employment

Madisonville, KY

#1 Feb 5, 2011
Any one every went through the WIA program?
life is grand

United States

#2 Feb 5, 2011
I'm finishing up through the WIA program now
TIN

Madisonville, KY

#3 Feb 5, 2011
What did you have to have to get approved. Do you have to score high on the TABE test?
bright eyed

Madisonville, KY

#4 Feb 5, 2011
It was nt important about the tabe test at first to get approved and draw benefits for wia program. But in time Tabe test would have to be I think its 9 over all?
life is grand

Pineville, KY

#5 Feb 5, 2011
Only qualifications are why you are entering the program and the training program you enter. You have to choose a major that they have considered in demand. I entered by being a displaced worker due to job layoff, and i chose a BIS degree in leadership and commerce. You should call and make an appointment to talk to them. They do look at the TABE test but I do not believe there are minimum qualifications. My worker gave me a check list of the things I needed to obtain. If you are interested, you should inquire so that you can be ready to go for fall semester. I got my associates with financial aid and then was laid off so WIA is paying for my Bachelors. You have two years to obtain your degree through the program. It's a great program and very helpful. The workers are located in the Jobnet building across from IAC
employment

Madisonville, KY

#6 Feb 5, 2011
Thanks! Who was your worker? Are you doing your bachelors on line? So you got your aa while being laid off and drawing unemployment? or did you run out of your unemployment?I know land o frost requires 10 score on every subject.
life is grand

United States

#7 Feb 5, 2011
employment wrote:
Thanks! Who was your worker? Are you doing your bachelors on line? So you got your aa while being laid off and drawing unemployment? or did you run out of your unemployment?I know land o frost requires 10 score on every subject.
I got by AAS while I was still working. The layoff allowed me to e qualified foe the WIA program. I only didn't work for 6 months. I probably would have made it a year on unemployment. My BIS is online through Murray online. They do offer a few on campus classes here at MCC.
life is grand

United States

#8 Feb 5, 2011
employment wrote:

My worker is JC Thomas. He is very helpful
2013-its time

Madisonville, KY

#9 Feb 5, 2011
Where was you laid off at? So are you drawing UE while on the wia program? So you was nt required to have a tabe test at a certain score. What was your score on tabe test? I scored low on tabe test. Who is your wia worker?
employment

Madisonville, KY

#10 Feb 5, 2011
I scored low on my Tabe test too? who was your worker? i was laid off a auto liv. Dose it depend on who you was laid off from?
life is grand

Pineville, KY

#11 Feb 5, 2011
employment wrote:
I scored low on my Tabe test too? who was your worker? i was laid off a auto liv. Dose it depend on who you was laid off from?
I was laid off from Trover Clinic. I started the program and was drawing U/E while on the program. You are still required to job search. I did have to take the TABE test. I scored high on the test. It does not matter who you are laid off from, but it does matter why. You will have to also take the Compus test in order to enroll in college though.

I have recently been laid off again and continue in the program drawing U/E.
Out in the cold

Somerset, KY

#12 Apr 10, 2012
Get all of the information about the job/career you are trying for, especially the demand in your area for what you are wanting to study. About halfway through my 2nd semester I wanted to change majors (machine technology) for something I had more interest in and more demand for in my area (medical), and for the fact alot of people were telling me that there were no programing jobs and that at best I would wind up with some crummy low paying machine opperators job. I was told that WIA already had to much money invested in me and that they would stop assistance if I switched majors and that I should finish with the CNC. I completed the associates degree, even made the deans list a couple of times but for all that effort it turned out to be a waste of time and taxpayer money. So choose wisly otherwise you'll be back to flipping burgers like me again.
I know

United States

#14 Apr 13, 2012
I'm enrolled in the W.I.A. program for the medical field and I think it's a big help considering I'll be making over $20 an hour after graduation! If you do get in W.I.A. it needs to be for the healthcare field and nothing else unless you want to be paying back money for loans and flipping burgers....
LMAO

London, KY

#15 Dec 10, 2012
Definitely stay away from CNC at KCTCS. Many employers will not hire students from there due to the bad ( or lack there of )training they receive, and as for the counselors at wia, I just wonder if they get a kick back at the local level to claim its such a high demand field because after I completed the training I asked "Where is it in such high demand ?". The response was "I dont know".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Madisonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Men Who Are Soft 1 hr Garth 13
david jackson for mayor 4 hr Oompaloompa 23
Bradley Drake 16 hr Nessa 2
Kesha @ Workout Anytime 20 hr Citizen 2
Best nursing home for my family member Mon Spanky 12
Local Politics Do you approve of David Jackson as Mayor? (Sep '12) Mon Truth 42
Why is jenista such a w*ore? Mon Shetrashy 1

Madisonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance