Family

United States

#1 Dec 8, 2012
A family dollar store going in downtown in madisonville really? Is that really the best place for this type of store.
plainer

Madisonville, KY

#2 Dec 8, 2012
they are already in town by kmart close to the mall and by marketplae on south main. so what is your point?
memyselfi

Madisonville, KY

#3 Dec 8, 2012
I think it's a retarded place to put it. Downtown is going to lose it's look, historical look. This town is just going down the drain slowly.....
Family

United States

#4 Dec 8, 2012
My point is that they are building a new family dollar downtown. I dont think the downtown area is the place to put this type of store. I am fine with them building a new store but it just doesn't fit the downtown look.
Traffic

Dawson Springs, KY

#5 Dec 8, 2012
Did anyone think about the traffic? How many accidents will happen right there? Bad place to much traffic!
Well

Madisonville, KY

#6 Dec 8, 2012
Actually years back, there used to be a Family Dollar store in the downtown area bedside Ferrels. I see no problem with having one centrally located and as far as traffic, they should get plenty of business as that us a high traffic area.
Wow

Madisonville, KY

#7 Dec 8, 2012
where are they putting it?
Mr Helper

Cadiz, KY

#9 Dec 8, 2012
This will not technically be in the "downtown" area, downtown is bordered by Arch to the north, Broadway to the south, Franklin to the east and Seminary to the west.

Glad I could be of help
Thinks

Cadiz, KY

#10 Dec 9, 2012
Well there are obviously other businesses right there. What's the difference?? I think it's fine.
bill

Charleston, WV

#11 Dec 9, 2012
Family wrote:
A family dollar store going in downtown in madisonville really? Is that really the best place for this type of store.
no
Terrible

Madisonville, KY

#12 Dec 10, 2012
Well there is already a tattoo shop on main that is nasty inside so what harm could a family dollar do??
Agree

Madisonville, KY

#14 Dec 10, 2012
Terrible wrote:
Well there is already a tattoo shop on main that is nasty inside so what harm could a family dollar do??
Yes and they need to close that place down, can't believe they haven't already
bittersweet
#16 Dec 27, 2012
well when are they suppose to have it up and going they really been expanding walgreens hucks little cesars got up and going quickly. what all going to be in the mini mall across from the YMCa btw
bill

United States

#18 Dec 29, 2012
Nothing will be in the mall by te Y. Its been 5yrs building it owner died and never finished it...It is just going to rott now.
bittersweet
#19 Dec 30, 2012
well aint that a whoopen it really had potential...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Madisonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ready to move on 3 min Cheat 2
Owensboro 1 hr Jesus 2
Breaking my Heart 2 hr haha 9
Quality Pizza 4 hr TomatoLivesMatter 7
Chris Toney 5 hr Yod 24
Jones bros atv park opening April 16th (Apr '11) 5 hr Johnny 3
Show someone JESUS Today! (Sep '16) 7 hr Sister in christ 278

Madisonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance