would like info on finkbine lumber co
george barnes

Madison, MS

#2 Jul 6, 2006
need any info on finkbine lumber co dlo ms year 1916 to 1930 thanks
Monique Guild

Bellevue, WA

#3 Jul 29, 2006
Hello my beloved grandfather was George Guild Sr. I know our family was involved with the lumber co. I would like to find out more.

Thank you!
Monique Guild
Buddy Klumb

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Sep 8, 2006
Monique Guild wrote:
Hello my beloved grandfather was George Guild Sr. I know our family was involved with the lumber co. I would like to find out more.
Thank you!
Monique Guild
Hello Monique. My Grandfather, Jacob Klumb and my Father Roy Klumb were employed by Finkbine until it closed in 1929. My father was sales manager.
e-mail at bklumb@klumblumber.com
Buddy Klumb

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Sep 8, 2006
george barnes wrote:
need any info on finkbine lumber co dlo ms year 1916 to 1930 thanks
George, my father and grandfather were employed by Finkbine from 1900 until it closed. Perhaps I could supply you with some info.
george barnes

D Lo, MS

#6 Oct 1, 2006
Buddy Klumb wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Monique. My Grandfather, Jacob Klumb and my Father Roy Klumb were employed by Finkbine until it closed in 1929. My father was sales manager.
e-mail at bklumb@klumblumber.com
I have some pictures of my father at the lumber co.He was employed there about 1920.The old smoke stack,old water tank,and the old mill pond still exist there in the little town of D'Lo Miss.At that time the pol.was 5,000 then but now only about 250 Pol.
george barnes

Madison, MS

#7 Oct 29, 2006
DO YOU HAVE INFO ON FINKBINE LUMBER CO DLO MPSS 1916 TO 1930 THANKS GEORGE BARNES 213 PREWITT CIRCLE RICHLAND< MISS 39218
kim carter

Hattiesburg, MS

#8 Jun 7, 2007
my great grandfather was enginener on a shay engine in d.lo before going to the gulf & ship island rail road.have a pic. but don't know engine no.he was robert carter
J Mc

United States

#9 Jun 15, 2007
Does anyone know if there are employee lists for Finkbine Lumber in D'Lo, MS??
Looking for info on one Allan Crawford who was in D'Lo, MS abt. 1927.
Kathleen Woods

Brighton, CO

#10 Jun 19, 2007
My Great Grandfather Frederick M Stapp was brother-in-law of William Finkbine of Finkbine Lumber Co. I grew up on Friendship Farm in Wiggins, MS. I have no records of the company. My great grandfather and his brothers managed the company store and mill.
Tim Craven

Marrero, LA

#11 Jun 22, 2007
Hi Monique, I've been trying to track down your dad. I have not heard from him in over 3 years. I gave up calling his cell phone. I hope he is well. Could you please e-mail me with any info. Thanks-- Tim
Tim9Lives@aol.com
Richard

Lexington, KY

#12 Mar 31, 2009
Monique: My Grandfather was John S Hinton, His father - Hayes Hinton- Was Superintendant at Finkbine in Wiggins. I have very little more information than that. Have you learned of any additional sources?
Monique Guild wrote:
Thank you!
Monique Guild
Brax Batson

United States

#13 Apr 17, 2009
I have full page reprint of a 1922 newspaper article touting the Finkbine Operation at Wiggins and W.E.Guild Sr. Would like to obtain maps showing Finkbine extensive logging railroad system
Richard

Lexington, KY

#14 May 2, 2009
Have you tried Tone Howe. He works for N&S and has extensinve research and som published articles on the Finkbine RR operation
Brax Batson

United States

#15 May 2, 2009
Richard wrote:
Have you tried Tone Howe. He works for N&S and has extensinve research and som published articles on the Finkbine RR operation
Thanks for the lead. Tony Howe illustrated and furnished maps for at least one of Gil Hoffman's well researched books -"Steam Whistles in the Piney Woods". Do you know how to get in touch with him?
Suzanne S Day Hartness

United States

#16 Jun 14, 2009
Brax Batson wrote:
I have full page reprint of a 1922 newspaper article touting the Finkbine Operation at Wiggins and W.E.Guild Sr. Would like to obtain maps showing Finkbine extensive logging railroad system
I would like to have a copy, if possible, of the article. I am doing research on the Smith/Stapp/Day/Batson families on Ancestry.com Thanks!
Suzanne S Day Hartness

United States

#17 Jun 14, 2009
Brax Batson wrote:
Just thought my e-mail address would help communication. suzhartn@yahoo.com
becky lane white

Gulfport, MS

#18 Jul 21, 2009
Monique Guild wrote:
Thank you!
Monique Guild
i knew your grandparents growing up in wiggins...also your father and aunts...your grandfather wrote the rec for sigma chi, ole miss, for my brother john

Since: Jul 09

Gulfport, MS

#19 Jul 21, 2009
Suzanne S Day Hartness wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to have a copy, if possible, of the article. I am doing research on the Smith/Stapp/Day/Batson families on Ancestry.com Thanks!
boyce holleman gave me a copy of "steam whistels in the piney wood" i have lost your email address/b
David Price

West Monroe, LA

#20 Aug 3, 2009
Tony Howe can be reached via the following email address:
DAVID H HOWE <howe6818@bellsouth.net>

Tony and I have a new website that should help. It is at msrailroads.com

There you will find posted information and photos from our huge collection of Mississippi railroad and logging research. I don't know if it is posted or not, but we have a pretty complete map of the timber holdings of Finkbine Lumber Company and their operations at both Wiggins and DLo. We are always looking for more info, maps and photos.

Hope this helps!

David Price
dsprice46@bellsouth.net

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Magee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Mississipp... (Oct '10) Apr 15 Abe Lincon 60
News Mother afraid to send son to school (Nov '07) Apr 10 Mhs sucks 9
Magee: Shooting victim found dead in car Mar 31 lakeira gardner 1
News Miami man found guilty of forcing a 17-year-old... (Feb '07) Mar '15 Noelle 25
Insane Vice Lord (Jun '07) Mar '15 MIKEP38614 278
Tina M Walton-Turner -- James R Turner Jan '15 over it 1
great place to live (Oct '14) Jan '15 bumblebee 3
More from around the web

Magee People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]