First Prev
of 2
Next Last
oben

Orange, TX

#1 Dec 1, 2010
Biggest Two face in Hopkins County.And a big wimp at the mines. every body laughs behind his back. to his face they just excuse him hahahaha...
ComeOn

Fairfield, IL

#2 Dec 1, 2010
He's the Chief of Nebo FD also and look at what kind of job they do. They let stuff burn down cause they don't know how to do anything right just like Steve Ashby.
l a candy

White Plains, KY

#3 Dec 1, 2010
steve ashby is an awesome man. you are pathetic and lonely and obviously delusional....oh! and lame.
Wimp

Toledo, OH

#4 Dec 1, 2010
I guess real men like you tough guys set around and talk about other men behind your little screen name. I mean, how'd you ever get the courage to say that with no one knowing who you really are. I take it your some little punk with nothing better to do than set around on your lazy ass while that 50yr old goes underground hurting everyday of his life and would probably work you in the ground. How dare you insult him or the fire department, he works full time underground then works for free at the fire dept. I wouldn't know what to call the two of you If he's a wimp and such a bad person. If your so great why don't you volunteer and do something with your life besides talk about someone who does. Post your real names geniuses and maybe you won't look half as pathetic as you are! Oh wait, I bet you won't do that, like you admitted in the first post, you're the two faced one that " laughs behind his back, but to his face just excuse him". Your statement seems a little contradictory if you think about it now huh. Seems If we knew who you were "oben" we could post your two faced and obviously a wimp considering you say all this on here with no one knowing who you are. It will be best for you to stay hidden behind your screen name and keep your opinions to yourself.
Nebo

Sesser, IL

#6 Dec 1, 2010
Well I personally know Steve myself and He is a good man, great husband, awesome father, works his butt off in the mines and does a great job at the fd...
Nebo aces

United States

#7 Dec 1, 2010
Steve is a great man hard worker and wonderful father. Chief running water is too good to ever be spoken about from your mouth. Nuff said
auztn

White Plains, KY

#8 Dec 1, 2010
ComeOn wrote:
He's the Chief of Nebo FD also and look at what kind of job they do. They let stuff burn down cause they don't know how to do anything right just like Steve Ashby.
ComeOn and oben are the same person.
hack

Owensboro, KY

#9 Dec 5, 2010
ComeOn wrote:
He's the Chief of Nebo FD also and look at what kind of job they do. They let stuff burn down cause they don't know how to do anything right just like Steve Ashby.
To judge a fire department by what you think and what you know is pretty ignorant. Have you ever seen a house after a fire that was still standing or not requiring massive overhaul? Taking time out of your day to VOLUNTEER to respond to a fire or medical emergency in it's self should say something. However, in the event that you are uneducated, the STATE does NOT require a city, town, or village to PROVIDE Fire services. To have a fire department you are only required to have 12 members, a working truck with appropriate equipment, and a building to base it out of. Along with trained individuals, who also VOLUNTEER their time to attempt to save your home. So, why don't you get up at 3 am and grab your clothes and your gear, drive 10 miles to the station start the truck get loaded with personnel, and head to the Burning home, and hope it was just a little fire when it started and hasn't spread anywhere. Your looking at a lost cause in most cases, unlike a paid department, you have people leaving their homes, to drive to get the equipment and respond to the residence. So, in my opinion, DONT KNOCK IT, if you think you can do it better. Please, come down and drop off an application and I am sure they would love to have a HIGH SPEED LOW DRAG person like yourself responding to every emergency and fire in the Nebo Fire and Rescue area.

