Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81700 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#73640 Oct 28, 2012
DontCare wrote:
<quoted text>Una, it's great seeing regulars such as yourself, Miss E. and Roaming promoting positivity despite the twit negativity and hate we have to deal with.
Good Morning
Just call me inspirational !
Abeliever

Campbellsville, KY

#73641 Oct 28, 2012
Hi Nope, Ancient Wolf, Hempburn, Saragon, lala, and all the other decent folks posting. I am amazed how all that mock the earthquake report find the large 7.1 in Canada so fascinating all of a sudden. Wow, what need to post and warn others what is going on around the country or the world. Or a need to be prepared for disasters. There is no paranoia in being prepared for anything. However, thanks NOPE for posting that info. Here is somemore:

Forest / Wild Fire

Event date: 27.10.2012 04:38:56
State: State of Kentucky

Earthquake:
State of Louisiana Area: Bayou Corne and Grand Bayou areas, Assumption Parish

A sharp tremor was recorded by USGS monitors just after 9 p.m. Wednesday at the site of the giant Louisiana sinkhole in Assumption Parish. The giant sinkhole appeared in August near the Bayou Corne and Grand Bayou areas. The Assumption Parish Police Jury says the tremor was large enough that the body wave phases could easily be identified. A body wave travels through the interior of the earth. The preliminary location of the tremor was just SE of Oxy #3 cavern at a depth of 500m. There is no additional information specific to this seismic activity at this time. The sinkhole is now about four acres in size. Residents were forced from their homes on August third, two months after the bayous started bubbling. They are still evacuated from their homes.

Oklahoma
Magnitude: 3.1

Tsunami
Hawaii, Alaska, California, Oregon, Washington

http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php...

Check out the map of activity with both coast getting hammered.
Abeliever

Campbellsville, KY

#73642 Oct 28, 2012
Minor earthquake rattles Los Angeles

The US Geological Survey says the 3.9 magnitude quake struck at 8:24 a.m. PT Sunday.

LOS ANGELES A minor earthquake has rattled Southern California, shaking buildings in downtown Los Angeles.

The US Geological Survey says the 3.9 magnitude quake struck at 8:24 a.m. PT Sunday and was centered about 5 miles east-southeast of Santa Clarita, Calif.

Shaking was felt across the Santa Clarita Valley, in downtown Los Angeles and in West Hollywood.
There were no immediate reports of damage or injury.

http://news.msn.com/us/breaking-minor-earthqu...
Abeliever

Campbellsville, KY

#73643 Oct 28, 2012
Disaster-proofed homeowners aren't worried about Sandy

Sometimes called "preppers", this particular kind of safety-conscious homeowner is becoming more and more prevalent in today's anxious and storm-tossed world.

http://t.news.msn.com/us/disaster-proofed-hom...

You can never be too prepared for anything.

I hope all your loved ones are in safe areas. I am off for the afternoon and evening to do shopping with sisters and dinner at O'Charley's. Hope you have a great day/evening. I may not post if I get in too late, so unitrolls have at it.

Out of here to enjoy the rest of the day and night. Hope you enjoy yours. Life is GOOD.:)
Funny

Chesterfield, MO

#73648 Oct 28, 2012
Is this about birds falling??
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#73649 Oct 28, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok Toots and Scruff, your animals are acting weird because the two of you are acting weird. You are worrying to much over magnipoots and stuff like that.
Wrong...I am not worrying at all. What will be will be and is in the hands of the Creator.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#73650 Oct 28, 2012
I just got back from most all day at Church. My childhood congregation moved from the older building where they began worshipping over 60 years old.

They started out at the old church, and marched (those that could) one mile across town to the new location and finished up there. Quite inspirational. The choir went by horse drawn wagon and sang all the way. A parade of cars followed, including me and the dog LOL.

Community people that did not even go to that church were standing along the route passing out bottled water and candy kisses and well wishes.
The Parade went by the local Christian and Methodist churches and their congregations came out on the sidewalks with hurrahs and waves. It was nice to see such community harmony.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#73651 Oct 28, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I just got back from most all day at Church. My childhood congregation moved from the older building where they began worshipping over 60 years old.
They started out at the old church, and marched (those that could) one mile across town to the new location and finished up there. Quite inspirational. The choir went by horse drawn wagon and sang all the way. A parade of cars followed, including me and the dog LOL.
Community people that did not even go to that church were standing along the route passing out bottled water and candy kisses and well wishes.
The Parade went by the local Christian and Methodist churches and their congregations came out on the sidewalks with hurrahs and waves. It was nice to see such community harmony.
Must have been beautiful. Such support is a rarity these days.
lol

United States

#73653 Oct 28, 2012
So

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#73654 Oct 28, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I must say Scruff, that was very nice. Good fellowship. Reminds me of those all day dinners and to do's on the ground. LOL. I'm glad to hear that good reoprt.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#73655 Oct 28, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong...I am not worrying at all. What will be will be and is in the hands of the Creator.
That's the way I feel on that subject also.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#73657 Oct 28, 2012
The inner turmoil is great,, Walking Dead, and Dexter come on at the same time.
Imposter

