First Prev
of 2
Next Last
kykracker

Owensboro, KY

#1 Jan 21, 2012
Heard GE is screwing up hiring process yet again , only a select and I mean select few (minority) had early access to online application process . This place sounds like a joke who would want a job out there anyway , it probably won't last much longer anyway !!!!!!!!
Charlie Murphy

Madisonville, KY

#2 Jan 21, 2012
You have no sense of grammar. Why would you use anyway twice in the same sentence? This makes me believe that GE denied you're application due to the simple fact that you cannot communicate effectively. In other words, you sound incompetent; good luck finding a job you tard!
who_knows

Dunmor, KY

#3 Jan 23, 2012
Only a select few people get hired there because no one leaves i dont work there but i almost got hired as a co op and im pretty sure its is a good place to work. not just anyone can work there you must have skills in the field to even be considered and so many people want the jobs there hard to come by.
Christie

United States

#4 Oct 8, 2012
I am upset as I know several people who have completed the Test, interview and orientation then GE consults make some kind of excuse about dates not matching from jobs years ago? Seriously people don't remember the exact dyes and that doesn't mean they aren't good workers. These people passed everything, it's a shame GE is passing up these people telling them they have a job then after they inform their current job they will be leaving when GE calls to only get an email your dates didnt match so your disqualified. Do this before getting people's hopes up! Sad sad!
Allen

Benton, KY

#5 Oct 8, 2012
Christie wrote:
I am upset as I know several people who have completed the Test, interview and orientation then GE consults make some kind of excuse about dates not matching from jobs years ago? Seriously people don't remember the exact dyes and that doesn't mean they aren't good workers. These people passed everything, it's a shame GE is passing up these people telling them they have a job then after they inform their current job they will be leaving when GE calls to only get an email your dates didnt match so your disqualified. Do this before getting people's hopes up! Sad sad!
When did this take place?
in the know

Madisonville, KY

#6 Oct 8, 2012
Becky Lingo is the HR person. She only reviewed the first few applicants not ALL that applied. Also, she did give a heads up t the minority because she is really being watched by the minorities. She implemented a diversity group but there are NO whites in the group.
She also has intentionally kept two of their recent co-ops from getting hired because she "didn't like them". Legal is watching her VERY closely. She has had more integrity violations reported against her than ANY HR person EVER.
It is me

Somerset, KY

#7 Oct 8, 2012
You don't think it has anything to do with the FACT that Becky Lingo is married to a black man and has black children , do you!!!! Well, yes, yes it does.
In the know

Madisonville, KY

#8 Oct 8, 2012
Her husband is white. Her ONLY daughter is adopted. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.
Get The Facts Right

Madisonville, KY

#9 Oct 8, 2012
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>When did this take place?
This did not happen. There was a script that was read to each person. I was one that read it. People ASSUMED and clearly didn't listen to what was said but instead heard what they wanted to hear.
It is me

Somerset, KY

#10 Oct 8, 2012
I clearly do I work there and not as a contracter have for years so ask your friends on the cleaning crew or are you a security gaurd. lmao
Get The Facts Right

Madisonville, KY

#11 Oct 8, 2012
Ha!! Neither. I'm in the facility too. I work directly with Becky and we have all eaten out together often.(Entire family) You must be a union member with your eyes closed to reality.
Get The Facts Right

Madisonville, KY

#12 Oct 8, 2012
The cleaning crew is ridiculous. They think that they know everything but they are only told things to see if it will get spread around...
Get The Facts Right

Madisonville, KY

#13 Oct 8, 2012
Christie wrote:
Wait I do remember this.... It boiled down to being honest. There was a lie/misrepresentation on the application and it wasn't a small discrepancy. The app didn't ask for exact dates it asked month/year. The person clearly tried to make their app more appealing and got caught.
It is me

Somerset, KY

#14 Oct 8, 2012
Get The Facts Right wrote:
Ha!! Neither. I'm in the facility too. I work directly with Becky and we have all eaten out together often.(Entire family) You must be a union member with your eyes closed to reality.
Rite I believe that. ROFLMAO
IUE CWA all the way and proud, you wish you were

Doesn't your day start at 7 facility
Get some rest, bahahaha
smucker

United States

#15 Oct 9, 2012
If only a select few minority's got early access to applications, wouldn't that be discrimination? Are you saying only the smart minority's got special treatment?
Get The Facts Right

Madisonville, KY

#16 Oct 9, 2012
Sadly yes, she does play favorites Tim the minority. It is wrong . I think the union was created for fundamental reasons but the union has been out lived. Just like right now there are people on the floor with their phones out.... Yeah my day officially starts at 7 but I get here a hell of a lot earlier to. Make sure I do my job.
The workers have no repercussions for not oil lowing the rules and that is one of the reasons that GE Madisonville is suffering.
We both know people who abuse the unionized system.
Real Facts

United States

#17 Oct 9, 2012
You threw "unionized" in there but there are proportionately the same number of salaried folks that spend their day screwing off. Also with no repercussions.
Get The Facts Right

Madisonville, KY

#18 Oct 9, 2012
That cannot be denied and all should have repercussions. If there were more accountability out here then the plant do wouldn't be anywhere near where it is.
Trish

Somerset, KY

#19 Oct 9, 2012
Get The Facts Right wrote:
Sadly yes, she does play favorites Tim the minority. It is wrong . I think the union was created for fundamental reasons but the union has been out lived. Just like right now there are people on the floor with their phones out.... Yeah my day officially starts at 7 but I get here a hell of a lot earlier to. Make sure I do my job.
The workers have no repercussions for not oil lowing the rules and that is one of the reasons that GE Madisonville is suffering.
We both know people who abuse the unionized system.
So..... your playing on Topixs on company time??????
Get The Facts Right

Madisonville, KY

#20 Oct 9, 2012
Do not even go there. You should know that is the difference in salary and hourly. I work 15hrs a day.. Aren't you the co-op that would leave several times a day to go smoke on company time?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Madisonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thou hast spoken 24 min Lord have mercy 54
Friday Night Live equals rain 3 hr BRO 3
Summer fun at Grapevine Lake 3 hr Lord have mercy 44
Jamantha Lutz 4 hr Poo Doo 2
CARRIE SMITH arrested again (Sep '12) 5 hr Fish 60
C Horribly 15 hr Hunter 6
Pennyrile Gymnastics or Todds Academy (Jan '12) 15 hr Czech eye 20

Madisonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance