Madisonville City "Speed-O-Matic"

Posted in the Madisonville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
2 MPH Over

Brookfield, WI

#1 Apr 18, 2012
Should the Madisonville City be voted out in the next election? I think so.

Having the new "taxation without representation" "Speed-O-Matic" tagging folks $85 for a 2 MPH overage it a quick fix to the cities over spending.

$85 is a bit much for 2mph over.

If your tire size is just one size larger than what is posted on your door post your speedometer can be off 2mph. Better drive 40 on 411 and 25 in the city !!!

I SAY VOTE THEM OUT!!!
tuckmyjunkslower

Athens, TN

#2 Apr 18, 2012
2 MPH is definitely not grounds for a speeding ticket, variations in the mechanics of a vehicle can put it out by 5MPH or more.

I am not sure if radar is even accurate within 2MPH.

Fight these tickets in court and you will quit hearing about people getting the.
Go to court and demand evidence that the radar was within 2MPH accuracy, watch em blush and dismiss your ticket.
Not so funny

Asheville, NC

#3 Apr 22, 2012
Friend just got one yesterday. Get this going 28 in a 25 up Isbill road. This has got to stop.
Alfred McClendon

United States

#4 Apr 22, 2012
Please fire me over this.
Ted Cagel

United States

#5 Apr 22, 2012
Not so funny wrote:
Friend just got one yesterday. Get this going 28 in a 25 up Isbill road. This has got to stop.
Sorry bout that.
xmilitary11b

Dallas, NC

#6 Apr 22, 2012
I go everywhere fast because I am gay. Cops just love me.
lose weight not tickets

Riceville, TN

#7 May 3, 2012
I would not have a problem with them enforcing speed with cameras if they can prove they have been writing that many tickets in the last year. I bet they haven't wrote 20. They are to fat to get out of the cars... Hiding behind the name of safety is BS. If it's safety then why does their 3rd shift officers stay in Vonore at the shell or Exxon. Vote their tails out of office.
M ville

United States

#8 May 4, 2012
lose weight not tickets wrote:
I would not have a problem with them enforcing speed with cameras if they can prove they have been writing that many tickets in the last year. I bet they haven't wrote 20. They are to fat to get out of the cars... Hiding behind the name of safety is BS. If it's safety then why does their 3rd shift officers stay in Vonore at the shell or Exxon. Vote their tails out of office.
If it were truly in the name of safety the ticket would be issued immediatly not three weeks later. It is strictly a money generator that much of the funds go to a private business. It would be no different than any person going to the city board and saying if I set outside a city officials or the city police officer that monitors the units house with a camera and photagraph them littering, jaywalking, stealing cable, public intoxication, or any minor crime and asking that if I turn this photo in I will get part of the fine...... Heck that is what everybody should do...
whawha

Athens, TN

#9 May 4, 2012
Pathetic that most people can't see what is wrong with these privately owned speed cameras sending tickets for 3MPH over 3 weeks later.

The list of problems with this is a mile long.
Vote them out

United States

#10 May 5, 2012
This needs to be made the primary issue in the next election. The city officials need to be voted out in both Madisonville and Sweetwater, The county Mayor Yates should also be voted out for letting this happen. This has nothing to do with oublic safety but a way fund an inefficient government. The majority of the $$$ go to the private business that bring the machines.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#11 May 8, 2012
Finally, someone gets it. Mayor Yates should be voted out, he does not have a clue.
WHAT

Riceville, TN

#12 May 8, 2012
Those Tn Crooks wrote:
Finally, someone gets it. Mayor Yates should be voted out, he does not have a clue.
Tim Yates doesn't have a dang thing to do with it. It's Police Commissioner Spradlin & Chief Breeden in Madisonville and Police Chief Byrum in Sweetwater. County doesn't have a say in the city. These are the people responsible. Do your homework.
VOTE THEM OUT

Niota, TN

#13 May 11, 2012
All of the board needs to be voted out! This will be a good time for new people to run for election!

And I also agree with an above comment... I would like to see how many tickets the police officers have been writing and how they are performing thier duties.
Crooked City

United States

#14 May 11, 2012
WHAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Tim Yates doesn't have a dang thing to do with it. It's Police Commissioner Spradlin & Chief Breeden in Madisonville and Police Chief Byrum in Sweetwater. County doesn't have a say in the city. These are the people responsible. Do your homework.
Out with:
Commissioner Spradlin
Chief Breeden
Chief Byrum
Mad Mayor Alfred McClendon
Ted Cagle

THEY GOTTA GO!!!
edison27

Athens, TN

#15 May 12, 2012
Crooked City wrote:
<quoted text>
Out with:
Commissioner Spradlin
Chief Breeden
Chief Byrum
Mad Mayor Alfred McClendon
Ted Cagle
THEY GOTTA GO!!!
Pinpointing those responsible by name is a great idea.
Now everyone just needs to remember those names.
Justice Wanted

United States

#16 May 12, 2012
tuckmyjunkslower wrote:
2 MPH is definitely not grounds for a speeding ticket, variations in the mechanics of a vehicle can put it out by 5MPH or more.
I am not sure if radar is even accurate within 2MPH.
Fight these tickets in court and you will quit hearing about people getting the.
Go to court and demand evidence that the radar was within 2MPH accuracy, watch em blush and dismiss your ticket.
You would think so, wouldn't you? Maybe if it's a real court with actual justice. I got a ticket for 2 miles over in Benton. The Cop admitted he never had training. Couldn't remember where I was in the group of cars or where he pulled me over. The Radar Gun had not been calibrated in a year and the "Judge" still charged me with the ticket.$87.00
Some of these "welfare mentality" towns expect other people passing through to pay for their town. I say, pay your own taxes, spend your own towns money. Stealing from strangers is wrong and demeans their police department. I pass through Benton still, and will never spend a dime in their town again. I am voting with my wallet!
agreed

Herndon, VA

#17 May 13, 2012
agreed!
remember

Athens, TN

#18 May 13, 2012
Justice Wanted wrote:
<quoted text>
You would think so, wouldn't you? Maybe if it's a real court with actual justice. I got a ticket for 2 miles over in Benton. The Cop admitted he never had training. Couldn't remember where I was in the group of cars or where he pulled me over. The Radar Gun had not been calibrated in a year and the "Judge" still charged me with the ticket.$87.00
Some of these "welfare mentality" towns expect other people passing through to pay for their town. I say, pay your own taxes, spend your own towns money. Stealing from strangers is wrong and demeans their police department. I pass through Benton still, and will never spend a dime in their town again. I am voting with my wallet!
Just quit passing through and spending your money in those towns and they will learn a hard lesson.

I myself rarely get pulled over (once every 7 years or so, no ticket usually) and I drive some rough looking vehicles and look rough myself sometimes.

Maybe you are making yourself a target somehow?
MPH

United States

#19 May 16, 2012
We have to vote out the money hungry officials and put in folks who cut spending. Time to start telling all those rumors about our great city leaders......

Lets hear them.....
Mville

United States

#20 May 18, 2012
Saw the camera un- manned today.... thought that was illeagal?
VOTE THEM OUT!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Madisonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tate n Lyle plant 1 hr Job hunting 1
Jessica ( gorgeous brunette) from dollar gen . 8 hr Amotherof3 8
Easiest girl in niota? Mon EatinattheY 5
Plenty of fish Sun Caution 1
what happened to Hazel HWY 68 "junk lady"? (Apr '14) May 21 Debbie Brown 4
Hiwassee girls who like to play May 20 Kitty kisser 1
News TRDA wants to build golf course on state park (Feb '08) May 17 Tater man 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Madisonville Mortgages