Give me a break. To slam a group of individuals who do their best with what they have, work around family, and their jobs to attend training, they don't get paid for. POINTLESS AND SOUNDS LIKE LITTLE MAN SYNDROME, knock someone down so you feel better about yourself.
ComeOn

White Plains, KY

#10 Dec 7, 2010
I have Seen Nebo Fire Department in action....Oh let me rephrase that. I have seen Nebo show up at a place and stand around and do nothing. I've seen them show up at a house fire with no water on a truck cause it leaked out and the Chief was not smart enough to get the truck repaired. I've seen them try on cut a person out of car on take them over an hour and half to do so. So to say they are all that is way off. You are only as good a the leader and this leadership sucks. Nebo has never had a good department and never will. Steve Ashby is the worst person that could ever be Chief a monkey could do better then him. He has no clue on how to fight fire or what to do once the even get to a fire. One day Nebo FD will get someone hurt of even killed if something doesn't change.
tank

White Plains, KY

#11 Dec 7, 2010
ComeOn wrote:
I have Seen Nebo Fire Department in action....Oh let me rephrase that. I have seen Nebo show up at a place and stand around and do nothing. I've seen them show up at a house fire with no water on a truck cause it leaked out and the Chief was not smart enough to get the truck repaired. I've seen them try on cut a person out of car on take them over an hour and half to do so. So to say they are all that is way off. You are only as good a the leader and this leadership sucks. Nebo has never had a good department and never will. Steve Ashby is the worst person that could ever be Chief a monkey could do better then him. He has no clue on how to fight fire or what to do once the even get to a fire. One day Nebo FD will get someone hurt of even killed if something doesn't change.
hmmm, sounds like you might be holding a grudge towards Steve and the Nebo FD....wonder who this could be?
HolyToledo

Sioux City, IA

#12 Dec 7, 2010
Brother ashby is the man.
Hack

Owensboro, KY

#13 Dec 7, 2010
Nebo Fire Department, and as all departments do, have mishaps, hell, Manitous Fire Department's truck accident a couple years ago killed my best friends WIFE....So, I am sorry that you have a grudge against one man, or the department, however, if you have seen Nebo in action, then maybe you have been on the department and were removed for a reason of some sort, so, now you have to drive a LONG way to be on a different department. How about remembering when you were a green hat and everything was new to you. Leave the man alone. If you KNOW so much about running a department. Then maybe you should step up to the plate brother, drop your name in as wanting to be chief of a department and lay all your credentials on the table. You may get what you want, then take the department in the direction you want it to go. Until then, I say, your blowing smoke from a resentment of some sort. Your wording puts you in the middle of a personal vendetta of sorts, so I assume you and Steve have had issues in the past or even currently. Again, this is an observation. Nebo isn't perfect by no means, and there are a lot of things I see that need attention both equipment and training wise, however, as volunteers, you can't mandate certain training because everyone's schedule is different. And the issue on cutting someone out of the car and taking an hour and a half to do so, there hasn't been a run in Nebo in the last 5 years I know of that ever took that long for extrication, and if you knew a better way to get it done if it did happen, then maybe a suggestion would have made more sense. People are always open for suggestions when it comes to stressful situations, so don't hide in the corner and watch, speak up then tell your reason of doing it this way instead of that way, and I am sure they will hand you the jaws or saws all and get the job done.

