Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81771 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#73608 Oct 28, 2012
Well, now they're saying that wave of 10 to 11 feet are expected to hit the Hawaiian Islands. Whew.

And now "Frankenstorm" is pretty much mapped out. Those people up there are in for a rocky ride...

I love the beach, but you couldn't pay me enough to live on the shoreline. Not even for a completely free piece of beach-front property, I'd just sell it and peel. I'd be afraid to loose everything to a storm.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#73609 Oct 28, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Hi, AW!
My animals were ALL acting weird today, like I said earlier. Hope it's just that your little critter just needs to go out to poo??
Mine all went out a little bit ago and did their thing, but didn't poke around and do some sniffing like they usually do. There were in get'er done mode, period. Quick out, quicker back in.
I sure hope somethings now brewing around here too.....
He is not so full of it that he needed to poo from 1 to 4 am LOL I think he just slept too long by the fire yesterday.

Location hidden

#73610 Oct 28, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
He is not so full of it that he needed to poo from 1 to 4 am LOL I think he just slept too long by the fire yesterday.
HAHA! Bless it's heart. So you've been stirring for a while already too, I see? LOL! I'm going to go dump this pot of decaf I made and put on some leaded. Thought I might try to go back to bed, but it's looking doubtful, roflmbo!!

Be back in a couple minutes....
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#73611 Oct 28, 2012
I am not a beach person either. I survived
two hurricanes back in the 60s. I don't care for hot sun mixed with sand. I prefer a small mountain stream through a shaded and wooded terrain.

Well my dog has quieted down, so I will try to get in a few more zzzza.

Location hidden

#73612 Oct 28, 2012
Take care. Hope to do the same here, zzzz wise that is. But it'll probably be a while yet.

Later!

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

#73613 Oct 28, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Well, now they're saying that wave of 10 to 11 feet are expected to hit the Hawaiian Islands. Whew.
And now "Frankenstorm" is pretty much mapped out. Those people up there are in for a rocky ride...
I love the beach, but you couldn't pay me enough to live on the shoreline. Not even for a completely free piece of beach-front property, I'd just sell it and peel. I'd be afraid to loose everything to a storm.
Where do I find info on the wave to hit the Islands?

Location hidden

#73614 Oct 28, 2012
If you can, turn to the Weather Channel right now on T.V.

They are showing live feed from the islands, waiting for waves to come in. It's not expected to be horrific, but somewhere in the neighborhood of 9 feet.

Location hidden

#73615 Oct 28, 2012
Oddly, there are people gathered near the beaches, waiting to see what's coming in. They've got more guts than I do.

Location hidden

#73616 Oct 28, 2012
CNN is also covering it. Said that the buoys out at sea are detecting pretty high waves at this time. The waves are just now coming in, albeit slowly for now, but it doesn't look really bad either from what I can tell.

They have night vision cameras feeding live stream.

It was a 7.7 quake off of Canada, and the islands are pretty much at the bullseye for wave activity.

Crossing my fingers for everyones safety over there.....

Location hidden

#73617 Oct 28, 2012
Here is a pretty nice site for gathering information from weather detecting/wave height buoys out at sea.

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/

“Hopping around Topix”

Since: Nov 08

On The Highway To Hell

#73618 Oct 28, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Here is a pretty nice site for gathering information from weather detecting/wave height buoys out at sea.
http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/
Hi Nope it`s good seeing you :) cause it`s been a while and Thanks for posting that info cause I hadn`t heard anything about it!!

Location hidden

#73619 Oct 28, 2012
Hi Wabbit! How the heck have you been?

You're welcome by the way for the info. I couldn't sleep so I got up, and there it was... I was scared for a while for the people out there, but even the homeless on the beaches of Hawaii have been warned and moved to safety. The waves aren't as big as expected, so they may lift the warning in a couple of hours or so. Nature may just allow the islands remain safe today.

The thing I wonder about are the aftershocks from western Canada. Hope there are no shakes stronger than the actual quake that hit hours ago...

Location hidden

#73620 Oct 28, 2012
By the way, here is a live link t.v. news in Hawaii, if you'd rather watch on-ine and avoid those stupid commercial interruptions on the Weather Channel. I'm watching on-line and turned the Weather Channel off. Those commercials got on my last nerve:
http://livewire.kitv.com/Event/LIVE_updates_o...

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#73622 Oct 28, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Hi, AW!
My animals were ALL acting weird today, like I said earlier. Hope it's just that your little critter just needs to go out to poo??
Mine all went out a little bit ago and did their thing, but didn't poke around and do some sniffing like they usually do. There were in get'er done mode, period. Quick out, quicker back in.
I sure hope somethings now brewing around here too.....
Ok Toots and Scruff, your animals are acting weird because the two of you are acting weird. You are worrying to much over magnipoots and stuff like that.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#73624 Oct 28, 2012
Watching my sunday morning fly fishing shows and enjoying a good cup of java. Looks like a good day to spend in the billiard room, the birds are not even moving this morning. Windy, rainy and cool is not a good combo for birding.

Have a good one,,,,, Trolls, not so much.
Mcblackard

Huntington, WV

#73625 Oct 28, 2012
Harrp is killing the birds.
gal

United States

#73626 Oct 28, 2012
Mcblackard wrote:
Harrp is killing the birds.
When played wrong it is annoying instrument
DontCare

Frankfort, KY

#73627 Oct 28, 2012
Good Morning to all the regulars and decent posters. Cold Sunday morning outside with fall now in full force. It's halloween week, I plan on getting my horror flick grove on plenty this week.

Beautiful, just beautiful..........

Good posters and regulars have a good day, Twits........I don't think so.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#73628 Oct 28, 2012
gal wrote:
<quoted text>
When played wrong it is annoying instrument
It's not annoying when played by Andreas Vollenweider.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#73629 Oct 28, 2012
Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>It's not annoying when played by Andreas Vollenweider.
Ok. I love Andreas Vollenweider. I have been listening to his amazing music since college years (25 years)
His use of non traditional instruments is amazing and his music can take you on a mental journey.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Madisonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Forbidden Fruit!!!! 36 min mee 213
Golden Corral supposed to be build behind new M... 57 min FISH 48
Dubunking The Walmart Myth 1 hr FISH 16
Kratom 1 hr FISH 9
Better life 2 hr FISH 13
America Needs Westboro Baptist Church 2 hr FISH 2
hopkins county law enforcement RAT list 2 hr Really Tho 92
More from around the web

Madisonville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE