NJ Reply
So who is the ex court clerk that is being brought up, WM?
So what is the story of Dr. Blackledge's arrest?

I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO KNOW.....
MHall Resident

Natchez, MS

#54 Sep 28, 2007
I agree with Hammer......a change of venue was needed for a fair trial.
Brian Barlow

Arlington, TN

#56 Oct 3, 2007
This is Bruce Barlows 17 year old son and i do not hate my dad or dislike him in any way i do not get to see him very much but when i do its always good times. i look up to my dad alot not only as a dad but as a role model. He is a great guy to be around and has raised me well. I have a yonger bother to and we both love and respect or dad very much. thanks and if anyone has any questions about that fill free to ask...
Our Lord God

AOL

#57 Oct 3, 2007
I know that Jimbo was in the wrong. If he in fact done this to that girl then I believe he should have to pay for it. I can tell you what needs to be done he needs to ask GOD to forgive him for his sins. He is old enough to be this girls father. He had no right to do that. He will have to live with that for the rest of his life. I think he needs a wake up call.
Bo L

Meridian, MS

#59 Oct 5, 2007
Hammer wrote:
<quoted text>The votes are in. Bo L has been with Jimbo too.
"That's not righttt!"
Bo L

Meridian, MS

#60 Oct 5, 2007
Is "Bruce Barlow" Jimbo Sullivan's alias or something??????
jjj

Brandon, MS

#61 Oct 14, 2007
this is really quite a joke here. i did once work at the big star and knew the entire sullivan family. it was never a doubt that jimbo was a "playa". but the plain and simple truth here is simple,,,the jury was only out for 3 hours!!! what gives!!! sounds to me like alot of people are scared to rock the boat. a change of venue should have been used.on the other hand,,,from what ive read on the trial transcripts,,the parents are trash also. sounds to me like jimbo,,and the parents should all be in parchman
Wildturkey

Azusa, CA

#62 Oct 17, 2007
GUILTY AS CHARGED wrote:
I watched both days to date. He's done for. He's going to prison for sure.
He dont need prison, why send him on vacation when they can just cut his N*ts out and let him go home and tend to the house. That would be better than our tax dollars of about 50,000$ a year taken care of him.
Simpson County Res

Pearl, MS

#63 Nov 8, 2007
I was there every day and heard everything that went on. Yes, Jimbo is guilty. No there was no video. I do believe that the trial should of been in another county. I went to school with Jimbo's daughter also and my best friend's husband worked for Todd several years. The problem wasn't finding him guilty but not having any doubts about any of the charges. I was one of the jurors and it wasn't easy. We all had to agree on everything. The one that had doubts was a school teacher/principle. I hate that we wasn't able to convict him. But I have heard his lawyer won't represent him any longer and that he has resigned as Police Chief due to an inncident with his patrole car and alcohol.
Dell Barry

Meridian, MS

#64 Nov 8, 2007
It is funny to me that all of this alledgedly had something to do with Barlow getting Sheriff. That was a joke. The election showed him the only thing people like about him is that stupid arrogant mustache. Can't wait til the next court date, so we can see Jimbo squirm. I hope I never get to see that shit eatin grin of his on tv again. Tighten up Jim Hood
MAGEE BOY

United States

#65 Mar 6, 2008
YES, JIMBO WAS IN THE WRONG, BUT I WENT TO SCHOOL WITH THE GIRL.. I WAS A SENIOR THEN, AND SHE WAS IN 7TH OR 8TH GRADE.. I KNOW OF A COUPLE OF 18 YEAR OLDS SHE WAS SLEEPING WITH BACK THEN. IT DIDNT SUPRISE ME WHEN IT WAS ON THE NEWS.. I THINK THEY BOTH DESERVED WITH WHAT THEY GOT.. YES, COMPLETELY EMBARRASSED THATS WHAT THEY BOTH DESERVED. IF SHE DIDNT WANT IT TO HAPPEN IT SEEMS TO ME IT WOULDNT HAVE HAPPENED ON THREE OCASSIONS.
Former Simpson Resident

Pinola, MS

#66 Mar 6, 2008
Magee Boy...the question at law is not if she gave consent, as the law states a 14 year can not give consent to an adult, but IF she had sexual relations with the fat boy.Apparently, she did. That's the end of the story. Jimbo Sullivan is a bad apple. He's a blight on decent law enforcement officers. If and when he's convicted, the city of Mendenhall,MS. will be far the better for it.
mize

Brookhaven, MS

#67 Mar 7, 2008
thought jimbo was already in trouble for beaten a man, not to long ago. whatever happen on that matter.however, i think he's going to jail for sleeping with a 14 yr old, even if he got off for beaten those two mens.
mize

Brookhaven, MS

#68 Mar 7, 2008
oh, do anyone think he should go to jail for the beaten of those two men also, or is that not a crime because all the comment that i have read so far has been about the girl, and not about violating people civil rights. I thought police officer job were to serve a protect and not neglect and mistreat people at the same time.
INTEL

Pinola, MS

#69 Mar 11, 2008
I DON'T BELIEVE HE'S GUILTY OF RAPE, H E L L THE LL SLUT KNEW WHAT SHE WANTED AND SHE GOT IT

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Magee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Quit being a keyboard warrior Sep 9 Tiredofit 1
Insane Vice Lord (Jun '07) Jul '17 Vrazy Lil Lord 322
Homewreckers of Smith County Jun '17 farmhand69 1
News Rheta Grimsley Johnson: Kat and Mahalia and Bli... Apr '17 new ideas 3
News Proposed amendment may force drivers out of the... (Mar '17) Mar '17 ThomasA 2
Lowe's coming to Simpson County (May '08) Feb '17 Chris McCurdy 9
News 4 suspended in Mendenhall school fight (Nov '07) Jan '17 Sandrag 3

Magee Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Magee Mortgages