Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#21 Jan 28, 2013
happy spending oak grove...and god bless you.
middle

United States

#22 Jan 28, 2013
I have filled out tax forms for 20+ years. There is no possible way of banking 12k in a refund. There is a cap for EIC. FYI. Obama has nothing to do with EIC. And, jealous.... oh no!! I just truly believe that for the most part some of us should be able to keep more of our tax dollars especially when as much as possible is going into retirement funds so that we are still self sufficient in our rocking chair years.
local guy

Paducah, KY

#23 Jan 29, 2013
Keeping our tax dollars isn't the issue. It's people who GET BACK much more than they PAID IN that drives me bananas. I'm low income, work mt as* off and resent those who get huge refunds without earning all that much.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#24 Jan 29, 2013
local guy wrote:
Keeping our tax dollars isn't the issue. It's people who GET BACK much more than they PAID IN that drives me bananas. I'm low income, work mt as* off and resent those who get huge refunds without earning all that much.
most of these have kids and dependents to support or they claim head of household. Also be sure that when you fill out your w-4 form that you do not claim all of the exemptions that you could, it helps at the end of the year when you file..So, try not to bit*h about things unless you study up on the tax laws a little bit.
call it what it is

South Carrollton, KY

#25 Jan 29, 2013
I have to agree with Local Guy on this. "Refunds" have now turned into "freefunds". REfund has the prefix "RE" in front of it. Doesn't that mean in order to get $4,000 or $5,000 out, you had to first put $4,000 or $5,000 in (not just a couple hundred dollars). I am not against refunds. I hope to get one, but getting back more than you pay in is welfare.
Finn

United States

#26 Jan 29, 2013
The EITC is welfare, plain and simple. It is money taken from those of us who actually pay taxes and given to those who have children they cannot afford to support. Personally I think the government should impose a tax on people when they have children. Maybe it would stop the irresponsible from breeding.
wow

Duluth, GA

#27 Feb 3, 2013
Not everyone who breeds is irresponsible they were in a good relationship and then found out he was cheating then got left with two kids and have to support them... if i went out and bought a big screen it would be different but i spend.my entire refund on my children... i put money back for their clothes for that year... and i work and go to school on top of having my kids 99% of the time so the little extra is nice.
really

Madisonville, KY

#28 Feb 3, 2013
No way you can get 12k back what is the most you could get back?
Aim

Duluth, GA

#29 Feb 3, 2013
I paid in over 15,000 and got back 9k not too bad I'd say
middle

United States

#30 Feb 3, 2013
Maximum EIC is 5891 this year with 3 children. To get back 12K a person would have had to pay in 6109 in federal taxes. If a person paid that amount in federal taxes they most certainly would not have qualified for the top amount of EIC because they would have paid 1/3 of their gross salary to the federal government alone. I do not have a problem with someone getting EIC. However, if we in the middle class receive any money, earned or not, we must pay taxes on it the following year. I find it unfair that when a family member of mine passed away, we were taxed on a life insurance policy that only covered half of the funeral expense. If we were in the lowincome bracket EIC would have taken care of that amount tax free.
really

Madisonville, KY

#31 Feb 3, 2013
middle wrote:
Maximum EIC is 5891 this year with 3 children. To get back 12K a person would have had to pay in 6109 in federal taxes. If a person paid that amount in federal taxes they most certainly would not have qualified for the top amount of EIC because they would have paid 1/3 of their gross salary to the federal government alone. I do not have a problem with someone getting EIC. However, if we in the middle class receive any money, earned or not, we must pay taxes on it the following year. I find it unfair that when a family member of mine passed away, we were taxed on a life insurance policy that only covered half of the funeral expense. If we were in the lowincome bracket EIC would have taken care of that amount tax free.
So if the people who make really good money pay that much in taxes they can get 12k possibly?
middle

United States

#32 Feb 4, 2013
The only way to get that much back in the middle income bracket is to have a heck of a lot of deductions. We only get back about a third of what we pay in.
hum per

United States

#33 Feb 5, 2013
this will be the last year of EIC
Glass House

Greenville, KY

#34 Feb 5, 2013
Finn wrote:
The EITC is welfare, plain and simple. It is money taken from those of us who actually pay taxes and given to those who have children they cannot afford to support. Personally I think the government should impose a tax on people when they have children. Maybe it would stop the irresponsible from breeding.
I think that the government and taxpayers should impose Spaying and neutering myself.
Glass House

Greenville, KY

#35 Feb 5, 2013
If everyone in the US changed their W-4 Forms at work to Married and 9, they would give the government a lot less money to spend and put more money in our pocket during the year. Refunds is just the money you overpay.
middle

United States

#36 Feb 5, 2013
Glass House wrote:
If everyone in the US changed their W-4 Forms at work to Married and 9, they would give the government a lot less money to spend and put more money in our pocket during the year. Refunds is just the money you overpay.
And at the end of the year you would be due to pay the rest of the tax money that was not deducted through the year, and if you cant pay in one lump sum, there will be penalties.
Finn

United States

#37 Feb 5, 2013
wow wrote:
Not everyone who breeds is irresponsible they were in a good relationship and then found out he was cheating then got left with two kids and have to support them... if i went out and bought a big screen it would be different but i spend.my entire refund on my children... i put money back for their clothes for that year... and i work and go to school on top of having my kids 99% of the time so the little extra is nice.
The "little extra" comes out of other people's pockets. People who got their educations, got a good job, got married and THEN had children when they could afford to support them. Half of this country pays zero income taxes!! About 40% of that half get back more than they paid in. And people wonder why this country is in such bad financial state. EVERYONE should have to pay taxes!!
Wondering

Beloit, WI

#38 Feb 9, 2013
Aim wrote:
I paid in over 15,000 and got back 9k not too bad I'd say
Actually very bad for you, good for Uncle Sam that got to use your money interest free. You goal should be to be even at tax time or have to pay. I prefer to pay, last year I lad to pay a additional 11,000 which means I got to use Uncle Sam's money free to make myself a little interest. It amazes me go little most people know about personal finance.
Aim

United States

#39 Feb 9, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually very bad for you, good for Uncle Sam that got to use your money interest free. You goal should be to be even at tax time or have to pay. I prefer to pay, last year I lad to pay a additional 11,000 which means I got to use Uncle Sam's money free to make myself a little interest. It amazes me go little most people know about personal finance.
It's taxes, I do not try to come out on top nor do I try to use others money. Then I would be just like the ones people complain about. I pay in extra from my check and use that as an extra safety net when refund time comes around.
uguessedit

Cadiz, KY

#40 Feb 9, 2013
I know several people who claim grandchildren who don't live in thier houshold because thier parents are on disability and don't have to file.So the grandparents claim them and get a huge chunk of dough that they split with the parents of the kids so it's a win win for them,while we get the screws every damn year.What do you think of people who work for cash and only file on the checks they recieve say like 6 or 7 thousand and get back 5 thousand.That's a g'damn outrage.The f'ing system sucks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Madisonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
where the weed at 1 hr Yeah 6
Updates on Alexis 1 hr yesyes 3
Change a Letter game. (Sep '10) 1 hr Livinky 387
GE Aviation Factory Madisonville, Ky 1 hr Mr Brown 33
someone ask fonda 2 hr candy 1
chad greer (Dec '10) 2 hr Pissed 8
Driving under the influence 3 hr yeah 2
Madisonville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web