Three strikes get killer 33 years to ...

Three strikes get killer 33 years to life in Magalia stabbing

There are 72 comments on the Chico Enterprise-Record story from Jun 11, 2008, titled Three strikes get killer 33 years to life in Magalia stabbing. In it, Chico Enterprise-Record reports that:

An Auburn parolee was returned to prison for life under a three-strikes sentence imposed Tuesday in connection with a fatal 2006 stabbing in Magalia.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chico Enterprise-Record.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
3 strikes

Chico, CA

#1 Jun 11, 2008
3 strikes your out, rot in hell dirt bag, another piece of
crap off our streets.
Special Agent

Fresno, CA

#2 Jun 11, 2008
If the lazy Chico Parole Staff did their job correctly...this punk would have been behind bars a long time ago for a parole violation...AND a life would have been saved!!
Paradise

United States

#4 Jun 11, 2008
You lame idiot. Why don't you check your facts before posting a public comment. Mr. Pacheco was on parole in Auburn and according to his parole officer, he was doing everything right to stay on track and out of trouble. This unfortunate incident took place at Mr. Pacheco's brothers house, and if you bothered to read the whole story here, his brother pled the 5th on the stand. Gee, I wonder what he had to hide that he had to plea the 5th? Mr. Pacheco's brother obviously does not have a very nice crowd he hangs around with. At least, according to the news story since Mr. Prestridge was a known gang member. Mr. Pacheco, however, was not.

Sounds like you just need to do a little more growing up to do. I won't even comment on your immature statment about Ms. Harberts.
Paradise

United States

#5 Jun 11, 2008
And you say, "and a life would have been saved." Mr. Prestridge would probably still be here, you're right. However, Rick Pacheco's life could have been taken that night if it were not for his brother being there and stepping in to help defend him. Then we could have seen the real dirt bag be on trial for murder. So really, no life would have been saved either way you look at it.
Paradise

United States

#6 Jun 11, 2008
Wow, what a headline. You'd never know that you were there for most of the trial. "Killer"? Mr. Pacheco was defending his brother, plain and simple. Great way to get readers attention I guess.

Since: May 08

United States

#7 Jun 11, 2008
Save all the expenses to the state and buy a $.50 bullet and pull the trigger. He's done for anyways.
FriendlyAngel

United States

#8 Jun 11, 2008
Paradise...

You need to check your facts, too. The person you named is not now, and has never been, a parole agent.
Well

Dunnigan, CA

#9 Jun 12, 2008
Paradise wrote:
And you say, "and a life would have been saved." Mr. Prestridge would probably still be here, you're right. However, Rick Pacheco's life could have been taken that night if it were not for his brother being there and stepping in to help defend him. Then we could have seen the real dirt bag be on trial for murder. So really, no life would have been saved either way you look at it.
Were you at the BBQ the night the Paul Prestridge was killed? Did you know Paul Prestridge on a personal level...not by reputation? Paul Prestridge was never a murderer. Paul had a criminal history of fist fights. Paul never killed anyone. Anyone may choose to look up Mr. Prestridge's history on the Butte County web sight. If one chooses to do so, take a moment to verify Darrin Pacheco's past criminal history. I was not present the night that Paul Prestridge was murdered and do not know Darrin Pacheco...I do know Paul Prestridge and know many people that can and would correct you on your "dirt bag" comment. Many people are thankful and cherish the memories they have of Paul Prestridge. In my personal experiences with Paul he was loyal, kind, silly, and did not have tolerence for disrespect.
reply to Comment 4

Dunnigan, CA

#10 Jun 12, 2008
You said:
"Mr. Pacheco was on parole in Auburn and according to his parole officer, he was doing everything right to stay on track and out of trouble."
The Animal, "Mr" Pacheco, was NOT supposed to leave his cage of Placer County, the county he was paroled in.
"Mr" Pacheco CHOSE to remove his leash, and travel like a sick 3 legged dog, foaming at the mouth with rabies, creeping into Butte County. He violated his probation automatically when he stepped over the county line into Butte.
Therefore, since "Mr." Pacheco was on parole, IN Placerville County, he was NOT, as you (wrongly)say "doing everything right to stay on track and out of trouble." In fact, he did the exact opposite.
A third of the Puzzle

Dunnigan, CA

#11 Jun 12, 2008
Two-thirds of justice in this case remains to be served.
paradise also

AOL

#12 Jun 12, 2008
Paradise wrote:
Wow, what a headline. You'd never know that you were there for most of the trial. "Killer"? Mr. Pacheco was defending his brother, plain and simple. Great way to get readers attention I guess.
sure is sad that Rick and crew didn't go to Darrin's instead--there would have been no probation violation, no fight to try to defend Rick in, and Mainly, no Death of Paul...
anti-rapist

Raleigh, NC

#13 Jun 13, 2008
The Killer is also a rapist... Paul was fighting to get a child molester away from "HIS RIDGE"
FriendlyAngel

United States

#14 Jun 13, 2008
The individual above does not have his facts straight. Paul Prestridge attacked Rick Pacheco because he believed a friend of Rick's had molested a family member twenty years ago.

