New Rape Pregnancy Law
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
RAPE ALERT MUST READ

Providence, KY

#1 Jan 24, 2013
New Mexico State Representative Cathrynn Brown has intoduced a bill that should it become law New Mexico rape victims would be charged with a felony sent to prison for three years if they fail to carry their pregnancies to term. Because it would technically be "destroying evidence" a woman who was raped in the state of New Mexico would be charged with a crime even if she left the state and got an abortion in another state or in a foreign country. That would apply even to a woman who was not a resident of New Mexico but was raped while passing through the state.
Gross

Somerset, KY

#2 Jan 24, 2013
RAPE ALERT MUST READ wrote:
New Mexico State Representative Cathrynn Brown has intoduced a bill that should it become law New Mexico rape victims would be charged with a felony sent to prison for three years if they fail to carry their pregnancies to term. Because it would technically be "destroying evidence" a woman who was raped in the state of New Mexico would be charged with a crime even if she left the state and got an abortion in another state or in a foreign country. That would apply even to a woman who was not a resident of New Mexico but was raped while passing through the state.
This will never be approved. Republicans continue to prove they are unfit to run this country, outrageous. No way the Democrats would approve such a ridiculous law

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2013/01...
Life no matter what

Kuttawa, KY

#3 Jan 25, 2013
The U.S.A. will not regain the favor of God until this amendment is made part of our Constitution and strictly enforced:

Section 1. Neither the United States nor any State shall deprive any human being, from the moment of conception, of life without due process of law; nor deny to any human being, from the moment of conception, within its jurisdiction, the equal protection of the laws.

Section 2. Neither the United States nor any State shall deprive any human being of life on account of illness, age, or incapacity.

Section 3. Congress and the several States shall have the power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.
The Mighty

Clarksville, TN

#4 Jan 25, 2013
There is now way to know for sure when life begins. The government should have no right to say what a woman can or can't do with her own body. If you do believe that getting an abortion is wrong then dont get one. Dont expect others to share your own personal convitions.
my opinion

Owensboro, KY

#5 Jan 25, 2013
In my opinion life begins at conception. However, my beliefs are my own. I know people who have had abortions for different reasons and feel no differently toward them whatsoever.

That being said, I do not fing it legally or morally "right" that someone in an office somewhere (be it man or woman) should be able to make a law about MY body and MY baby.

If a woman chooses to get an abortion in the case of rape, there is still DNA evidence in the products of conception that can prove/disprove paternity.
Life

Central City, KY

#6 Jan 25, 2013
The Mighty wrote:
There is now way to know for sure when life begins. The government should have no right to say what a woman can or can't do with her own body. If you do believe that getting an abortion is wrong then dont get one. Dont expect others to share your own personal convitions.
Your argument is exactly like the one that the pro-slavery people used against the abolitionists. The defenders of slavery said, "If you don't want to own slaves, fine don't. But don't tell me that I can't own them."
Lol

Somerset, KY

#7 Jan 25, 2013
Life wrote:
<quoted text>
Your argument is exactly like the one that the pro-slavery people used against the abolitionists. The defenders of slavery said, "If you don't want to own slaves, fine don't. But don't tell me that I can't own them."
So it's not ok to have slaves but it's ok to make women slaves to the law? Telling a woman what she can and can't do with her own body is no different than slavery
Food for thought

Paducah, KY

#8 Jan 25, 2013
Lol wrote:
<quoted text>
So it's not ok to have slaves but it's ok to make women slaves to the law? Telling a woman what she can and can't do with her own body is no different than slavery
There is a real dilemma here, a moral paradox that cannot be solved. Freeing a slave did not kill the slave's master. It just deprived him of the money that he had paid for the slave and of the slave's labor that he expected to get for that investment. Forcing a rape victim to give birth to a rapist's child arguably enslaves her to the rapist, at least for 9 months. However, freeing the woman by aborting the fetus kills it.
think about this

Orange, VA

#9 Jan 25, 2013
What about the fact that after the baby is born the mother will have to deal with her rapist for another 18 years until the child is of age. She shouldn't have to be reminded of that horrible incident if she don't want to.
Mohican

Hawesville, KY

#10 Jan 26, 2013
What about the fact that you guys who think abortion is a good thing are slaves to you Lord Satansat and you are helpless but to speak what your Lord Satan puts into your minds and mouths and what he chooses to type through your wicked blood stained fingers.
Strange thinking here

Paducah, KY

#11 Jan 26, 2013
think about this wrote:
What about the fact that after the baby is born the mother will have to deal with her rapist for another 18 years until the child is of age. She shouldn't have to be reminded of that horrible incident if she don't want to.
Are you saying that a rapist has or should have the same legal rights to visitiation, etc. as any other father?
think about this

Orange, VA

#12 Jan 26, 2013
If he wants to stand up and care for his child limited visitation should be allowed. Even if he did rape the woman that child is still just as much his as it is hers.
think about this

Orange, VA

#13 Jan 26, 2013
Mohican wrote:
What about the fact that you guys who think abortion is a good thing are slaves to you Lord Satansat and you are helpless but to speak what your Lord Satan puts into your minds and mouths and what he chooses to type through your wicked blood stained fingers.
You believe what you want. I do not believe in god or satan. I believe in science and fact. Not some thousand year old make believe storybook.
Disturbed

Schaumburg, IL

#14 Jan 26, 2013
Life wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a horrible analogy!! What a woman does with her body is no comparison to making people slaves. I hate that there is so much emphasis on abortion among our government. I think this shouldn't be a political issue... Period! Spend that focus on getting more money back in my pay check or more jobs back into the economy.

Since: Sep 08

Neon City Oh.

#15 Jan 26, 2013
RAPE ALERT MUST READ wrote:
The only way a woman would have access to an abortion is to admit NOT being raped.
GOP always looking out for the rapists.
F L OnN

Tucker, GA

#16 Jan 26, 2013
Extreme situations result
in extreme solutions
Hope you are not serious

Eddyville, KY

#17 Jan 26, 2013
think about this wrote:
If he wants to stand up and care for his child limited visitation should be allowed. Even if he did rape the woman that child is still just as much his as it is hers.
Where did your sense of moral right and wrong come from, reading John Norman's "Gor" novels?
Paver

Eddyville, KY

#18 Jan 26, 2013
WDRussell wrote:
<quoted text>
The only way a woman would have access to an abortion is to admit NOT being raped.
A lot of laws end up having unintended consequences. I bet this is one that the people who favor this bill did not even thought of. I thought the bill was grotesque but I didn't think of this potential side effect.

Thanks.
maxey

United States

#20 Jan 26, 2013
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard, she is stupid
Shade of Gray

Madisonville, KY

#21 Jan 26, 2013
I've noticed something in this argument:

Nobody has really defined what rape is (and is not).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Madisonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Marriage (Nov '16) 1 hr Truth 17
Missing you 1 hr Truth 7
Know this one? 5 hr Indeed 2
It's all about me! 7 hr Truth 8
private basketball lessons 18 hr bballislife 1
add a word drop a word (Jan '12) Sun So_da_lish_us 1,413
can someone give me their experience receiving ... (Feb '14) Sun Supports1569 31

Madisonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Madisonville Mortgages