London, KY

#73658 Oct 28, 2012
Hempburn wrote:
The inner turmoil is great,, Walking Dead, and Dexter come on at the same time.
No kidding, not to mention the snack dilemma...potted meat and crackers or crackers and peanut butter?
Pardon me, but wold you have any grey poupon ?
Ashley

Manchester, KY

#73659 Oct 28, 2012
yummy

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#73660 Oct 28, 2012
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>No kidding, not to mention the snack dilemma...potted meat and crackers or crackers and peanut butter?
Pardon me, but wold you have any grey poupon ?
Crackers and Peanut butter!
<<wink>>
DontCare

Frankfort, KY

#73661 Oct 28, 2012
Getting ready to watch some horror flicks, "I Spit on your grave" and "The Swamp Thing." I love Halloween.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#73662 Oct 28, 2012
LOL! That spit on your grave movie is SO old, lol. You've planned such a good way to spend the night!!

I grew up on old black and white horror flicks. My Dad worked 11 to 7 shift at his second job, so my Mom would take us to the drive in. "The Twin" drive-in, up in Cincinnati was our Friday night "haunt". Pun intended, hehe.

I saw ALL of the Frankenstein, King Kong, Mummy and Werewolf movies ever made back then. Lon Chaney, Bella Legosi, ALL THE GOOD ONES!! What great times they were! My sisters and I with Mom, a thermos of coffee for her and another one with hot chocolate for us. It was such a blast!

Oh my word, I just remembered "The Blob", "House on Haunted Hill", "The Thing", "House of Wax'.... ROFLMBO!!

Have a great night, DontCare! Wish I could watch them with you.

(Have popcorn and Cheeto's, will travel)?

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#73663 Oct 28, 2012
Another long day. Will watch the birds again tomorrow.
country hick

Danville, KY

#73664 Oct 28, 2012
more birds fell today
Abeliever

Campbellsville, KY

#73666 Oct 28, 2012
Giants World Series Champs....whew, don't have to watch baseball anymore...football I can take it or leave it, no big fan, waiting on BASKETBALL, mostly UK WILDCAT Basketball and all our previous players throughout the NBA.:) Watched some NASCAR today, not much but long enough to see Jr. get 3rd and then Jimmy Johnson burning rubber. Not much in between, playing cards and having fun at the Sunday family get-together with a bunch of sports nuts. I love these kind of days.

It was chilly outside when out talking to the smokers. Wow, just get on to winter already. I can't whine too much looking at all the East and West coast mess, as well as the snow already in other parts of the country. Got to love Kentucky's weather, it could go either way, Northern or Southern weather. We get pretty Lucky in Kentucky (love that shirt).

Sure hope those people have supplies and generators. People thought WE were nuts when we all put together those survival kits and grab and go bags almost 2 years ago debating/researching about what killed the BIRDS, but like I said many times then and now, they sure will think of us when the SHTF, be it weather, earthquake, EMP, solar flares, etc happens. It's not IF it will, but WHEN it does. We will have the last laugh for all the naysayers and mockers out there. Better to be prepared for anything. That should just be common sense to me. Don't take a rocket scientist to figure that out, just paying attention to the earth, animals, and worldwide news. Mock if you must.

Along with the regulars still posting, THANK YOU to our lost posters who left when we were invaded by slander, juvenile and foul comments. Especially A Soldier, Hicky, Prepper, Watch, Peace, LSD923 and JPF/OJG. That was some awesome debates and list we came up with. Wish they would come back.

Glad you all had a cozy night watching horror flicks, there were enough on all channels. I love the old ones best. Less shock and gore. We will do ours' Tuesday night while making treats/supplies for the senior center and women's shelter (lots of kids). We have a blast doing them and watching scary movies. lol

Ancient Wolf, I am so happy you were able to make that history of the Church. I knew you would. I love the community love. I have witnessed it a lot myself, there is nothing like it. Would never live in a big city. Want to live around people like that forever. As you and a few others know my activities in the community you know what I mean. Keeps you grounded and reminded there are a lot of GOOD people in the world. What a great way to spend Sunday.

Hi Nope, lala, Hempburn, Imposter and the other nice posters, hope you enjoyed your day.

Not hanging around for nonsense. I hope all your families and friends in the path of Sandy are okay.

I am off to dreamland. Life is GOOD. I am grateful.

Goodnight!:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Madisonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Moving here. 3 min Game time 9
Where did Gregory Rodgers go? 8 min tube-sock 4
Olivia Son (Nov '13) 15 min Game time 46
Vaginal disease outbreak 31 min Game time 3
Tod Hill at it again 1 hr Doo Tail 7
Local ADHD case found on train tracks 4 hr Nezz album 1
Mentally misfit 5 hr Nezz album 1

Madisonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance