First Prev
of 2
Next Last
WTF

Spirit Lake, IA

#1 Jun 15, 2011
From isurfhopkins.com :

Maggot Found in Local Restaurant Meal

HOPKINS COUNTY, KY – On Tuesday evening, June 14, two Madisonville residents were dining in a local restaurant when the wife noticed movement in her food.

The couple, who have requested anonymity, were dining at the La Casa restaurant at 3295 Hanson Rd when they noticed the movement on her plate. The wife told iSurf News that upon closer inspection she found that a maggot was crawling from her Enchilada. According to the couple, they left the restaurant shortly thereafter and contacted the Hopkins County Health Department.

iSurf Reporter Luke Short was dispatched on Wednesday to the restaurant where he spoke with the acting manager, Jaime Delapaz, who was present during the incident.

The following is the transcript of the conversation between Mr. Short and Mr. Delapaz.

“Did you know about the report of a maggot being in your food, or have you found out where it came from?” asked Short.

“I don’t where that came from. That’s the thing; I check the kitchen each day. I went in the kitchen last night and checked all the food and everything. I’m surprised. I checked the food and everything was fresh you know,” Delapaz replied.

“Have you done anything specific to try and figure out why that may have happened?”

“This animal, he comes sometimes in the green peppers—in the vegetables,” stated Delapaz.

“What comes in the green peppers,” asked Short.

“Sometimes this animal, he comes out of the green peppers. You know, it’s sometimes. It’s not all the time you know. I check it last night and everything was OK. I’m surprised,” said Delapaz.

“You said that sometimes you find a maggot in the green peppers,” asked Short.

“Yes. Sometimes they are in the peppers,” Delapaz said.

“Do you clean that off, or do you throw it away,” Short inquired.

“Yeah, I clean it off or maybe throw it away. I’m making sure that everything is okay, you know. The Health Department comes here. He checks everything, you know, there’s sometimes a little problem, but that’s different. It’s not that there’s ever anything to make him think something,” Delapaz responded.

“What would you tell customers who are worried,” Short asked.

“I would tell my customers,‘I’m sorry. I don’t know where it coming from.’ Truly, I don’t want none of these problems,” said Delapaz.“I check it this morning, each plate, and made sure everything is okay. I don’t know where this came from. Anybody can come out here and check out my kitchen. It’s okay.”

iSurf News is currently awaiting the follow-up information from the Hopkins County Health Department on this case.

iSurf News
Interview performed by Luke Short
Gross

Owensboro, KY

#2 Jun 15, 2011
Barf!
kjnakrtu

Pineville, KY

#3 Jun 15, 2011
That's really gross, but it could happen anywhere. Unless it becomes a regular thing, I wouldn't worry about it. I never eat La Casa anyway. El Braceros is soooo much better!
just guessing

United States

#4 Jun 15, 2011
Not a maggot, an animal that comes in in the green peppers sometimes. According to the mgr.
Jordan

United States

#5 Jun 15, 2011
I know not to go there now...
WTH

Madisonville, KY

#6 Jun 15, 2011
The story was disgusting and funny! I liked how Luke Short the reporter wrote exactly the way the manager spoke! This animal....hahaha! I'll never eat at Lacasa again!! Ewwwwww
liustngkt

Pineville, KY

#7 Jun 15, 2011
Last I checked, a maggot is an animal. Go back to 1st grade science class.
Oh well

Ripley, TN

#8 Jun 15, 2011
Unfortunately this sort of thing happens all the time. If it wasn't La Casa it would have been somewhere else. Think about the nasty conditions present in the other restaurants in this county. Just because this one in particular went public doesn't mean that it was any worse than any previous case.

Since: May 11

United States

#9 Jun 15, 2011
Lmao, it is funny how he wrote it!!! I loved reading it even though it was gross, i don't really eat out much anyway but k wouldn't eat there again, nothing against them, just after reading this i would be paraniod. I am sure it's not just this resturant though, it probobly does happen in all of ghem. This year has been really bad for pests anyway, i have noticed alot of mosquitos and flies. I really hate the flies. I think maggots come from the flies so it may have came in on the peppers and we will probobly see more of it. It may not become this public because most owners would say "no comment" i'm sure. At least this one did admit it. He at least sounds like an honest guy. They don't toss those peppers but they wash them or whatever.... lOL!!!!
Dude

Carmi, IL

#10 Jun 15, 2011
Thats just another incident that has happened there in the last 2 months. They scored an 82 on there health inspection a month or so ago and found that the chips they bring out for appetizers, were being saved and reused!!
just guessing

United States

#11 Jun 15, 2011
liustngkt wrote:
Last time I looked, maggot was the larva of the fly. Isn't the fly an insect?
JRJ

Bowling Green, KY

#12 Jun 15, 2011
just guessing wrote:
<quoted text>
Last time I looked, maggot was the larva of the fly. Isn't the fly an insect?
As any fifth grader would know, all life is split into five kingdoms, animalia(animals), plantae(plants), fungi, protista(algae-like organisms), and prokaryota(bacteria). And last time I checked, a fly is neither a plant, nor a mushroom, pond scum, or bacteria. Read up on your classifications....I'm sorry to say but friend, you are NOT smarter than a fifth grader. Find a new gameshow.

