Sprint car driver Stephen Allard, 40, dies

Full story: Chico Enterprise-Record

Two-time Silver Dollar Speedway track sprint car champion and Chico native Stephen Allard reportedly died Monday in Cameron Park where he lived.
Comments
1 - 20 of 39 Comments Last updated Apr 7, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
KDW

Kansas City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

sprint car fan from the midwest trying to find out what happen to stephen
annonymous

Placerville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

no details but he apparently took his own life. Very sad for those left behind.
annonymous

Campbell, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

There are details being posted. How do you know he took his own life? It just seems odd.
anonymous

Berkeley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Will there be a service for stephen?
Anonymous

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Please post when and where service will be!
rrounds

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Anonymous wrote:
Please post when and where service will be!
A celebration of life for Stephen Allard will be held on January 12, 2013 at noon in the Commercial Building at the Silver Dollar Fairgrounds in Chico. People attending are welcomed to start arriving at 11:30 a.m. The family has requested in lieu of flowers that donations be made in memory of Stephen Allard to the Make a Wish Foundation / Knoxville Bound Trip, c/o JPs Paint and Body Works, 1840 Park Ave, Chico, CA 95928.
Seeker

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Anonymous wrote:
Suicide is not the answer to any problem but unfortunately for Stephen that's how he felt.
Sad he coward out and left emotional scars behind
Suicide is definitely an option for many situations.Who are you to say otherwise?You have no idea of what he was going through and for the likes of you to suggest he was a coward is filthy dirty.I am sure that he was twice the man that you will ever be.Now go climb back into your spider hole
papa

Dixon, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

How do you know he committed suicide people? He loved his wife and daughter. He was a newlywed. Or are all you jumping to speculations?. If so the hell with you. Disrespect.
RDM

Eugene, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Out of Respect for The good things he did and for the survivors ... Be KIND !
papa

Dixon, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Where did u hear he did? I can not find anything on it. Not in the mountain democrat. Nothing.
turn4

Shingle Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

I thank you Allard for making such a positive impact on my life. I wish I could have been their for you in your darkest hour. I miss you and will truly miss you come race day. Their will always be a seat saved for you in turn4. I love you man.
papa

Dixon, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

No one knows what happend unless you known him married to him etc... Straight up speculation. I cant find nothing no new updates. Does anyone know what really happend. I know his wife for 16 years but no way in hell am I asking her.
Enough already

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

I heard what happened and no matter how you look at it, it's very sad and tragic. You all need to grow up and show a little respect during these very trying times for his family. Opinions are like assholes and some of you on this forum have proved that theory.
Billssp88

Valley Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Enough already wrote:
I heard what happened and no matter how you look at it, it's very sad and tragic. You all need to grow up and show a little respect during these very trying times for his family. Opinions are like assholes and some of you on this forum have proved that theory.
. I think everyone wants to know what happened to Stephen he was a very talented driver I know I raced a few times with him.He seemed to have every thing going for him but we don't know what happens off the race track ,never the less its a sad and tragic deal we pray for all his family and friends,Stephen you will be missed in the sprint car world...
papa

Dixon, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Enough already what happend? He was a gifted driver wonderful guy. I hate people putting bullshit on this. So I dont believe anything till I find facts.
Julie

Oceanside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

It states that his wife was at his side. So "anonymous" poster, what your saying is that he hung himself with her by his side? Really? R.I.P Stephen...
Be Considerate

Shingle Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Please respect the families and friends of Stephen at this time. Several of the above comments are inappropriate. I understand this is a public site but I do ask if you would please take into consideration that what you post can be read by anyone. Let's take this time to celebrate the life of Stephen. Thank you for your cooperation in taking down or deleting any postings.
papa

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Julie wrote:
It states that his wife was at his side. So "anonymous" poster, what your saying is that he hung himself with her by his side? Really? R.I.P Stephen...
where do you find your info? I cant find anything.
mak

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

papa wrote:
<quoted text> where do you find your info? I cant find anything.
That was written on his fb memorial page, a long post on one of the photos.
anony

Tracy, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

papa wrote:
<quoted text> where do you find your info? I cant find anything.
People can sure talk but not what's real, lame! Go to Google and put mountain democrat Stephen allard and when the artical comes up go to bottom where it says 1 reply and then a huge large article pops up. Still doesn't really say anymore than what we already know. we all know what really happened and what was said already soooo....rip Stephen! I love u!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Magalia Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Magalia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••