Eddyville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

I don't understand how people can get a tax refund for more than they paid in, and I don't like it. It's an incentive to not earn much money to get a couple thousand in a refund. If you pay in income tax of $500, the MOST you should be able to get back is $500 no matter your gender, dependants, or race...

“Shoot to protect!!!!”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

I wish that's all I paid in taxes
local guy

Eddyville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Me too... I'm sure my opinion is not popular with those on assistance who look forward to those big refunds to get new I-phones and TV's.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

I'll be thinkin' bout ya bud while i'm watchin' my new television. lol
Brittany

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

You need to take in consideration those of us that work and bust our butts... Don't get food stamps or any assistance through the year and live pay check to pay check! Glad you are fortunate enough to make decent money all year long because who knows I could work harder or as hard as you do through the year for less money... And I went to college and paid for it I do all that I can through the year!!! Just need some luck to find a better job! And by the way I look for new opportunity to find another job!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Have you checked into it hun are you not asking for help cause of pride or is it that you do not qualify. I would suggest looking into it because if your barely making it pay check to pay check it sounds like you quilify. If you make below 20k a year, you probably qualify for some sort of help..just sayin

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

now if your making 30k or more a year and barley making it pay check to pay check, I'd say you need to be a little frugal with your money. Maybe try buying used instead of new and try that for a year, maybe build up a little nest egg..just saying
Getknowledgeable

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Brittany wrote:
You need to take in consideration those of us that work and bust our butts... Don't get food stamps or any assistance through the year and live pay check to pay check! Glad you are fortunate enough to make decent money all year long because who knows I could work harder or as hard as you do through the year for less money... And I went to college and paid for it I do all that I can through the year!!! Just need some luck to find a better job! And by the way I look for new opportunity to find another job!!

I dnt get EEIC, not b/c I make to much money, b/c my children are grown, however, I agree with you.
I did when they were younger. Not everyone is beating the system. Older ppl worked and some by misfortune of death to their loved ones or the economy also now get benefits, b/c all their money goes on medical. I hope all these rich ppl never find themselves in this situation. If they do let's hope they can handle the situation. For you Brittany, I hope you can get everything you need out of the system. Sounds like you deserve to, keep your head held high and do what you must.
local guy

Eddyville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

I have no problem with a person who is struggling to make get back every dollar they pay in. My issue is when they get back MUCH MORE than they actually pay in.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Getknowledgeable wrote:
<quoted text>
I dnt get EEIC, not b/c I make to much money, b/c my children are grown, however, I agree with you.
I did when they were younger. Not everyone is beating the system. Older ppl worked and some by misfortune of death to their loved ones or the economy also now get benefits, b/c all their money goes on medical. I hope all these rich ppl never find themselves in this situation. If they do let's hope they can handle the situation. For you Brittany, I hope you can get everything you need out of the system. Sounds like you deserve to, keep your head held high and do what you must.
I agree
hum per

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

redistribution of wealth is all it is
thats right

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

I agree. I know somebody who paid in $500 but us getting back $4000. And somebody who paid in over $5000 and is only getting back $1800. It just doesn't seen fair and we wonder why the debt is what it is. If I have to pay taxes that's fine but paying them so they can give them back to someone else is ridiculous!!!
Jesse

Cadiz, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

We need a refund, we need a tax credit, we need a bonus, we need a provision, we need a government program...
middle

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Oh is that what we call it, redistributing the wealth???? I call it screwing the middle income!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Call it what you want...the majority of yaw voted him in again...lol
Cookie Monster

Madisonville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

The idea behind this is to boost the economy. They know they're not going to invest this money; they're going to spend it back, which increases revenue, which increases taxes for those who benefit from the tax checks being spent at their business thus going back to the government. If everyone who received EIC banked it, you'd bet your bottom dollar the benefit would stop! They know that won't happen though. It's a win-win now.
Bitch stole my look

Madisonville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

It's designed to boost the economy. The government knows the recipients of the EIC is not going to bank this money or else they would cut it out. The way it works is they give this money to those earning less (who would be less able to go out and buy that big screen TV), thus upping the business's revenue which increases the taxes paid back in so the government re-coupes this money, the business profits increase and you have that big screen TV. It's a win-win-win.
Bitch stole my look

Madisonville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Wow, I didn't think my first one showed up so I blessed you twice with my thoughts :)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Ahh..Nortonville, hadn't been there in a while..God bless Nortonvillians..
Pretty

Oak Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Aw y'all steady jealous

I'll be having fun with my 12 k refund from kids.

Soooosweet

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

20 Users are viewing the Madisonville Forum right now

Search the Madisonville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Jared Oldham AKA Batman 1 hr Ky bound 3
Bobby thorp engaged again 1 hr Plzzzzz 9
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr Zeitgeist 146,732
Olivia Son (Nov '13) 2 hr Mitch 24
Haystak 3 hr Train wrecK 11
just remember 3 hr Train wrecK 5
hopkins county fair pageant (Aug '10) 3 hr Train wrecK 59
•••
•••
•••
•••

Madisonville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••