As for the story, I just read it and I don't believe it. The woman in question stated she noticed "movement in her food". Delapaz said sometimes they come in the green peppers, although the green peppers are cooked in the process of making enchiladas. Insect larvae can't survive very high temperatures at all, and even if it was in the food, it certainly wouldnt be moving after being cooked.
WTH

Madisonville, KY

#13 Jun 15, 2011
liustngkt wrote:
Nahhh, but thx anyway!
Mexican Places

White Plains, KY

#14 Jun 16, 2011
One rarely sees a Mexican restaurant go out of business - cheap labor in the kitchen being paid by the day (no state taxes, no city tax, no social security, no comp. etc) Many pay by the day not by the hour around $50 for 10 hour days work and they speak little to no English. Not sure if this is the case with Casa, but very very common for many Mexican and Chinese places. Not sure if illegals in back being paid a low wage could play in overall health standard? However, in tight times as govt needs more tax revenue if the govt. would go around do random checks during busy periods at Mexican and Chinese resaurants write down the name for every employee in building and ask to see a copy of last few cancel payroll checks from company records - state, city and federal govt would be collecting a lot more in taxes....
whatever2011

Dunmor, KY

#15 Jun 16, 2011
its messed up how u ppl behave its like u have never heard of a rest having issies...have u ever seen how food dust center runs? Honestly its alot WORSE...and as for making fun of a guy trying very hard to speak correctly thats messed up on so many levels but hey go for it:) I answer to god like everyone else...so I try to be a gd person...try to shy away from being evil and cruel!!!!
reckless journalism

Madisonville, KY

#17 Jun 16, 2011
WTH wrote:
The story was disgusting and funny! I liked how Luke Short the reporter wrote exactly the way the manager spoke! This animal....hahaha! I'll never eat at Lacasa again!! Ewwwwww
The manner in which the manager is quoted oozed ethnocentrism. Completely unacceptable journalism.
Metoo

Owensboro, KY

#18 Jun 16, 2011
Would it bother you to know they have failed their health inspection in the past? And that their scores are usually pretty low? Reckless journalism.... Look it up.

Since: May 11

United States

#19 Jun 16, 2011
whatever2011 wrote:
its messed up how u ppl behave its like u have never heard of a rest having issies...have u ever seen how food dust center runs? Honestly its alot WORSE...and as for making fun of a guy trying very hard to speak correctly thats messed up on so many levels but hey go for it:) I answer to god like everyone else...so I try to be a gd person...try to shy away from being evil and cruel!!!!
LOL, honey i am not racist or maing fun, my children are mixed!!! My English is far from perfect and i lived here my entire life. I did however find that it was funny that the journalist would write it that way. They usually twist stuff around. I also found it odd that the owner admitted it and actually didn't lie about it or say no comment..... I know resturants are filthy and i rarely eat in them. I had a family memeber who worked in a Hardee's before and they reused everything, just put it in a freezer in the back. They also served food that had been dropped on the floor. I'm sure every resturant has their flaws.
thatisthat

Pflugerville, TX

#20 Jun 16, 2011
reckless journalism wrote:
<quoted text>The manner in which the manager is quoted oozed ethnocentrism. Completely unacceptable journalism.
I know Jamie personally, and that's exactly how he speaks. Did you want Luke to rewrite his replies?
JRJ

Bowling Green, KY

#21 Jun 17, 2011
thatisthat wrote:
<quoted text>
I know Jamie personally, and that's exactly how he speaks. Did you want Luke to rewrite his replies?
The poster was referring to the manner in which the journalist repeated the same question to place emphasis on his use of the world animal. It was deliberately pointing a finger as substandard english, which I see no point in considering how few Americans can say they speak a second language.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Madisonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cheating coal miners 4 hr Curious 1
Man trying to hide divorce from wife 4 hr Wow 3
Chris Toney 5 hr Yod 26
Why do blacks rape white women? (Jan '11) 5 hr ChicagoIsGarbage 74
Trolls 6 hr King 1
Ready to move on 7 hr Lol 6
Owensboro 10 hr Jesus 2

Madisonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance