Magalia couple bound, gagged, robbed at home

Police are looking for two men who bound and gagged a husband and wife then robbed them at their home on the 14000 block of Creston Avenue Friday night. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Peggy

Fresno, CA

#1 May 18, 2009
Please lock your doors people. Or as my almost 79 year old Mother would do.. shoot first then ask who is there.
benji

United States

#2 May 18, 2009
"Who's there?!"

"It's me Granny, call 911 cuz you just shot me!"

yeah, I know, I'm an a-hole :)
Magalia Resident

AOL

#3 May 18, 2009
This town needs to close its doors and take the trash out. Im ready, lets do it. The authorities are not going to do their jobs, its up to us to defend ourselves and make a clear and strong statement. Lets find out the names of this trash and bury them. I think I speak for most up here when I say, I know where to hide bodies in these here hills.
Avenues

Chico, CA

#4 May 18, 2009
Still looking for a "motive"? How about money and pawnable goods, you hubcap.
Joe_Public

Sacramento, CA

#5 May 18, 2009
I agree with the shoot first ask questions later philosophy, however in this liberal a*s state you will be arrested and possibly charged if you do. Even though the US Constitution gives us the right to keep and bear arms and to use deadly force to protect our homes and families, the state says otherwise. It's ridiculous but that's what happens when the ignorant vote Democrat!
Joe Public

Manteca, CA

#6 May 18, 2009
Joe_Public wrote:
I agree with the shoot first ask questions later philosophy, however in this liberal a*s state you will be arrested and possibly charged if you do. Even though the US Constitution gives us the right to keep and bear arms and to use deadly force to protect our homes and families, the state says otherwise. It's ridiculous but that's what happens when the ignorant vote Democrat!
Bang! Bang! Me big man! Me big macho! All better!
Frank

Chico, CA

#7 May 18, 2009
Joe_Public wrote:
Democrat or Republican in office, the laws still allow you to protect yourself. Even with deadly force, as necessary. If your home is being invaded, it would not be unreasonable to assume that the perpetrators would be armed, and willing to do you or your family harm. You're not going to jail if you shoot and kill an intruder in your own home.
what

Chico, CA

#8 May 18, 2009
Well I lock my DOORS for sure these days plus I have 2 really big dogs when Im home I have no guns but I do have a big baseball bat a pete rose autograghed and wouldnt a problem knocking them into another world no questions asked PERIOD
John

Chico, CA

#9 May 18, 2009
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Democrat or Republican in office, the laws still allow you to protect yourself. Even with deadly force, as necessary. If your home is being invaded, it would not be unreasonable to assume that the perpetrators would be armed, and willing to do you or your family harm. You're not going to jail if you shoot and kill an intruder in your own home.
In Texas yes but here no. You need to show proof that your life is in danger. You are not allowed by law here just to shoot someone or people breaking into your home.

You can thank the Democrat's for coming up with that. California has some of the most strict rules in self protection with using a fire arm. Remember in the wonder Democratic state of California the defendant has more rights than you....

Since: May 09

Durham, CA

#10 May 18, 2009
I keep a gun right on the couch and another tucked in the chair in the living room, one on the headboard of the bed, one in my vehicle, one in the magazine rack in the bathroom (you never know when you might be accosted) and a whole bunch of handguns, rifles and shotguns in the safe. Come on in guys, I'd be happy to catch these guys! Residents of Magalia have had enough of the slime moving up the hill. I agree, shoot first ask questions later. All I know for sure is it is my RIGHT to BEAR ARMS, and if I FEEL threatened I can and will protect myself and family.
It will keep happening

Chico, CA

#11 May 18, 2009
A while back I had a guy (I didn't know him at all) come trying to break into my home in the middle of the night. The cops came and arrested him while he was in the act. He literaly had the screen off my window and was trying to come in when he was arrested. Guess what? He was charged with NOTHING!!!! They found drugs on him and still, NOTHING!!!! Now my child and I are scared in our own home and again, the guy was totally let off!!!
Did it make the paper? Nope, not even the blotter. The police said that he was arrested for burglery and then said drunk in public and felony drug charges, but, NOTHING!!! Amazing!
Paradise Man

United States

#12 May 18, 2009
Joe_Public wrote:
Actually, they'd have been well within their rights to use lethal force in this situation.

