Parents search for two teens

Parents search for two teens

There are 39 comments on the The Paradise Post story from Mar 23, 2010, titled Parents search for two teens. In it, The Paradise Post reports that:

Two teenage girls have run away from home. Sylvia Broughton, 16, and her best friend Rachel Robinson, 15, were reportedly dropped off for church in Magalia last Wednesday night and haven't returned home since, nor have they shown up for school at Magalia Pines Christian Academy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Paradise Post.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
I will help

Chico, CA

#1 Mar 23, 2010
Have you made a Facebook group page yet for the missing girls? I started one for a 13 year old girl who ran away from home and because the right person saw the group with her photo posted on the wall, they called in an anonymous tip and she, along with several other runaway teenage girls, were located and the adult who was with them arrested.
They had been abducted into a gang and were taken to another city many miles away.

Make the group, use the missing poster as the group's photo, invite all your Facebook friends to join then ask everyone who joins to invite their friends as well as post the link to the group on their wall.

If you would like me to make the group for you, I would be more than happy to do so. You can e-mail me at [email protected]
These girls could be in serious danger if they are involved in gang activity or know someone who belongs to a gang.
Milton

Chico, CA

#2 Mar 24, 2010
Why do both of these girls have facial scars? Did the police ask the parents about that?
oh please

Paradise, CA

#3 Mar 25, 2010
it sounds like at least one of them was in foster care. if you know anything about foster kids, you know they come from troubled homes and were often abused and are more likely to run. facial scars can come from anywhere. my kids have them from being kids and falling. it's not unusual.

why doesn't the Post put a picture up of the girls? not all of us are in places to see the posters up all over town. there could be many more eyes on the lookout if they used a little bit more of space and showed the pictures.
Good Lord

Chico, CA

#4 Mar 25, 2010
oh please wrote:
why doesn't the Post put a picture up of the girls? not all of us are in places to see the posters up all over town. there could be many more eyes on the lookout if they used a little bit more of space and showed the pictures.
Good idea.
North state Growers

Durham, CA

#5 Mar 25, 2010
dont think the police are going to do a thing my girl run away from home and I told the police where she was and they did nothing and before we know it my little girl was having a baby her mother let a 22 year old male move into the house right where I told the police she was at her mothers home now the baby is a year old and I still have not seen my little girl so dont think the police are going to do anything its not their problem so they dont care oh yes I reported it to CPS and told them the same thing but what did they do nothing and just think we pay them to work thats a joke if it does not happen to them they dont care best of luck in finding them please take it into your own hands dont think the police are going to do any thing
a mother

Orland, CA

#6 Mar 25, 2010
the 16 year old has a scars due to being run over by a car in 1998.
the one that was in foster care was not abused the mother made some mistakes.
the family was dong well until the 16 yr.old met a young adult male.

“Life Sucks”

Since: Jan 10

Petry Dish

#7 Mar 25, 2010
Stupid is As stupid Does,Girls Gone Wild and ThePost has no photos of the Girls.guess we just wonder if that was the girls when we see them.more than half the girls in this area have the same description.
mother

Orland, CA

#8 Mar 25, 2010
The post was given photos of both girls we are wondering the same.
they

United States

#9 Mar 25, 2010
were found and ran again. This time without phones or backpacks.
I will help

Chico, CA

#10 Mar 25, 2010
they wrote:
were found and ran again. This time without phones or backpacks.
Like I pointed out, you need to make a Facebook group for the girls with their photos! The girl I made the group for was a runaway foster child and because of the group, she was found five days later.

If the girls keep running away, they'll end up in juvenile hall. Do they know this?

Technically, the Post can't post a photo of the foster child because it is against the law. However, the mother of the girl who is not a foster child can post her photo.

In the case I helped with, I went ahead and posted the foster girl's photo anyway, much to the dismay of CPS.

However, it worked and that's all that counted. I immediately deleted the group once she was found.
no money

AOL

#11 Mar 26, 2010
I will help wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I pointed out, you need to make a Facebook group for the girls with their photos! The girl I made the group for was a runaway foster child and because of the group, she was found five days later.
If the girls keep running away, they'll end up in juvenile hall. Do they know this?
Technically, the Post can't post a photo of the foster child because it is against the law. However, the mother of the girl who is not a foster child can post her photo.
In the case I helped with, I went ahead and posted the foster girl's photo anyway, much to the dismay of CPS.
However, it worked and that's all that counted. I immediately deleted the group once she was found.
they will not end up in juvenile hall. there is no room and no money. They don't/won't do anything about truant kids either except punish the parents believe me the resource officer was at me ex's last yr twice physically pulling a teenager out of bed trying to get her to school. She still didn't go.
paradise momma

Chico, CA

#12 Mar 26, 2010
Hurry and Do the Facebook page. I will add it to my friends and it will be exposed to lots of people up here!!! Let us know how to access the page and we'll do our part!
I will help

Chico, CA

#13 Mar 26, 2010
And the girl who keeps running away who is not in foster care will end up in foster care and if she thinks that's a picnic, she's got another thing coming!
amother

Chico, CA

#14 Mar 26, 2010
The youth Pastor Chris Jensen in Paradise you may look him up and it is there.
Thank all of you for your time and help.
Donna & Barbera
Good Grief

Oroville, CA

#15 Mar 26, 2010
First of all people...teenagers do NOT get arrested for running away.

Back in the ol days, children were routinely returned to homes after being "caught" running away.
What they finally figured out was they were returning runaways (more often than not) to abusive homes where they were abused even more after their return. I know this fact all too well, as I was one of them.

Be very very careful assuming anything about a runaway...good or bad. Do NOT put yourself on auto pilot and hightail them back to their parents. Make sure they have a chance to talk to an uninvolved third party and/or mediator.

We have already seen on the ridge the death of a child to a supposedly "christian" "loving" home. Please don't just assume they don't have a good reason...I know all too well that sometimes there are very valid reasons to runaway...
Good Grief

Oroville, CA

#16 Mar 26, 2010
Another thing...there are no pictures because these are minors. They have NOT committed any crime...please do not treat them like criminals.

It is easy to blame the "guy friend"...I can tell you this was there vehicle...I doubt there motive.

Mind you I understand their families are worried...but from the comments I have read here today there is some huge confusion about the motives of runaways.

If the young ladies are reading this please listen to just one more thing from someone who has been where you are now:

CALL SOMEONE! Let your people know you are okay. ASK for HELP and find someone you can trust to help you through this. You may be living in fear of the consequences of your actions. Do not let this keep you from contacting someone you trust.
Blessings to you both.
Good Grief

Oroville, CA

#17 Mar 26, 2010
oops...sorry for the there's instead of their! My bad!
Your Friend

Chico, CA

#18 Mar 27, 2010
amother wrote:
The youth Pastor Chris Jensen in Paradise you may look him up and it is there.
Thank all of you for your time and help.
Donna & Barbera
I know you both are doing what should be done!Your girls are "missing".As a mother of a past runaway/missing teen son.I had no help or support from this town for three yrs. off and on.Thank you both for taking the responsiblity for your kids.Especially with them hanging out with a older male teen. You are doing what any good parent would do.
I am going to Chris'Facebook page and let my friends in this town know what's going on.
God Bless you both,Liisa
A Concerned Friend

Chico, CA

#19 Mar 27, 2010
Thank you Paradise Post in conjuction with Police Dept. for finally doing something. Also thank you for putting thier pictures in the paper today.I was at a total loss when my son was missing.He was being influenced by older teens and got caught in drugs and underage sex.This is a probelm for Paradise and other communities.So before you critize these parents,help in anyway you can.Thank you to all who are praying for Sylvia and Racheal's safe return.P.S. PARENTS who think kids are just staying at thier home for a few days, ask and find out if that child could be a runaway,missing,or wanted by police-call your local police dept. and ask,it's just a phone call away,if you don't, the "wantedkids" can make you an accessory to abating a "wanted" child. Thank You
A Concerned Friend

Chico, CA

#20 Mar 27, 2010
Good Lord wrote:
<quoted text>
Good idea.
It's in todays paper-saturday!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Magalia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CONSERVATIVE family values= GUTTER 1 hr Middle of the road 16
Man Facing 200 Sexual Molestation Charges in NY... 3 hr Watchdog 1
Gay activists fume over de Blasio’s role in ren... 5 hr TWP 2
Way to go CONSERVATARDS! 7 hr Middle of the road 6
The Winning Formula 7 hr Middle of the road 12
Why are all the fires getting so big? 11 hr Middle of the road 49
donald trump keeps bullying Megyn Kelly 11 hr Middle of the road 21
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Magalia Mortgages