Experts Question Pit Bull Ban's Legality

Experts Question Pit Bull Ban's Legality

There are 5 comments on the KBTX-TV Bryan story from Feb 23, 2008, titled Experts Question Pit Bull Ban's Legality. In it, KBTX-TV Bryan reports that:

“I have not seen, in Texas, anybody outright ban a breed, like pit bulls, because there's a state law against it, so this is probably marking new territory”

Is the new ordinance in Madisonville banning pit bulls illegal? Some legal experts say yes. via KBTX-TV Bryan

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KBTX-TV Bryan.

justice

AOL

#1 Apr 12, 2008
Ban the dogs!! Because what you are not saying is.....Blacks and mexicans don't need the dogs. You know they are the race which has these dogs. But, it's my opinion and madisonville lacks people that will speak up.
paw

Houston, TX

#2 Jul 21, 2008
Thank goodness you were wrong. This ordinance has been repealed by the city of Madisonville.
Charles Strassner

Spanish Fork, UT

#3 Jul 22, 2008
Get your concealed carry permit. Dog attacks, drop the dog. Too bad children can't protect their self from dangerous strays.
ryan

Corpus Christi, TX

#4 Aug 1, 2008
justice wrote:
Ban the dogs!! Because what you are not saying is.....Blacks and mexicans don't need the dogs. You know they are the race which has these dogs. But, it's my opinion and madisonville lacks people that will speak up.
wow i need to meet you so i can say i have offically meet the biggest dumbass in the world....I am a 28 year old white male and the proud owner of three pitbulls.All three live in my home with my 3 year old daughter and 10 year old daughter.for you to generaize a race or breed proves how insignificant your existance really is.its not a race of people breeding monsters its a segment of the entire population who have the same mental faculties as you breeding dogs that need proper training.they are a working breed and as such need exercise and training.if either of those is neglected the dog resorts to their own means of the same end.i.e chewing your leg off.they are less likly to bite than 70% of all breeds.dogs are like any animal or human push it too far it will retaliate.get it used to behaving a certain way and it will continue untill directed otherwise.for those of you who understand this concept i applaud your open mind.and to the people who cant wrap their minds around anything outside their little world....just stay inside till you die we dont need people like you breeding.
Tommy

Oceanside, CA

#5 Mar 31, 2009
To all the ignorant people. I am a 25 year old white male and i have 2 female pitbulls in my apt. why in the hell would you say mexican and black people are the only ones that own these dogs????It's people like you that should start smoking meth and die off in a couple months. I bet you think labs are the best dogs in the world. i have a scar that had 40 stitches because of a black lab......yeah so wrap that around your little finger. you know its so easy to point your finger at a bunch of voiceless dogs isnt it? and give it up people....texas will never ban dogs!!!!!!! i sure hope you morons educate your small minds. because I AM THAT GUY IN PETSMART WITH THE BEAUTIFUL PITBULLS!!!!Why don't you all worry about somethin that matters....like our dumbass president

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Madisonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 17 hr Fartman 904
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jul 1 Farters 742
House of Hope/ Madisonville Rehab (May '11) Jun 23 caffie 24
Bad mouthing Bedias (Nov '08) Mar '15 Melaney 33
News Madisonville Fire Destroys House, Famous Music ... Mar '15 sandibrown37209 1
Babies in bars (Jul '12) Aug '14 look it up 12
News Vultures Find Four Dead Illegal Immigrants in R... (Jun '14) Aug '14 ronnie 8
More from around the web

Madisonville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Madisonville Mortgages