Yes, Paul Prestridge and his Butte County Gangster brethren see the area as "their ridge." If you lived here, would you want those thugs running the show?
paradise mom

United States

#15 Jun 13, 2008
FriendlyAngel wrote:
The individual above does not have his facts straight. Paul Prestridge attacked Rick Pacheco because he believed a friend of Rick's had molested a family member twenty years ago.
Yes, Paul Prestridge and his Butte County Gangster brethren see the area as "their ridge." If you lived here, would you want those thugs running the show?
Well since they are protecting this town from Rapist and Child molesters while our own police department is not and is out beating up inocent people instead and not investigating buglaries because they say they dont have the resources then I would say yes i feel safer knowing that "those thugs" are running the show and protecting "their ridge". I know from experience that you can get a quicker response by calling one of them than the police.
paradise also

AOL

#16 Jun 13, 2008
paradise mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Well since they are protecting this town from Rapist and Child molesters while our own police department is not and is out beating up inocent people instead and not investigating buglaries because they say they dont have the resources then I would say yes i feel safer knowing that "those thugs" are running the show and protecting "their ridge". I know from experience that you can get a quicker response by calling one of them than the police.
that's sure a fact--
wonder what the lawyer is thinking these days--now that the case is over and he doesn't have to defend Darrin...wonder if he thought guilt was the truth...
Anyone know which prison he's heading for?
well

United States

#17 Jun 13, 2008
FriendlyAngel wrote:
The individual above does not have his facts straight. Paul Prestridge attacked Rick Pacheco because he believed a friend of Rick's had molested a family member twenty years ago.
Yes, Paul Prestridge and his Butte County Gangster brethren see the area as "their ridge." If you lived here, would you want those thugs running the show?
The arguement was not over someone molesting one of Paul's family members 20 years ago...the arguement was over Rick wanting to purchase marijuana from a man that had sexually violated a female in the past. Paul verbally challenged Rick about being willing to take his kids over to the known molesters home...and Paul asked Darrin if he was okay with Rick taking his (Darrins) niece to a "Chomo's" house? Paul was unaware of Darrin's criminal history...had Paul known the kind of man Darrin was he would never been at the Pacheco home...or he would have beat the crap out of Darrin...without a knife, like a coward.
hmmm

Chico, CA

#18 Jun 13, 2008
Paradise wrote:
You lame idiot. Why don't you check your facts before posting a public comment. Mr. Pacheco was on parole in Auburn and according to his parole officer, he was doing everything right to stay on track and out of trouble. This unfortunate incident took place at Mr. Pacheco's brothers house, and if you bothered to read the whole story here, his brother pled the 5th on the stand. Gee, I wonder what he had to hide that he had to plea the 5th? Mr. Pacheco's brother obviously does not have a very nice crowd he hangs around with. At least, according to the news story since Mr. Prestridge was a known gang member. Mr. Pacheco, however, was not.
Sounds like you just need to do a little more growing up to do. I won't even comment on your immature statment about Ms. Harberts.
check your facts. The article claiming Mr. Prestridge as a known gang member was a quote from the disgruntled parents of Darrin Pacheco after the jury returned the guilty verdict.
hmmm hmmm

Chico, CA

#19 Jun 13, 2008
I find it odd you defend Mr Pacheco stating "he was doing everything right to stay on track and out of trouble" yet he was violating his parole by beibg in Butte County. Doesn't add up
hmmm hmmm

Chico, CA

#20 Jun 13, 2008
oops, misspellled 'being' in Butte Co.
semantics

Chico, CA

#21 Jun 13, 2008
Paradise wrote:
Wow, what a headline. You'd never know that you were there for most of the trial. "Killer"? Mr. Pacheco was defending his brother, plain and simple. Great way to get readers attention I guess.
Killer is a correct term for one who takes the life of another.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Magalia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
It Is Time To Arrest And Procedure George Soros... 14 min GRANDPA NICHOLAI 1
What is Trump so worried about? 29 min First Amendment 11
Evangelical christians Spiritual Leader is Dona... 1 hr not good 2 RAPE 3
NEVER AGAIN TRUST a Conservative or Republican ... 1 hr Conservatives Kil... 3
Republicans & Evangelicals & NRA Masters are CO... 1 hr NRA R Baby Killers 1
ONE Drop of White Blood makes you "Caucasian"! 2 hr Gods Blood Devalued 1
Illegal Alien Arrested - Make America Great Again 2 hr GRANDPA NICHOLAI 3

Magalia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Magalia Mortgages