Parents search for two teens

Parents search for two teens

There are 39 comments on the The Paradise Post story from Mar 23, 2010, titled Parents search for two teens. In it, The Paradise Post reports that:

Two teenage girls have run away from home. Sylvia Broughton, 16, and her best friend Rachel Robinson, 15, were reportedly dropped off for church in Magalia last Wednesday night and haven't returned home since, nor have they shown up for school at Magalia Pines Christian Academy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Paradise Post.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
I will help

United States

#21 Mar 27, 2010
A Concerned Friend wrote:
<quoted text>It's in todays paper-saturday!
Where's the online article with the girl's pictures?
disgusted by excuses

Chico, CA

#22 Mar 29, 2010
what I see alot of in these comments is the sympathy for these children...w.t.f.? They should be taken to juvenile hall, call is mischievious conduct or at least make them work in community service for the time, money and effort put into searching for these brats AGAIN. for what these kids do to their poor parents and then "bonus" to get found and do it all over again? It's the disrespect and lack of discipline that cripples these parents so afraid to spank a child for the re-precaution of an accusation of child abuse that the school system instills into our children. It's a bogus and backwards system when 2 children continue to do this and society is making excuses for them. They continue to do this because they CAN people and they have NO respect for anyone but themselves. Their not proving a point or sending a message it's more like a snotty teenagers attitude of " ha, You can't do anything to me?"
I will help

Weed, CA

#23 Mar 29, 2010
disgusted by excuses wrote:
what I see alot of in these comments is the sympathy for these children...w.t.f.? They should be taken to juvenile hall, call is mischievious conduct or at least make them work in community service for the time, money and effort put into searching for these brats AGAIN. for what these kids do to their poor parents and then "bonus" to get found and do it all over again? It's the disrespect and lack of discipline that cripples these parents so afraid to spank a child for the re-precaution of an accusation of child abuse that the school system instills into our children. It's a bogus and backwards system when 2 children continue to do this and society is making excuses for them. They continue to do this because they CAN people and they have NO respect for anyone but themselves. Their not proving a point or sending a message it's more like a snotty teenagers attitude of " ha, You can't do anything to me?"
Right on! If these girls were told the next time they run away, they will be hauled off to juvenile hall to appear before a judge to answer for their disrespectful, outrageous conduct, perhaps they would show a little respect for not only their parent(s) but law enforcement and the community who has better things to do than worry about two girls who have no regard for their parents.

If these children are not attending school, their parent(s) can be arrested for not making their child go to school.

Whomever said children can't get arrested for running away is sadly mistaken. It is up to the officer who comes in contact with the child after they have been reported as a runaway as to what he does with the child.

Since these girls have absolutely no regard or respect for the authority their parent(s) legally have over them, they need to be taught some respect the hard way.

Also, if they are running to someone age 18 or older, and that person does not report their whereabouts to authorities but allows them to stay with them, they should be charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor or harboring a runaway who has been reported missing.

Surely there is a law that can be used to charge these girls with something!
oh really

Oroville, CA

#24 Mar 30, 2010
I will help wrote:
<quoted text>
Right on! If these girls were told the next time they run away, they will be hauled off to juvenile hall to appear before a judge to answer for their disrespectful, outrageous conduct, perhaps they would show a little respect for not only their parent(s) but law enforcement and the community who has better things to do than worry about two girls who have no regard for their parents.
If these children are not attending school, their parent(s) can be arrested for not making their child go to school.
Whomever said children can't get arrested for running away is sadly mistaken. It is up to the officer who comes in contact with the child after they have been reported as a runaway as to what he does with the child.
Since these girls have absolutely no regard or respect for the authority their parent(s) legally have over them, they need to be taught some respect the hard way.
Also, if they are running to someone age 18 or older, and that person does not report their whereabouts to authorities but allows them to stay with them, they should be charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor or harboring a runaway who has been reported missing.
Surely there is a law that can be used to charge these girls with something!
Hey I got an idea numb nuts....why don't you beat them with a tube till they submit...idiot!!

I have never seen anyone dumber than you and your cronies on these boards....

I hope these poor girls find a decent home...it is clear they sure don't have one.
What say oh really

United States

#25 Mar 30, 2010
Can you come up with the facts that "these poor girls" don't have a decent home? Do you know them or their parents personally? I have not read anything that would lead me to believe this.
I will help

Weed, CA

#26 Mar 30, 2010
What say oh really wrote:
Can you come up with the facts that "these poor girls" don't have a decent home? Do you know them or their parents personally? I have not read anything that would lead me to believe this.
Exactly! If these girls think they can just run away from home whenever they feel like it, they are most likely going to end up getting into some serious trouble by hanging around the wrong people.

They need the crap scared out of them so they straighten up. A trip to juvenile hall might change their attitudes. If not, I don't predict them having a very good future.

Kids who don't respect authority figures will have trouble in life.
friend of the family

Chico, CA

#27 Apr 3, 2010
Milton wrote:
Why do both of these girls have facial scars? Did the police ask the parents about that?
sylvia was hit by a car not beaten check your facts dude.. even though people come from certain whatever it doesn't make them bad or their family.sometimes people are just troubled.
Family by choice

Vina, CA

#28 Apr 4, 2010
oh really wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey I got an idea numb nuts....why don't you beat them with a tube till they submit...idiot!!
I have never seen anyone dumber than you and your cronies on these boards....
I hope these poor girls find a decent home...it is clear they sure don't have one.
I have known these girls for many years and in that time we have become family by choice. Not only do these girls have decent homes but they have very devoted and loving parents who are trying to keep them safe from the situation they're creating for themselves. Sylvia thinks she's in love with this guy and that it's acceptable for him to want her despite the fact that she is only 16 and he is in his 20's. We just recently learned Sylvia and a 14 year old male friend were being supplied prescription drugs by that boy's mother which only increases our fears of what this Man has been doing to a 16 year old besides the initial obvious fear of taking advantage of an underage girls innocence to being in love. None of this has anything to do with them lacking a decent home. It has everything to do with pathetic adults preying on children's innocence and leading them to believe their parents only want to ruin their fun by saying it's wrong. I hope they come home soon because we love them so much and we are all very worried for their safety. 2 adults that we know of so far have influenced them in very dangerous ways and we need to get them home before someone even more evil takes advantage of them. We love you Sylvi and Rachel.
Myspace links

Vina, CA

#29 Apr 4, 2010
Here are links to the girls' myspace pages, the photos aren't the best & their pages are set to private but hopefully it somehow gives helpful information in finding them. Whereabouts are known, however family is not allowed to do anything to retrieve them & police were told they aren't there by the resident which is as far as they can go with it at this time.
http://www.myspace.com/PiNkFrEaKChIcK
http://www.myspace.com/raybabe15
I will help

Chico, CA

#30 Apr 4, 2010
Myspace links wrote:
Here are links to the girls' myspace pages, the photos aren't the best & their pages are set to private but hopefully it somehow gives helpful information in finding them. Whereabouts are known, however family is not allowed to do anything to retrieve them & police were told they aren't there by the resident which is as far as they can go with it at this time.
http://www.myspace.com/PiNkFrEaKChIcK
http://www.myspace.com/raybabe15
If you are sure that is where they are, someone needs to make flyers with their photos and the numbers to the parents and police then go door to door to all the neighbors surrounding that house and tell them to call the police when they see them.

The girls have to come out sometime!
Thinking

United States

#31 Apr 4, 2010
This guy in his 20's had better hope that someone just might take things in to their own hands & breaks down the door & beats the holy crap out of him. Stranger things have happened.
CmonNow

Chico, CA

#32 Apr 7, 2010
disgusted by excuses wrote:
'poor' parents? Donna (sylvias mother) is a well known member of the methanphetamine community. She spent her daughters accident settlement on drugs-(sylvia was run over by a vehicle when she was younger). Other than that, she allowed her kid to dress in ways NO decent mother would allow (mini-skirt at age 13? oh, hell) so of course she is hangin with older males. And as for the guy who 'claims' to have 'refused' giving them a ride, i'll bet $ he's lying thru his teeth...what livin in a Paradise trailer park leads to....maybe a guest shot on Maury?
Obviously you still are

Vina, CA

#33 Apr 12, 2010
CmonNow wrote:
<quoted text> 'poor' parents? Donna (sylvias mother) is a well known member of the methanphetamine community. She spent her daughters accident settlement on drugs-(sylvia was run over by a vehicle when she was younger). Other than that, she allowed her kid to dress in ways NO decent mother would allow (mini-skirt at age 13? oh, hell) so of course she is hangin with older males. And as for the guy who 'claims' to have 'refused' giving them a ride, i'll bet $ he's lying thru his teeth...what livin in a Paradise trailer park leads to....maybe a guest shot on Maury?
Your comment proves how long it's been since you last hung out with Donna in that "methamphetamine community" you say she's well known in. Donna has been clean for quite some time and doing very well. Obviously she's taken the right path since her past mistakes, but you would've known that if you were ever more than just a tweeker from her past. Sylvia is not promiscuous as you insinuate and it's been a very long while since Evergreen. Grow up, get your facts straight and get a life of your own. People like you are why innocent children aren't taken seriously when adults cross the line, so what if she wore a mini skirt, that doesn't make it ok for anyone to touch her nor does it make her a tramp. You sound a little jealous, maybe she told you no, and her mom probably did too.
What say

United States

#34 Apr 12, 2010
I heard they were home, is there any truth to this?
Sylvia

Vina, CA

#35 Apr 14, 2010
Yes they're home. Sylvia checked herself into a rehab this morning
Good Lord

Long Beach, CA

#36 Apr 14, 2010
Sylvia wrote:
Yes they're home. Sylvia checked herself into a rehab this morning
Rehab? For what?
Where is the check

Chico, CA

#37 Apr 16, 2010
From the Butte County Sheriff's Department Public Log (Page 61, entry 2):

415V N B PARSONS
Event: 10-AB8571 Time: 04/15/2010 15:23:32 Call Taker: A KELLY

RP: BROUGHTON,DONNA

Synopsis: RP'S DAUGHTER CAUSING A DISTURBANCE AT THE HOUSE. 16YR OLD BLU JEANS SEVERAL SHIRTS ON BLK AND BLK BACKPACK BLONDE HAIR POSSIBLY UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF H&S. HAS NOW LEFT THIS IS ALL BECAUSE RP IS TRYING TO GET JUVE IN A REHAB.

SOURCE LINK: http://buttecounty.net/SheriffCoroner/~/media...
Mother of a runaway

Durham, CA

#38 Jul 7, 2011
Family by choice wrote:
<quoted text>
I have known these girls for many years and in that time we have become family by choice. Not only do these girls have decent homes but they have very devoted and loving parents who are trying to keep them safe from the situation they're creating for themselves. Sylvia thinks she's in love with this guy and that it's acceptable for him to want her despite the fact that she is only 16 and he is in his 20's. We just recently learned Sylvia and a 14 year old male friend were being supplied prescription drugs by that boy's mother which only increases our fears of what this Man has been doing to a 16 year old besides the initial obvious fear of taking advantage of an underage girls innocence to being in love. None of this has anything to do with them lacking a decent home. It has everything to do with pathetic adults preying on children's innocence and leading them to believe their parents only want to ruin their fun by saying it's wrong. I hope they come home soon because we love them so much and we are all very worried for their safety. 2 adults that we know of so far have influenced them in very dangerous ways and we need to get them home before someone even more evil takes advantage of them. We love you Sylvi and Rachel.
Did these girls ever return home? How has it been? I'm currently dealing with roughly the same situation as the parents of these girls. Where do you go when they come home? Are there any support groups?
Prayer

Chico, CA

#39 Jul 7, 2011
John 3:16

then scoot your butt to Calvary Chapel ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Magalia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
16 Reason Why Britain Told the EU to Bugger Off - 1 hr Grandpa luvs Stup... 1
TWP is a WHITE SUPREMACIST 4 hr Grandpa luvs the KKK 9
OBUMMER and LIBERALISM GET SHELLACED WITH BREXIT 6 hr Grandpa is a Pirate 25
New National Monument 7 hr Smokey Bear 1
Obama Suffers Humiliating Defeat In Brexit Vote- 15 hr Jane twitchy-face... 2
Muslim Sex-Assault Suspects Back On Streets- 16 hr Grandpa Hates Women 4
Easter Cross Sun Grandpa HATES the... 55
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Magalia Mortgages