Snow snarls foothill traffic in Parad...

Snow snarls foothill traffic in Paradise, elsewhere

There are 18 comments on the Chico Enterprise-Record story from Feb 17, 2011, titled Snow snarls foothill traffic in Paradise, elsewhere. In it, Chico Enterprise-Record reports that:

Significant snow is falling on the Paradise ridge, as well as in Forest Ranch and in Cohasset.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chico Enterprise-Record.

el oh el

Vina, CA

#1 Feb 17, 2011
wow that is snarly.
ohh nooo

United States

#2 Feb 17, 2011
help im stuck!
itsME

Chico, CA

#3 Feb 17, 2011
why do the old people jump in their cars as soon as it snows? dummies!
Wild-eyed Rightwinger

United States

#4 Feb 17, 2011
Excuse me itsME, but it is not the "old" people
that are in the ditch and trying to put chains on
in the middle of the road up here. If you want to see a dummy, try looking in the mirror.
A Paradise Motorcyclist

United States

#5 Feb 17, 2011
There's no "bridge", it's a long time 'bottleneck' that has been a problem for 50 years. Fix the road atop the Magalia reservior and chain up before driver's get there.
get er dun

United States

#6 Feb 17, 2011
these are darn fine conditions for the old people to get in trouble with. Head away from the hills if you want to stay safe!
SusieQ

Chico, CA

#7 Feb 17, 2011
My only comment is the wish that the staff writers would proof read their articles and catch the mistakes before publishing them. It makes them look very unprofessional.
Michelle Rader

Chico, CA

#8 Feb 17, 2011
Your information is not quite accurate...both Cedarwood and Pine Ridge schools in Magalia were closed/cancelled first thing this morning.
magalia resident

Chico, CA

#9 Feb 17, 2011
11 inches at my house- I definitely wont be leaving until I know all the roads have been plowed
Funny

Chico, CA

#10 Feb 17, 2011
Ask the Paradise PPD to do it,any shovels needed,they'd get a raise ! Cut back on road crews,hire more cops right !
Nikkie Bell

Chico, CA

#11 Feb 17, 2011
Keep watching Paradise Weather Watch for 10 second updates site really helps us up in Paradise and the Yankee hill, Concow area Thanks for it.
http://www.paradiseweatherwatch.com/
rkenn69

Chico, CA

#12 Feb 17, 2011
On and off snow here up in West Cottonwood. Redding has quite a bit of snow-mostly the West side and N.Redding.
welfare state

United States

#13 Feb 17, 2011
how can i go get my welfare check if the roads are impassible? i mean i'm almost running out of smokes, beer and pork rinds up here! sure wish those tax payers we're doing a better job, we might actually have some crews on the road cleaning things up!
Mercy

Chico, CA

#14 Feb 17, 2011
Oh snow snow beautiful snow
where it comes from I dont know?
It only comes around just once
in awhile
so while its here
I think I'll just SMILE :)
Info

Chico, CA

#15 Feb 18, 2011
A Paradise Motorcyclist wrote:
There's no "bridge", it's a long time 'bottleneck' that has been a problem for 50 years. Fix the road atop the Magalia reservior and chain up before driver's get there.
The bridge opened in April or May of 1976. I remember this because I left for bootcamp in April of '76 and when I came home on leave in June of '76 the bridge was newly opened. That would make the bridge around 34 years old.
Foghorn Leghorn

United States

#16 Feb 18, 2011
Same story ,different date.
Chad

Maple Valley, WA

#17 Feb 18, 2011
People actually live up in those hills?
A Wise Man

Paradise, CA

#18 Feb 18, 2011
itsME wrote:
why do the old people jump in their cars as soon as it snows? dummies!
It's not just old people. A lot of people don't pay attention to the news and get caught unaware of a storm brewing. When they find out at the last minute they dash off to get food in case they get snowed in for a while.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Magalia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Proof Global Warming is All Fraud (Jul '15) 3 hr Franklin 11
Trump To Open National Genetics Bank 5 hr Gossip 1
Trump ORDERS TAXATION on Religious Properties. 19 hr Go4ItDonnie 1
24 Die In Oakland Fire - Liberal Responsible O... 20 hr Bob is Going to Pay 1
Trump says to Religious Bigots; Get OFF America... 20 hr Bye Bye Bigots 1
I changed the world today 21 hr Rainbow 3
TRUMP & Team Laugh that Idiot Americans actuall... 22 hr Just Kidding 1

Magalia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance