42431 WalMart Black Friday Walk Out.

Posted in the Madisonville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Bangor

Hawesville, KY

#1 Nov 16, 2012
We support the Madisonville Wal-Mart workers who will be protesting by walking out on November 23 and our prayers will be with you and your families.
RumorStarter

Dunmor, KY

#3 Nov 17, 2012
That's funny. You know nobody believes you. You're ridiculous. Our Walmart is going to be Black Friday Awesome, as are the workers.
jmpr

Madisonville, KY

#5 Nov 17, 2012
people need their paychecks here, i doubt they will walk out
Jesse

Dunmor, KY

#6 Nov 17, 2012
We need jobs, we need dems to secure the jobs, we need libs to help the economy, we need the Pelosi Plan, we need a government program...
Bangor

Hawesville, KY

#8 Nov 17, 2012
jmpr wrote:
people need their paychecks here, i doubt they will walk out
And WalMart needs employees and after enough employees walk out WalMart will then get the hint and start giving pay raises and some overtime hours. And will shut down for at least 12 hours each holiday so employees can properly tend to the more important needs of their families.
Hostess

Somerset, KY

#9 Nov 17, 2012
And start making Cupcakes and Twinkies

By Golly Wally
half pint

United States

#11 Nov 17, 2012
All of the emlpoyees at the ideals have to work thanksgiving and christmas. I think all businesses should be closed until after four pm if they have to be ope
jmpr

Madisonville, KY

#13 Nov 17, 2012
people need gas and misc other things. so somebody has to be open
Pooter

Dunmor, KY

#14 Nov 17, 2012
jmpr wrote:
And there is always that sack of shit Atheist that's happy to do it. LOL
Jumper

Morgantown, KY

#15 Nov 17, 2012
They'll all get fired.

Other people are waiting for a job.

Sad,but what can you do?
Hostess

Somerset, KY

#16 Nov 17, 2012
Pooter wrote:
<quoted text>

Thanksgiving is not a religous holiday. And because someone has no work does not make them atheist. Sometimes you do what you have to do. No Wally world does not have to be open , I don't think giving people time off for family on holidays would bankrupt them. But it is their call, it is what makes them the employer and the people who work there the employee, But in this day of people wanting a free ride, don't bad mouth the ones that HAVE to work!!!!!!!!

“Power To Overcome”

Since: Oct 12

Chicago

#17 Nov 18, 2012
Pooter wrote:
<quoted text>
And what belief are you, so high and mighty, to slur, judge, and insult the beliefs of others. I'm sure the Atheists would be more than happy to provide a necessary service to all those people who wish to have the gas to reach their families and the food to feed them. I'm sure they'd be just as happy as any Christian who follows the example of Jesus and the Apostles, dropping their personal lives to follow Him and do His work, providing food and healing to those who need it.
oh well

Madisonville, KY

#18 Nov 18, 2012
I agree that it stinks to work on holidays. I've done it before - my spouse does it all the time. Its sad.

But at the same time, we were asked at our interviews if we were available for holidays and we said YES.

Nobody expects you to LIKE working on holidays, but at the end of the day, you agreed to it.

If you really want to put a stop to this, walking out is not the answer. Refuse to patronize businesses in the first place! Don't go shopping on Thanksgiving, don't participate in Black Friday, don't go see a movie that opens on Christmas Day, don't visit a buffet on Easter, get your gas a day early, etc. If the places can't make money, they'll close their doors. Its simple.

Then they won't even have to ask their employees if they are available for holidays in the first place.

Don't blame the employers on this one. Blame the sheep who can't wait 24 hours to buy something needless like yet ANOTHER television set, or don't feel like cooking their own meal, or just HAVE to go see a movie, so forth and so on.
pignutt

Paducah, KY

#19 Nov 18, 2012
jmpr wrote:
People can learn to plan ahead. DUH !!
Pooter

Dunmor, KY

#21 Nov 18, 2012
Hostess wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanksgiving is not a religous holiday. And because someone has no work does not make them atheist. Sometimes you do what you have to do. No Wally world does not have to be open , I don't think giving people time off for family on holidays would bankrupt them. But it is their call, it is what makes them the employer and the people who work there the employee, But in this day of people wanting a free ride, don't bad mouth the ones that HAVE to work!!!!!!!!
Hey dummy. Just stating that Atheists don't care about the holidays. The only one that matters is Halloween. Otherwise, they'll work straight through. Way to go off on a tangent. You made no sense.
Pooter

Dunmor, KY

#22 Nov 18, 2012
Cade Foster wrote:
<quoted text>
And what belief are you, so high and mighty, to slur, judge, and insult the beliefs of others. I'm sure the Atheists would be more than happy to provide a necessary service to all those people who wish to have the gas to reach their families and the food to feed them. I'm sure they'd be just as happy as any Christian who follows the example of Jesus and the Apostles, dropping their personal lives to follow Him and do His work, providing food and healing to those who need it.
Typically, Atheists are more than happy to slur ANYBODY that has a religion. Just stating the obvious. The holiday season is just another day to them.
snipe hunter

United States

#24 Nov 18, 2012
Not going to happen.
All knowing

Madisonville, KY

#25 Nov 18, 2012
Pooter wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought it was funny lol
Just Saying

Houston, TX

#27 Nov 18, 2012
I say let them walk out.
I hope Wal-Mart fires them.
They were not entitled to the job that Wal-Mart gave to them. Wal-Mart needs to set these unappreciative whiners straight and send them packing. They can find someone that wants to work.
It's simple. If you don't like working for Wal-Mart, quit.
seriously

Dunmor, KY

#28 Nov 18, 2012
oh well wrote:
I agree that it stinks to work on holidays. I've done it before - my spouse does it all the time. Its sad.
But at the same time, we were asked at our interviews if we were available for holidays and we said YES.
Nobody expects you to LIKE working on holidays, but at the end of the day, you agreed to it.
If you really want to put a stop to this, walking out is not the answer. Refuse to patronize businesses in the first place! Don't go shopping on Thanksgiving, don't participate in Black Friday, don't go see a movie that opens on Christmas Day, don't visit a buffet on Easter, get your gas a day early, etc. If the places can't make money, they'll close their doors. Its simple.
Then they won't even have to ask their employees if they are available for holidays in the first place.
Don't blame the employers on this one. Blame the sheep who can't wait 24 hours to buy something needless like yet ANOTHER television set, or don't feel like cooking their own meal, or just HAVE to go see a movie, so forth and so on.
Couldnt have said it better myself!!!! This is so true.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Madisonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
It's mine 14 min memyselfi 4
Blayde Weaver (Sep '11) 2 hr old school mommy 10
he wants to be a hells angel (Jul '11) 3 hr Dave518 182
Oh but I know 6 hr girlalwaysforgotten 70
Any place to get help with Back to School Suppl... (Jul '11) 14 hr Silent observer 60
pwl 15 hr tina 42
North American Tour 15 hr Bluecollar 2

Madisonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Madisonville Mortgages