First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Commission

United States

#1 May 11, 2010
Who is going to run against Mickey Brown for the next Boone County Commission Spot?

“Do unto others before”

Since: Apr 10

They do unto you

#2 May 11, 2010
he's been in office too long.we need a canidate to run.
Soccrmom

United States

#3 May 11, 2010
Commission wrote:
Who is going to run against Mickey Brown for the next Boone County Commission Spot?
what exactly does he do ? What is his function?
How does he control money . how could he help the county? Does he help the county and when is that election?

“Do unto others before”

They do unto you

#4 May 11, 2010
he is a commissioner for boone co. so he does, at least in theory, controll 1/3 of the money.yes i know it takes 2 of the 3 to get anything approved but still you have the good ole boy club.

“Do unto others before”

They do unto you

#5 May 11, 2010
you people have a right to know whats going on in your county.you can request minutes from their meetings, and ask how and where your tax dollars are going.
What a joke

Beverly, NJ

#6 May 11, 2010
Ole' Rickey Boggs is gonna run against Mickey Brown in two years. I mean doesnt it make sense to have someone in charge of county finances that can't even handle the fincances of the golf course. Sounds like a fabulous idea to me...yeah right!

“Do unto others before”

They do unto you

#7 May 11, 2010
isn't boggs and stollings good buddies?
Soccrmom

United States

#8 May 11, 2010
mr goodwrench wrote:
isn't boggs and stollings good buddies?
Jennings miller's spot is up for election in a few as well.
say what

United States

#9 May 11, 2010
Mickey Brown would beat Rickey Broggs all over this county! just like Al Halstead did with Archie Hubbard!! haha! Way to go Al!
to whom it may concern

United States

#10 May 11, 2010
Yes when that election comes around.......I know some incumbents that will be sitting at home!!!!!!!!!!
Friend of Coal

Charleston, WV

#11 May 12, 2010
What has Mickey Brown done other than reject a deal that Boone Co. buy the golf course? The people should overwhemingly re-elect the man based on that alone. The County Commissioners are there to spend money WISELY, not foolishly. If anyone cannot see the tax dollars that would circle the bowl after that aquisition, you are simply blind. The good ole boy club is a myth, and it sounds as if Goodwrench is a member of the Ron Stollings fanclub. The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

“Do unto others before”

They do unto you

#12 May 12, 2010
for your information, if ron stolling was on fire,i would not piss on the best part of him.now still think i'm a stolling fan? friend of coal most of what you said is true.but don't start any and there wont be any!
Friend of Coal

Charleston, WV

#13 May 12, 2010
mr goodwrench wrote:
for your information, if ron stolling was on fire,i would not piss on the best part of him.now still think i'm a stolling fan? friend of coal most of what you said is true.but don't start any and there wont be any!
You said that someone needed to run against him, just a misunderstanding. Were you hoping that Jeff Eldridge won last night?

“Do unto others before”

They do unto you

#14 May 12, 2010
yes, i was hoping ron would lose.
Pond Fork

United States

#15 May 12, 2010
Mickey is a good man and has the best interest of Boone County at heart. I appreciate his wisdom when it comes to spending our tax dollars. We need water, sewage, and a clean county before we get burdened with a gold course that will only serve the people of the Madison area. Mickey is for the whole county. I would vote now for Mickey!
God Fearing

United States

#16 May 12, 2010
Jim Gore sure has changed since he took that job with the County. He used to attend church all the time. Now he only comes on HOLIDAYS!
Making a Way

Lyburn, WV

#17 May 12, 2010
I just heard that Sharon Griffith campained on the school bus for Archie Hubbard and Archie Griffith and she got in trouble for this. She is a school bus driver you know! Is this true? I also heard she made a seen down at Brookview School. Taleginte can't get a hard on for her. Anyway she came down raising hell put his sign up and the courthouse found out about this. A little later came and wanted it back. Let's just not be redneck about something!!!!!!!!Shame on you Sharon!!!
Soccrmom

United States

#18 May 13, 2010
Friend of Coal wrote:
What has Mickey Brown done other than reject a deal that Boone Co. buy the golf course? The people should overwhemingly re-elect the man based on that alone. The County Commissioners are there to spend money WISELY, not foolishly. If anyone cannot see the tax dollars that would circle the bowl after that aquisition, you are simply blind. The good ole boy club is a myth, and it sounds as if Goodwrench is a member of the Ron Stollings fanclub. The grass isn't always greener on the other side.
Could he vote on repairing the madison swimming pool before not only a landmarks site is forgotten but a community recreation for the kids is lost for good.
Roger weaver said the pool is losing 25,000 a month anyway.Let it go. he said.
People could get their minds together and work for the better interest of the youth. There are grants to help with this. other money is being spent that does not benefit the county as much as the pool could each year.
Just so you know

Beverly, NJ

#19 May 13, 2010
Soccrmom wrote:
<quoted text>Could he vote on repairing the madison swimming pool before not only a landmarks site is forgotten but a community recreation for the kids is lost for good.
Roger weaver said the pool is losing 25,000 a month anyway.Let it go. he said.
People could get their minds together and work for the better interest of the youth. There are grants to help with this. other money is being spent that does not benefit the county as much as the pool could each year.
The Madison Pool is owned by the city of Madison. Yes, THEY could get grants, etc. to fix it up but THEY choose not to. It does need alot of work but had they kept if up in the first place it wouldnt be in the shape its in now. I agree the Madison Pool was and is something for the kids to do but the turnout the past few years has said that people would rather be doing something. I guess it goes back to you dont miss it til its gone.
Soccrmom

United States

#20 May 13, 2010
Just so you know wrote:
<quoted text>
The Madison Pool is owned by the city of Madison. Yes, THEY could get grants, etc. to fix it up but THEY choose not to. It does need alot of work but had they kept if up in the first place it wouldnt be in the shape its in now. I agree the Madison Pool was and is something for the kids to do but the turnout the past few years has said that people would rather be doing something. I guess it goes back to you dont miss it til its gone.
How can the people of madison Keep it. Get it fixed and run it.
It doesn't sound like Roger Weaver wants it .
what I don't understand is they want to rfev up Madison But they want to run people off at the same time.
Well one job at a time . Lets see if we can salvage the pool.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Madison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for a nurse (Jan '14) 6 hr KaptinObvious 3
DROP A Word AND ADD a word (Jan '10) 8 hr Princess Hey 11,982
Create your own Forum 13 hr Truthful 293
Hes in the jailhouse now... (Nov '10) Sun Kelly 6
camp creek Jul 25 ? 1
Edward Price Jul 23 Hawk 1
Cynthia Jarrell (May '10) Jul 23 danmbagley 69
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Madison Mortgages