let it go, its burning you up inside.
l a candy

Madisonville, KY

#14 Dec 7, 2010
Hack wrote:
Nebo Fire Department, and as all departments do, have mishaps, hell, Manitous Fire Department's truck accident a couple years ago killed my best friends WIFE....So, I am sorry that you have a grudge against one man, or the department, however, if you have seen Nebo in action, then maybe you have been on the department and were removed for a reason of some sort, so, now you have to drive a LONG way to be on a different department. How about remembering when you were a green hat and everything was new to you. Leave the man alone. If you KNOW so much about running a department. Then maybe you should step up to the plate brother, drop your name in as wanting to be chief of a department and lay all your credentials on the table. You may get what you want, then take the department in the direction you want it to go. Until then, I say, your blowing smoke from a resentment of some sort. Your wording puts you in the middle of a personal vendetta of sorts, so I assume you and Steve have had issues in the past or even currently. Again, this is an observation. Nebo isn't perfect by no means, and there are a lot of things I see that need attention both equipment and training wise, however, as volunteers, you can't mandate certain training because everyone's schedule is different. And the issue on cutting someone out of the car and taking an hour and a half to do so, there hasn't been a run in Nebo in the last 5 years I know of that ever took that long for extrication, and if you knew a better way to get it done if it did happen, then maybe a suggestion would have made more sense. People are always open for suggestions when it comes to stressful situations, so don't hide in the corner and watch, speak up then tell your reason of doing it this way instead of that way, and I am sure they will hand you the jaws or saws all and get the job done.
let it go, its burning you up inside.
well said! Steve is the most genuinely good, honest, hard working person I've ever met. HE would never stoop and badmouth anyone, I guess that is what distinguishes him and this person that obviously holds some sort of grudge, probably stemmed from jealousy at some point. ITs pretty clear that seeing that everyone on here has nothing but great things to say about Steve besides ComeOn.
Wimp

Toledo, OH

#15 Dec 7, 2010
A real man wouldn't be hiding on the Internet talking behide peoples back, if you had a problem with the way he does things then come talk to him about it face to face.
oben

Orange, TX

#16 Dec 7, 2010
TUFF , I have worked in the same mines Steve Ashby has for over 11 years now. and I for one know what going in that dark whole of a grave and working till my bones hurt, back pain .and leg cramps. I also have a family to take care of So a Real man has to put up with alot of things in order to make sure he's able to take care of his family.. And at times that means keeping ones mouth shut in order not to get fired due to some little two faced man who has the ideal hes something special. Ive heard talk about this man for years now. Ive listened and seen first hand how he really is.. and thats two faced. as for posting this its my way of letting off steam with out fear of any job being taken from me. if thats the way I can let if off then so be it. deal with it.
oben

Orange, TX

#17 Dec 7, 2010
I can tell you've got a big mouth behind you and thats about it.Have you ever worked underground? or just ran around with the fire department unless you work at the mines then you dont understand a thing Iam talking about here. U think just because a person is on a fire department that they are special. try working in a whole in the ground that will make you a man.
oben

Orange, TX

#18 Dec 7, 2010
Wimp wrote:
A real man wouldn't be hiding on the Internet talking behide peoples back, if you had a problem with the way he does things then come talk to him about it face to face.
A real man has to do a lot of things in order to keep his Job, when he has a family.... if you were a man you would understand that letting off steam is a way to release inside pressures..As for talking to him thats a big mistake. like I said hes two faced.
oh really

White Plains, KY

#20 Dec 7, 2010
oben wrote:
<quoted text>
A real man has to do a lot of things in order to keep his Job, when he has a family.... if you were a man you would understand that letting off steam is a way to release inside pressures..As for talking to him thats a big mistake. like I said hes two faced.
oh so the mature thing to do is start a topic about him on topix...ok bc I figured a REAL man would pull his tampon out and just deal with it, and move on. My mistake!
oben

Orange, TX

#21 Dec 7, 2010
oh really wrote:
<quoted text>
oh so the mature thing to do is start a topic about him on topix...ok bc I figured a REAL man would pull his tampon out and just deal with it, and move on. My mistake!

dealt with many brown nose's in my time.. seems you got a lot to learn..
Holy Toledo

Sioux City, IA

#22 Dec 7, 2010
They have tampons for men now?!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Madisonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I really need your help someone 1 min Skankhunt39 33
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 2 min EVille Ed 963
Shoplifter Rachel stealing to make drug money?? (Jun '11) 5 hr Skankhunt39 851
Sick and don't want to go to Baptist Health, wh... 5 hr Grease Trap 11
Matt Nash 12 hr Sukka free 4
People with no morals and self respect 16 hr Pinkpink 15
Courtney Goodacker 18 hr StorkyStork 4

Madisonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Madisonville Mortgages