Pcos: polycystic ovarian syndrome

Posted in the Madisonville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wifey

Bowie, MD

#1 Nov 5, 2011
Anyone have info on it or diagnosed with it & having fertility issues?
I have it

Bowling Green, KY

#2 Nov 5, 2011
Yes. I have it. It's very painful. I knew something was really wrong when I was hurting so bad and nauseated. I had a cyst rupture. I had ultrasounds of my ovaries and all that, I was diagnosed with PCOS. My doc put me on oral contraceptives to help with the cysts and pain. It's helped. The fertility part, I don't know about. I'm not trying nor will I try to have kids but I'm very sure that your fertility is significantly lower than a person without PCOS. Good luck and I hope everything turns out good for you!
Wifey

Bowie, MD

#3 Nov 5, 2011
I have it wrote:
Yes. I have it. It's very painful. I knew something was really wrong when I was hurting so bad and nauseated. I had a cyst rupture. I had ultrasounds of my ovaries and all that, I was diagnosed with PCOS. My doc put me on oral contraceptives to help with the cysts and pain. It's helped. The fertility part, I don't know about. I'm not trying nor will I try to have kids but I'm very sure that your fertility is significantly lower than a person without PCOS. Good luck and I hope everything turns out good for you!
Thanks me & my hubby have tried 2 yrs havent been on bc in like 3 or so yrs mayb it will balance my hormones idk but it def. depresses me that i havent concieved yet
keep the faith

Washington, DC

#4 Nov 5, 2011
I have pcos and only one tube and I'm 18 weeks pregnant. Don't give up keep trying. If it's gods will it will happen. If not there r plenty of kids that would love a home. :-)
true

Madisonville, KY

#5 Nov 5, 2011
i have it. im sterile from it. the doctor recommended in vitro, but that wasnt for me. i treat it with birth control. there are options, and dont worry about conceiving.
Wifey

Washington, DC

#6 Nov 7, 2011
Thanks ya'll it sometimes gets hard to deal when we want a baby & i want to expirence child bearing so bad it has to be a miracle to feel your baby move & know that its growing who it will look like & i just want that expirence we've talked bout invitro but no gurantee it works & the expense it. Even seein prego ppl i kno makes me sad cuz i want tht feeling & to make a family with the man i love. Idk if my weight is an issue but i have so much trouble losin it vuz i feel hungry all the time
know how you feel

Bowling Green, KY

#7 Nov 7, 2011
I also have pcos. My husband and I tried for over two years with no luck. My gyn put me on Clomid but it made the pcos go crazy and they had to pull me off of it. I then heard about taking the diabeties medication (metformin) for fertility. I am not a diabetic and my gyn did not believe in this helping me so I switched gyn doctors. I found a gyn that did prescribe me metformin and within 1 month I was preganant. I now have 3 children and I believe that metformin helped me concieve the first two. Also I had taken oral contraceptives for years for the pain. I no longer take them I just take metformin I have no irregular periods or pain anymore due to this drug. I am so thankful that someone told me about the fertility studies on metformin. I hope you have good luck with this if you decide to pursue it.
Wifey

Washington, DC

#8 Nov 7, 2011
Thanks i pray every night for god to bless us with a child i just feel like im stuck in mommy mode idk if my weight is the issue or not
Wifey

Washington, DC

#9 Nov 7, 2011
Does anyone truly think weight can be an issue?
wellI

Madisonville, KY

#10 Nov 7, 2011
Its said that losing 10 to 15 percent of your weight can help if you have pcos. I have pcos and take birth control and metformin to treat it. I am going to stop the birth control soon to see if it will help me become pregnate. I desperatly want a baby!
know how you feel

Bowling Green, KY

#11 Nov 7, 2011
Before I went on Metformin I also lost 20 pounds on Adkins. I still did not get pregnant until I started Metformin. Loosing the weight can't hurt so I would try that also. It will probably make you feel better while you are pregnant.
keep the faith

Washington, DC

#12 Nov 7, 2011
Ask bout phentermean I was on that b4 I got pregnant and I lost 30 pounds and bout a month after i stopped taking it is when I got pregnant.
Wifey

Bowie, MD

#13 Nov 8, 2011
I did take the phentermine b4 & i lost bout 40 lbs b4 i met my hubby 2 yrs ago & i sorta doubled my weight aftr we got married which isnt hard to do with pcos & what dr do most of ya'll see with this & has anyone have indo on IVF & had a auccessful turn out? Price ? Or even percentage of if it'll take & what dr dies it? Sorry for all the ?'s i just tryin to find out opitions & the best road to take with this
know how you feel

Bowling Green, KY

#14 Nov 8, 2011
In my opinion I would at least try the metformin before you do IVF. Insurance usually covers the metformin because they just assume you are using it for reasons other than fertility. The IVF is so much more expensive. My cousin did IVF and she ended up spending about 20,000 after it was all said and done. She had to do the IVF several times before she actually got pregnant. I know a few people that have tried IVF and did not get pregnant. Clomid cost me a little but the Metformin only cost me $10.00. I am glad someone told me about it before I went down the IVF road.
Wifey

Bowie, MD

#15 Nov 8, 2011
Yeah the only thing is i had to cut my hrs at work & i dont have insurance anymore but im confused on what to do for my first trie atep is it birth cntrl & get in shape or str8 to the medicine ? So confused
know how you feel

Bowling Green, KY

#16 Nov 8, 2011
Only you can make that decision of course. I will tell you that walmart does have the metformin on their $10 a month rx list. That might help you with the cost.
Wifey

Washington, DC

#17 Nov 9, 2011
Thank you so much for helping me this stuff is so hard to deal with & knowin im 20 & have fertility issues hurts alot of my friends tht i graduated with already have a baby or got married & had 1 the first yr of tryin & her me & my hubby hard havin a hard time :(
know how you feel

Bowling Green, KY

#18 Nov 9, 2011
You are very welcome! Good luck and try not to stress or give up :)
idk

Madisonville, KY

#19 Nov 9, 2011
Yeah i just found out I had this the other day..... but weight gain? No I dont believe that to be true bc im like 115. I have no kids and i guess thats why. Unfortunately, i would like some oneday. Is this a serious matter with being not fertile? I def believe it lowers it. it says like 1 out of every 10 have this.
Wifey

Washington, DC

#20 Nov 10, 2011
It is the number one cause of in fertility but it eill eventually cause weight gain becuz i use to be very small & that chnged when i got diagnosed within 2 yrs but they can give u meds to help with it but it doesnt go away unfourtantley

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Madisonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
selfie king and queen 10 min Tattooed guy 12
child molesters,rapist 31 min Ring Master 35
animal abuse wow! 49 min Ring Master 28
woman guard fired at jail 59 min Ring Master 44
women who cheat on their husbands 1 hr Ring Master 44
Change a Letter game. (Sep '10) 2 hr Doug77 750
paige mooremiller 4 hr rick 11
Madisonville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web