Charges against veteran Butte prosecutor reduced

Full story: Chico Enterprise-Record

Veteran Butte County prosecutor Brent Redelsperger pleaded guilty in court Wednesday to reduced misdemeanor charges of child endangerment and drunken driving.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 17 of17
David Pierce

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2010

Judged:

This is a bunch of crap, this guy has placed 100's of people in prison for less charges, but ramsey is so corrupt that he will let off one of his own, this county sucks, they all should go to jail.
Tax Payer

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2010

Judged:

So Let me get this straight,we are paying his salary to sit at home for nearly 8 months!?!? Can i get " stressor" relief since I'm going through a divorce and I have a heavy workload? Will butte county tax payers please pay me over 100,000 a year with benefits, while I sit at home after a two moth trip to Floriday and reduce any felony charges that I may sustain because I'm sure I'm the only person that has " stressors" in life. This D.A. needs to be a man and quit stealing from the county tax payers!! He got drunk, regardless of why and put his children and everyone on the road in danger. The fact that he admits that and still collects a check, tells me what kind of person he is. He got a paid vacation on the taxpayers dime. This should enrage the public!!
chere pair gilmore

Magalia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2010

let him be free on temple circle
For crying out loud

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2010

Judged:

You have got to be kidding me. The blatant cronyism is almost humorous. Almost. Pinhead Ramsey prosecutes with full vigor when it suits him and his chums (ask Hal Funk), but when it comes to his brethren he'll do everything he can to keep his machine operating. Granted; there wasn't much competition for Ramsey during the last election but the knuckleheads in Butte County voted this weasel in for a SIXTH term. I can only hope that what goes around comes around and Ramsey will have to face the music. The miserable simp that he is.
Its All Good

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2010

Judged:

So one good thing that should come out of this is that Mr Redelsperger and Mr Ramsey should strive to extend the same understanding and leniency to others in the courtroom hereafter.
Sober Up

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2010

Judged:

A reality check is in order. First, read the article. The attorney general, not Ramsey, prosecuted the case and opposed reducing the charge to a misdemeanor. Ramsey had no involvement in the case so as to avoid the nonsensical accusations in some of the posts found here. And the judge (from out of town without any connection to the parties -- in other words, an objective magistrate), not Ramsey, reduced the charge to a misdemeanor. Finally, to the extent the administrative leave was paid, it would be because the defendant had earned vacation and administrative leave time from his many years of service. Sober up.
WE THE PEOPLE

Chester, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2010

Judged:

Its not about JUSTICE, its "JUST US' in Butt Co.
Whats the surprise,he's one of the brothers in the club,the BAR CLUB that is, not licensed by the state, but by their own 'private' club/association !
Magalia

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2010

Judged:

There are a LOT of first time offenders who get leniency from the courts for these very same charges. The difference is that the majority of those are John Q. Public members of the community at large who don't rate press coverage. Because Mr. Redelsperger is a "public figure" worthy of press coverage what is really a run-of-the mill plea bargain gets a disproportionate amount of press.

Also, as Sober Up pointed out, Ramsey doesn't have a darned thing to do with this case. He can't because it would be a clear conflict of interest. The defense attorney is only representing the best interest of the defendant because THAT'S HIS JOB. The prosecutor is out of the Attorney General's Office and he/she objected to the motion because THAT'S HIS JOB. The visiting judge is a retired magistrate from the Bay Area. Both sides made their case to the judge and he granted the defense attorney's motion.

Go watch a day of court with cases like this like I had to do for my high school civics and college government classes and you'll see just how common these things are. The only thing that makes this case such a big deal is the profession of the defendant.

Mr. Redelsperger did a stupid, irresponsible, unconscionable thing but to judge him more harshly than the general public would be just as discriminatory as the special kid-glove treatment some posters are accusing him of getting.
sammy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2010

The players were all at the Game? The Fix was .. Actor they are .. He still on The Butte County D.A. s Pay roll. Mike Ramsey takes care of his own?...and still keeps him on as long as he can ? still member of the Butte County D A office
Sally Sue

Oroville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2010

Judged:

Butte County is nothing but a Good Ol Boy System. This county is corrupt. If this had been a common citizen we'd still be sitting in jail and CPS would have taken our kids. I remember when Ramsey's daughter shot the gun and what happened to her.....
Tax Payer

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2010

Judged:

Sober Up wrote:
A reality check is in order. First, read the article. The attorney general, not Ramsey, prosecuted the case and opposed reducing the charge to a misdemeanor. Ramsey had no involvement in the case so as to avoid the nonsensical accusations in some of the posts found here. And the judge (from out of town without any connection to the parties -- in other words, an objective magistrate), not Ramsey, reduced the charge to a misdemeanor. Finally, to the extent the administrative leave was paid, it would be because the defendant had earned vacation and administrative leave time from his many years of service. Sober up.
As someone who spent time in Rehab with Mr. Redelsperger I find this appaling. He has always had a silver spoon in his mouth and continues too. The people of the county should be more enraged then they appear to be. Part of " sobering up" is to admit fault.Saying he had stressors is rationalizing. You don't suddenly hit a .38 one day. The drinking was long term, and THAT led to the stressors. Not the day to day life. You sometimes have to hit rock bottom to start over.Does paid leave,( of close to 7 months!!) reduction in charges, and what I saw no remorse equate to that? The silver spoon continues to feed him. I hope for his children he stays sober and makes ammends, because deep down I'm sure this has traumatized his children and they are the victims that went unheard in this. I know the mother kept them away from him in rehab, which was good for all in my opinion. He seemed to tell people what they wanted to hear, and my only hope was that upon returning home reality would set in and the real healing would take over. I hope his wife didn't take him back and he begged for the kids forgiveness. It seems like he was more about laying blame then owning up. Very sad!!I have sobered up, lost everything and am rebuilding. Not easy, but I sleep great at night knowing I did it. I have stressors and lost my family, but I admit I get what I deserve. Shouldn't everyone???
thanks

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2010

Judged:

I am just glad the arresting officers didn't break under pressure and not charge this drunk driver.
curious

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2010

Judged:

Tax Payer wrote:
<quoted text>
As someone who spent time in Rehab with Mr. Redelsperger I find this appaling. He has always had a silver spoon in his mouth and continues too. The people of the county should be more enraged then they appear to be. Part of " sobering up" is to admit fault.Saying he had stressors is rationalizing. You don't suddenly hit a .38 one day. The drinking was long term, and THAT led to the stressors. Not the day to day life. You sometimes have to hit rock bottom to start over.Does paid leave,( of close to 7 months!!) reduction in charges, and what I saw no remorse equate to that? The silver spoon continues to feed him. I hope for his children he stays sober and makes ammends, because deep down I'm sure this has traumatized his children and they are the victims that went unheard in this. I know the mother kept them away from him in rehab, which was good for all in my opinion. He seemed to tell people what they wanted to hear, and my only hope was that upon returning home reality would set in and the real healing would take over. I hope his wife didn't take him back and he begged for the kids forgiveness. It seems like he was more about laying blame then owning up. Very sad!!I have sobered up, lost everything and am rebuilding. Not easy, but I sleep great at night knowing I did it. I have stressors and lost my family, but I admit I get what I deserve. Shouldn't everyone???
Very Interesting. Makes you wonder why the comments stopped after this was wrote. Did Something hit home with Sober up??? Hmmmmm??
swede

Vacaville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2010

Judged:

he has finance problems,and should be fired,and have license revoked,and pay big fines like everyone else,and ride a bicycle to his new job and lose pension,paid by taxpayers.
REALITY

Oroville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2010

swede wrote:
he has finance problems,and should be fired,and have license revoked,and pay big fines like everyone else,and ride a bicycle to his new job and lose pension,paid by taxpayers.
Obviously you dont understand how things actually work up in Butte county !

“I don't really hate you”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2010

Financial problems? They extort money out of every single client they have. The court appointment doesnt mean anything. They will tell you face to face that if they dont get 500 bucks cash from you, they will make no effort to help you even though they are court appointed. Everyone knows this. The judges, all the other lawyers. They all do it. They refuse to work without a bribe
Hello

Paradise, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2011

Tax Payer wrote:
<quoted text>
You say you spent time in Rehab with this man? What's your story lol, you are not really in a position to criticize. How do you know if he has reached recovery in the manner you say you have? How were you held accountable by the courts?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 17 of17
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Magalia Discussions

Search the Magalia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 min Eric 65,122
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 1 hr Acme Pest Control 15,665
What's old el twerpo's hang up with "Baghdad Bo... 1 hr Not a pervert like One 7
Clive Bundy and the EPA trying to steal cattle ... 1 hr Not a pervert like One 91
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 2 hr Lug Heads 7,300
Letter: Racing exempt from noise ordinance? (Sep '08) 6 hr A bit late - 22
And until recently repubicans didn't believe in... 7 hr The right is wrong 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Magalia Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Magalia People Search