I quote, "The killing of one person by another may be justifiable when necessary to resist the attempt to commit a forcible and life-threatening crime, provided that a reasonable person in the same or similar situation would believe that

(a) the person killed intended to commit a forcible and life-threatening crime;

(b) there was imminent danger of such a crime being accomplished; and

(c) the person acted under the belief that such force was necessary to save himself or herself or another from death or a forcible and life-threatening crime".

Murder, mayhem, rape and robbery are examples of forcible and life-threatening crimes (PC - Section 197).

As soon as a guy walks through your door with a stocking cap and a mask on his face, I, being a resonable person, would say that a forcible and life-threatening crime is iminent.
It will keep happening

Chico, CA

#13 May 18, 2009
By the way, this happened in Paradise. I don't know why it says I am from Sunnyvalle.
JoeText

Reno, NV

#14 May 18, 2009
And they inisist drugs are a victimless crime, including the weed..
well

United States

#15 May 18, 2009
don't think the police will help you in this situation.. people are desperate and can't afford their meth fixes... they will rob the helpless. So get a big dog, buy a gun, and hunker down.

--A happy and safe pitbull owner.
Ryan

Chico, CA

#16 May 18, 2009
John wrote:
<quoted text>
In Texas yes but here no. You need to show proof that your life is in danger. You are not allowed by law here just to shoot someone or people breaking into your home.
You can thank the Democrat's for coming up with that. California has some of the most strict rules in self protection with using a fire arm. Remember in the wonder Democratic state of California the defendant has more rights than you....
Very simple, somebody breaks into your home while you are present, shoot them. The act of them alone breaking into your home should put you in fear for your life, especially during these times. Obviously they must be in your home versus opening a window or on your front lawn, but if they are inside light them up. Anybody breaking into your home means you harm, period. Send them to hell with a one way ticket.
Libby

United States

#17 May 18, 2009
Avenues wrote:
Still looking for a "motive"? How about money and pawnable goods, you hubcap.
How about perhaps there are factors involved in this that law enforcement doesn't need to share with the public right now?
simpletruth

Rancho Cordova, CA

#18 May 18, 2009
Blah! Offer the boys some milk and cookies. They just need to chill a bit. Once they have come to their senses, tell them to be one their way. Right before they close the door behind themselves then BLAST THEIR HEADS INTO THE NEIGHBORS YARD!

Since: May 09

Durham, CA

#19 May 18, 2009
Libby sounds like the police!! We have a right to know everything when these folks are still lose in our community d u m b a s s . I hope they come to my house....I'm ready. Then, the police can take them away and we have no prosecution costs or anything because they will be dead by the time the police get there. I would love to catch these guys!
Libby

United States

#20 May 18, 2009
Ha ha - I am sooo not the police! I prefer my nice day job in an airconditioned office to be out in the heat in a stuffy uniform!!

I just think that sometimes when people get so riled up about things and start name calling, it's totally inappropriate. They need to step back and realize that there is sometimes information that is withheld because it would hinder the police investigation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Magalia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beantown: Please, we NEED Global Warming? 24 min Leftist our moron... 100
The Great Failure Called Obama 33 min Leftist our moron... 252
Obama is an Islamic jihadist who hates America 35 min Leftist our moron... 24
Netanyahu Speech to Congress huge success 5 hr News 2
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 hr JOEL 71,557
Walmart raises minimum wage to help low earners 8 hr Good job WALMART 21
John Oliver on Infratructure 9 hr Yo Mamma 3
Magalia Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web