#1 Jan 27, 2013
why do so many people keep quitting ?

“"All gave some, Some gave all"”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#2 Jan 28, 2013
jessica wrote:
why do so many people keep quitting ?
Is this true? I go there several times a year to visit the residents and thank them for there service. The staff there always appear very professional and seem to do a great job. The facility is always very clean. The vets seem happy and well cared for. I would never post names on here but many of the staff I have met have been there for a long time. We owe it to these vets to ensure that they recieve the best care and living arrangements. Please support the W.K.V.C.
jus trolling

United States

#3 Jan 28, 2013
Yeah, huge turnover rate. Try working there and find out they don't appreciate their staff, who haven't gotten a raise in five years. But, you voted the idiot governor back into office.. So if staffing suffers, blame yourselves for that.
--

United States

#4 Jan 28, 2013
The veterans are very well cared for. The nursing staff take pride in caring for those veterans.
Secret Keeper

Owensboro, KY

#5 Jan 28, 2013
I sincerely hope there is no problem there. We need this facility and we need the people who work there. Our veterans deserve to be cared for.

“"All gave some, Some gave all"”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#6 Jan 28, 2013
-- wrote:
The veterans are very well cared for. The nursing staff take pride in caring for those veterans.
If any of the staff happens to be reading this thread I would like to take this oppertunity to Thank You for the job you do. As I said in my earlier post the staff has always been very professional and seem to do an excellent job. It bothers me to think that the people taking care of this nations veterans are not being fairly compensated. I wish there was something I could do to help. I realize words dont pay the bills but if it makes any differance at all, I truly appreciate you and your co-workers. I hope conditions improve for you, our veterans deserve the best, and based on my visits there they are recieving excellent care. Thank You again.
jus trolling

United States

#7 Jan 28, 2013
There is something you can do: vote the gov out of office.
Thankful

Cadiz, KY

#8 Jan 28, 2013
Proud KY Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
If any of the staff happens to be reading this thread I would like to take this oppertunity to Thank You for the job you do. As I said in my earlier post the staff has always been very professional and seem to do an excellent job. It bothers me to think that the people taking care of this nations veterans are not being fairly compensated. I wish there was something I could do to help. I realize words dont pay the bills but if it makes any differance at all, I truly appreciate you and your co-workers. I hope conditions improve for you, our veterans deserve the best, and based on my visits there they are recieving excellent care. Thank You again.
Thank you! Though the pay and the hours are nothing to be desired, and the call ins are hurting all of us including the veterans, it truly is an honor and privilege to care for our veterans.
Jesse

Dunmor, KY

#9 Jan 28, 2013
We need some hot nurses, we need some fat ones, we need to play doctor with them, we need to examine their booty's, we need to give them a chest massage, we need a governmetn program...
jessica

Madisonville, KY

#10 Jan 29, 2013
i dont think upper managemet realizes how physically hard and stressfull that job REALLY is! All of the teammembers i have worked with really do care about the residents but there are a few that talk really hateful to the residents they definately need more help shortage is stressing everyone out there out
in the know

Madisonville, KY

#11 Jan 29, 2013
Oh, it is pretty much a crappy place to work. The admin think they own the place, and forget wee work for the state. There are two levels of employees, like us, who lift and turn and feed and dress and clean residents every day without a raise (I've been there for three years, and have had just one raise and that was my six month raise), and god forbid you try to ask for a day off. And then there is the elite worker who plays noodle ball and show up when they want and are not held to the same standards as the rank and file. Our DON looks like chucky's Mom, but she's at least tolerable. Don't turn your back on the other admin people, though. And for gods sake don't tell anyone about any problems there. One housekeeper got accused of being a liar when she did and quit rather then live a lie. I'm sure that admin will warn us now to not be posting here (even without names) and if they find out who i am I'll be fired. They forget that i have the freedom of speech, which is protected, and they are a govt agency....but they will fire me and claim something else. Shorthanded as we are and every one us pulling max hours and they will still be big brother on this. Well...actually, big sister...
yup

Somerset, KY

#12 Jan 29, 2013
I worked there some years ago and enjoyed my job very much. The pay was good, but being a CNA is the hardest job I've ever had in my life! I ended up working alot of doubles due to call ins, and it was almost impossible to get a day off! I have since found that ALL nursing homes are understaffed, which ends up hurting the residents more than anyone else. I think it should be one of the highest paying jobs in the work world because it requires alot of mental and physical stress on a daily basis. Hats off to the CNA's that hang in there and perform their job topnotch!
concerned

Madisonville, KY

#13 Jan 29, 2013
in the know wrote:
Oh, it is pretty much a crappy place to work. The admin think they own the place, and forget wee work for the state. There are two levels of employees, like us, who lift and turn and feed and dress and clean residents every day without a raise (I've been there for three years, and have had just one raise and that was my six month raise), and god forbid you try to ask for a day off. And then there is the elite worker who plays noodle ball and show up when they want and are not held to the same standards as the rank and file. Our DON looks like chucky's Mom, but she's at least tolerable. Don't turn your back on the other admin people, though. And for gods sake don't tell anyone about any problems there. One housekeeper got accused of being a liar when she did and quit rather then live a lie. I'm sure that admin will warn us now to not be posting here (even without names) and if they find out who i am I'll be fired. They forget that i have the freedom of speech, which is protected, and they are a govt agency....but they will fire me and claim something else. Shorthanded as we are and every one us pulling max hours and they will still be big brother on this. Well...actually, big sister...
Not all the admin. staff is bad. Some are nice and actually care but cant do anything for fear of losing their jobs. but good one on the Chucky's mom quote. HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA
Anon

Dawson Springs, KY

#14 Jan 29, 2013
I love working here. But I can defiantly tell some of the supervisors are know it alls and can do alls. Some co workers are friendly while others carry a stick up their ass.
jessica

Madisonville, KY

#15 Feb 1, 2013
Anon wrote:
I love working here. But I can defiantly tell some of the supervisors are know it alls and can do alls. Some co workers are friendly while others carry a stick up their ass.
you my dear are EXACTLY correct
gemeabrk

Madisonville, KY

#16 Feb 2, 2013
Come on the VC Staff it is the best thing that ever happened in Hopkins Co. So the workers are mad, new housing, short staff. It not only here but it is everywhere. But we need adequate care for our veterans , stop the squabbling, hire some help. Give those guys the service they need and deserve. U are only working against ur self . Help the guys that need it it. I see a formal letter/call to the governors office. And being a old Dawson Springs Alumni I can get thru! Sad u can't settle differences with out side help!
in side info

United States

#17 Feb 4, 2013
Well, lets see...no raises for years, yet cost of living still rises. More call INS mean more work for us and longer days and no help. We have no leadership in the front office, but just a bunch of backstabbing hens who peck everyone to death. We have high standards (which is great) but without dropping from your ivory tower you are of no use to us, and just add to the problem. We have broken equipment, and no communication with our superiors.we can't get time off, and God forbid you should report something because you will definitely be fired. I know one housekeeper that saw some improprieties, and instead of punishing the bad person, they accused her of being a liar, and she quit. I'd quit but I'm attached to the residents, and if quitting makes them suffer, i can't...but i don't know how much longer i can last.
Worried about our Vets

Cadiz, KY

#18 Feb 5, 2013
gemeabrk wrote:
Come on the VC Staff it is the best thing that ever happened in Hopkins Co. So the workers are mad, new housing, short staff. It not only here but it is everywhere. But we need adequate care for our veterans , stop the squabbling, hire some help. Give those guys the service they need and deserve. U are only working against ur self . Help the guys that need it it. I see a formal letter/call to the governors office. And being a old Dawson Springs Alumni I can get thru! Sad u can't settle differences with out side help!
Please!!!!! go ahead and call on our behalf (Nurses and NASR's). As one said if we report anything we get fired or have to quit not to get fired, so any help you can get us would be greatly appreciated. A raise and several promotions are well past due for us. We are and have lost many good nurses and nasr's because of the hours they are demanding and because the pay is no longer one of the best around. Truth is our veterans are the one's who sadly have to suffer because of the lack of staff. We are told "think about the veterans". We (Nurses and NASR's are) but the ones in the front offices are not. Thank you for your help.
shhh

Cadiz, KY

#19 Feb 15, 2013
I wish so bad someone from state would see these post and make a "suprise " visit to the facility so they can see how the higher hands our treating the NASR's. state needs to show up unwelcomed because when they are expected everyone up in the office's tighting there ass holes and put on a fake act some so good they could have a career in hollywood, it makes me sick !!! it is a very hard and time consuming job to be a cna but it is the most awarding job u will ever have and I agree we should be higher paid. The NASR's are busting there ass out there doing twelve hour shifts that we were scedualed and made to do and thats all in good because the veterans come first but I know of alot of people that have called in on the day to work there twelves and nothing has been done to them and it isnt fair to those who go to work and work the extra hours. The residents are the ones who are suffering from short staffing and the call ins dont get me wrong they are taking care of better then i have seen in other homes but if you think about it when we are short staffed and the ones who call in all the time that becomes neglectful on the administrations end because they wont get busy on trying to hire good help and they willingly let the ones who call in all the time get away with it . which in return is neglect because the administration knows who is doing it and wont do nothing about it. please please please someone from state show up for about a week unannounced I promise you . you will be suprised at what you see from the higher hands. hats off to the NASR's . you are not at fault. Administration is.
Britt

Madisonville, KY

#21 Dec 2, 2014
Has working here gotten better? How much do CNA's make here?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Madisonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where do I go to party? 28 min Hit and quit 5
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 1 hr Calhoun for Congr... 944
Wendy, she did it again !!! 4 hr Rattlesnake Pete 4
Just a little curious about you 5 hr Rattlesnake Pete 12
Pray for our police officers 12 hr Those eyes 53
Prostitutes (Aug '11) 13 hr Elk Creek 53
Shoplifter Rachel stealing to make drug money?? (Jun '11) Sat fart 848

Madisonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Madisonville Mortgages