Lancaster County dog-shooting case going to trial

Champ Brian J. Girouard shot his neighbors' dog. On that much everyone -- the police, the prosecutor, the judge, the neighbors and Girouard himself -- agree. Full Story
Bill

York, PA

#1 Jan 30, 2010
If he was in the house there was no danger to him or the family at that time. He should have stayed in the house and called the police about the dog and left them handle it.
MCP

York, PA

#2 Jan 30, 2010
Yikes! What a shame--especially for Champ. May he RIP.

It is terrifying to me that our neighbors may be carrying guns and using them when their lives aren't even in danger.(Seriously, the shooter reported that he got everyone safely inside, then went back outside simply to shoot the dog. WTH?!?)

The incident is absurd and I hope that the shooter is punished to the fullest extent of the law.
marlin

York, PA

#3 Jan 30, 2010
I am very sorry about your dog!
But.....it is up to YOU to keep your pet
safe and under control on your property.
One can never assume anything with a pet.
I wasn't there, I don't know what happened,
but it is up to a pet owner to always know
what their pet is doing. About like having
small children.

Since: Oct 09

York, PA

#4 Jan 30, 2010
Poor Dog .
Our family owned 5 boxers while I was growing up and they were all the sweetest loving dogs .
I think this man really over reacted .
Once he was inside he should have stayed there . This fact blows his case of being in any danger .
He killed this dog for no good reason .
peace
nikki

New Freedom, PA

#5 Jan 31, 2010
I am an animal lover, had all sorts of animals growing up and have cats and a dog at present. I can testify to the fact that PEOPLE are stupid about their animals. I walk my dog almost daily. My dog is a rescue dog. There is a leash law in the community I live in however some people choose not to abide by it, so dogs will go out of the yard and come onto the street to confront me and my LEASHED dog. My dog barks and then the unleashed dog will come at me. I cannot tell you how many near dog bites I have avoided by kicking, yelling and actually spraying pepper spray. All of this because of irresponsible pet owners. Several times I have had to run to get away. I don't think it was right to shoot the boxer but I can certainly understand the frustration of the shooter. Next time use pepper spray.( before anyone says anything I did read the dog"escaped" a fenced yard. I also read this wasn't the first time so the owners knew there was a problem. The owners share part of the blame. Sorry that is how I feel. The person I feel sorry for is the child that witnessed the bloody dog. I would hope if they get another dog, the fence will be fixed or they will get a small less menacing dog.)
friend

Manassas, VA

#6 Mar 28, 2012
I know Brian and he wouldn't just kill a dog to kill it. The dog owners should be responsible. The dog was growling and attacked and all he did was protect himself and his family.
Jabez Wilson

Boynton Beach, FL

#7 Mar 31, 2012
Who cares if some stupid Irishman got shot.

Pale freckled white trash dog.
jimmy

Murfreesboro, TN

#8 Mar 31, 2012
friend wrote:
I know Brian and he wouldn't just kill a dog to kill it. The dog owners should be responsible. The dog was growling and attacked and all he did was protect himself and his family.
What did the dog do fo him to shoote the dog.Was this brian mam just wanted to . kill the dog for the hell of it.I once new a man and he hated animals and he kill forthe fun of it.[people like that should be put away.Im a animal lover my self.
Jabez Wilson

Davenport, FL

#9 Mar 31, 2012
They ought to put these dumb Irishmen down when they get too drunk.

Stupid Micks, stumbling naked into their daughters' bedrooms at 2:30am with their pants down around their ankles.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Madisonburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
a.m.briefing (Apr '09) Feb 12 been there done that 4
Sheri Williams Nov '14 Skips 1
Review: Wendy's Oct '14 Heart broken 1
clean Sep '14 silent 4
Police investigate threat to Central York High ... (Jul '14) Jul '14 somaaa 1
A girl who looks like me (Jun '13) Jun '13 alexandra 2
Who do you support for U.S. House in Pennsylvan... (Oct '10) Jul '11 weeeeeeeeeeeee 5
Madisonburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Madisonburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:12 pm PST

ESPN 1:12PM
Steelers hope Polamalu retires, source says
Yahoo! Sports 1:48 PM