TN ranks second in meth lab busts

TN ranks second in meth lab busts

There are 23 comments on the WBIR-TV Knoxville story from Jan 22, 2010, titled TN ranks second in meth lab busts. In it, WBIR-TV Knoxville reports that:

Tennessee meth makers are increasingly finding ways around laws meant to keep them on police radar and away from the ingredients.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBIR-TV Knoxville.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
arlingtonresiden t

Cordova, TN

#1 Jan 24, 2010
is anyone suprised by this?
Lisa G

Vonore, TN

#2 Jan 24, 2010
TN has very poor communities and meth is very very cheap.

“Long road ahead ”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#3 Jan 24, 2010
I know 3 people on our drug taskforce.You would be suprised where this crap pops up. It is a great problem in our rural areas. I have seen many places close by affected by this drug. Sad, but the poor are more affected by this .
Amarant

United States

#4 Jan 25, 2010
Hope they can really make a dent in this one quick. This is really scary stuff. Crackheads chasing the "dragon" are bad but this is even worse. The addicts are a lot scarier and much more dangerous. The cooks need to be locked up for a long, long time to send a message that this is not something we as a society are going to tolerate.
Good job

Riceville, TN

#5 Jan 25, 2010
It just show's how the State and especially Bill Bivens are not tolerating the meth heads in TN. Meth is a problem everywhere and this goes to show you that Bivens needs to be re-elected and keep up the good work on throwing meth heads in jail.
johndoe1

Pleasant Hill, TN

#6 Jan 25, 2010
Meth is all over the country, whether the locals in Tn., or any other state manufacture it.. I look at this epidemic has a major health issue.. So, it looks like it would be wiser to have an intense rehab program, instead of throwing people in jail..

They will get out at some point, and return back to the same thing, which is meth... IMHO, intense rehab, and education is a must
Good Job

Riceville, TN

#7 Jan 25, 2010
Rehab??? You have got to be kidding. We see how well the Methadone clinic's are working. Tax payer's paying to get people high is all Rehab is about.
Get your high somewhere else.

“Long road ahead ”

Location hidden

#8 Jan 25, 2010
our task force has done much to combat this . You buy items used to make meth and you are tracked. Many cold remedies are no longer accessible. Other chemicals are. You block one , they find another. A junkie will find a fix, a crook will find a way to make it . The answer ,? Who knows , but something has to be done to stop it.
johndoe1

Pleasant Hill, TN

#9 Jan 25, 2010
Good Job wrote:
Rehab??? You have got to be kidding. We see how well the Methadone clinic's are working. Tax payer's paying to get people high is all Rehab is about.
Get your high somewhere else.
Legalize.. Take the money out, then offer help to get to the core of the problem the people have..

Examples have proven well in Portugal, and other countries were they have tried everything..It may not stop it 100%, but it certainly slows it down...
Lives destroyed

Vonore, TN

#10 Jan 26, 2010
Lives are destroyed everyday by this terrible drug.
johndoe1

Pleasant Hill, TN

#11 Jan 27, 2010
Lives destroyed wrote:
Lives are destroyed everyday by this terrible drug.
I AGREE!!!

The war on drugs is a failure at best... This is a fact.... The gov., has done everything exept legalize, and treat the addicts, plus educate the addicts...

I hate the damn stuff.. It ruins everyone, and everybody that uses, or comes into contact with it's prescence..

Just My Opinion

Miami, FL

#12 Jan 27, 2010
I'am sad because we came in second place, I'd hope Tennessee could do much better than that!
johnd1

Pleasant Hill, TN

#13 Jan 27, 2010
Studmonkey wrote:
I'am sad because we came in second place, I'd hope Tennessee could do much better than that!
Don't worry, the more it's fought..(drug war) the more there will be of meth, and addicts.......
It's the demand for it that drives it.. It's not going anywhere with the way the gov., is fighting it, so everyone needs to just get use to it...
truth

Nashville, TN

#14 Jan 28, 2010
johndoe1 wrote:
Meth is all over the country, whether the locals in Tn., or any other state manufacture it.. I look at this epidemic has a major health issue.. So, it looks like it would be wiser to have an intense rehab program, instead of throwing people in jail..
They will get out at some point, and return back to the same thing, which is meth... IMHO, intense rehab, and education is a must
The only thing prisons are, are crime universities where the prisoners learn how to commit other crimes.
truth

Nashville, TN

#15 Jan 28, 2010
Good job wrote:
It just show's how the State and especially Bill Bivens are not tolerating the meth heads in TN. Meth is a problem everywhere and this goes to show you that Bivens needs to be re-elected and keep up the good work on throwing meth heads in jail.
It isn't about fighting crime, it's about scoring points and the state making money. Neither the person you're speaking of, the law enforcement community or, the state really cares about you. They love attention and money.
duminjun

Columbia, TN

#16 Jan 30, 2010
Are they Right? I Appreciate anyone Trying to Make a Better Place for everyone! Tennessee is a place where everyone is welcome, legal or not. Maybe they are trying to Escape.
NotSurprised

Mount Juliet, TN

#17 Feb 1, 2010
Tennessee has turned in to a crime pit. It festers with drug heads and corruption.
true

Riceville, TN

#18 Feb 3, 2010
truth wrote:
<quoted text>It isn't about fighting crime, it's about scoring points and the state making money. Neither the person you're speaking of, the law enforcement community or, the state really cares about you. They love attention and money.
That's true, but it takes proactive Law Enforcement to get the headlines. That's why TN ranked so high, the other States have just as many meth labs but they haven't found them.
Dan

Nashville, TN

#19 Feb 4, 2010
NotSurprised wrote:
Tennessee has turned in to a crime pit. It festers with drug heads and corruption.
"It festers with drug heads and corruption"
It also festers with it's claim to fame; sex offenders/pedophiles and felons. It is the sex offender/pedophile capital of the world AND the world's leading felon factory.
PAT BIVENS

Vonore, TN

#20 Feb 5, 2010
rehab and salvation,GOD can do what man can,t pray for that meth head christan.invite him to church, or better take him to church, have a good day my friend.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Madisonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News TBI: Body found alongside Monroe County highway 21 hr cdm 2
News Husband and wife arrested for dealing drugs at ... (Sep '14) Fri Just Wondering 4
Sheila White (May '12) Thu Rockwood 33
Bills courtyard Apr 23 Car buyer 3
Car warranty scam Apr 21 Tired of it 1
Brandi Myers ,oh so tasty Apr 20 Rockwood 4
News Who Does This Tennessee Lesbian Couple Think Bu... (Feb '11) Apr 18 BB Board 28

Madisonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Madisonville Mortgages