Magdalena on my mind
Bonnie Sanger

Louisville, CO

#1 Mar 11, 2012
My mother died last March 13. She and her mother spent some time in Magdalena when she was approximately 11 or 12, which would have made it around the early 30's. Her mother ran a cafe.

My mother loved Magdalena and often told me how happy she was when they lived there. One would think that coming from Brooklyn, NY that it would be quite a culture shock, but my mother loved living "out west".

Her name then was Betty Brothers. I don't know if there is anyone there who would remember her; she was 84 when she died.

Nonetheless, I feel compelled to make a trip to your fair village in my mother's honor. I want experience what she loved about Magdalena. I already know that it is beautiful there from the website. I look forward to discovering a part of my mother that my siblings and I never knew and hope to find the easy serenity in the town that she loved so much.

Here's to you, Magdalena! I'll see you soon!
Dance pancha

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Mar 12, 2012
I am sure Magdalena will welcome you with open arms.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Magdalena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NM official clears way for hearing on watera Aug 24 The truth 1
News Former deputy receives probation (Jul '08) Aug 23 Cassie 26
News Alamo cold case to be featured on TNT show (Jul '14) Aug 23 jim logan 21
News Catron County man creates Old West era town by ... Jul '16 celee 1
News Child molester sentenced 33 years later (Dec '11) Jul '16 Justice 3
News Solar Panel Again Stolen From New Mexico Boy's ... Jun '16 Dave Locklar 5
News Treelan J. Larronde (Jan '08) Jun '16 sav 19

Magdalena Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance