Autopsy: Heat killed Mt. Olive footba...

Autopsy: Heat killed Mt. Olive football player

There are 4 comments on the The Clarion-Ledger story from Aug 11, 2007, titled Autopsy: Heat killed Mt. Olive football player. In it, The Clarion-Ledger reports that:

The heat killed Lonnie Magee. Autopsy results confirmed that the 17-year-old Mount Olive football player died of heat stroke, Covington County Coroner Chris DaQuila said this afternoon. via The Clarion-Ledger

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Clarion-Ledger.

ArrowSmith

Miami, FL

#1 Aug 23, 2007
Truly sad. The coach did not take the proper steps to hydration. Now the coach will be fired for incompetence. Its in the 100 for more than three weeks. You practice early and late. You cut practice short and you have players drink in front of you constantly. How dumb can a coach be.
tif tif

North Carrollton, MS

#2 Sep 4, 2007
he was a great student and a very great friend who will be miss by everyone at mt olive he is in a better place
MKN

Stockton, CA

#3 Sep 12, 2007
It is very sad. I went to school there. There's so much pressure put on these young men because it seems the only thng the coaches care about was having the #1 players and teams. They are ignorant.
LMN

Purvis, MS

#4 Sep 24, 2007
Im from a neighboring county, and this news was very disturbing. I will continue to pray for the players.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Magee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Insane Vice Lord (Jun '07) Tue Life 305
Anyone Know Dusty Bourn Jun 16 Sickoflies 9
Simpson chief deputy Apr '16 Joe 1
I don't need Facebook (Jan '12) Feb '16 keisha 2
Lowe's coming to Simpson County (May '08) Nov '15 Chris McCurdy 5
News Don't let your Ho Ho Ho turn into Oh Oh Oh (Nov '15) Nov '15 Lost quality 1
Magee needs its own fm radio station (Oct '09) Sep '15 Chris McCurdy 4

Magee Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Magee Mortgages