cps foster care???
Beth F
#1 Aug 16, 2012
What's up with CPS and foster care system.
Foster mom

Huntington, WV

#2 Oct 18, 2012
It's not CPs it's the judge that let's these poor children go back home to abusive parents. I think when these children are abused again the judge that puts them back in the abusive home should be held responsible,
Community Worker

Charleston, WV

#3 Oct 18, 2012
That last post is total crap. We have a awesome judge who wants to help kids in this town. CPS is the problem. They are all lazy and dont care. They are only there for the money they could care less about children. They are worried about sending kids out of state to places so the state and county can pay for there vacations while they go visit for a few minutes. Take a good look at the CPS here it is a total shame and waste of taxpayer dollars!!!!!!!!!
skippy

Charleston, WV

#4 Oct 19, 2012
Community Worker wrote:
That last post is total crap. We have a awesome judge who wants to help kids in this town. CPS is the problem. They are all lazy and dont care. They are only there for the money they could care less about children. They are worried about sending kids out of state to places so the state and county can pay for there vacations while they go visit for a few minutes. Take a good look at the CPS here it is a total shame and waste of taxpayer dollars!!!!!!!!!
Sounds like you may have had dealings with CPS in this county that were not favorable to you. Apparently you don't know the life and work of a CPS worker who is devoted to their jobs. These people go into some filthy (and worse) homes to rescue a child in danger. They are called out at 3 o'clock in the morning in freezing temps while your ass is cuddled in your bed. They spend hours preparing for court, not to mention the countless hours they spend on investigations, interviews and working with law enforcement to remove children from worthless parents. The workers take money out of their pockets to buy food for children who have not eaten for God knows how long. They make numerous calls and visits to other social services associations (not associated with the state) to find clothing and other items the child needs. As far as sending kids out of state, you should know that there are not facilities in this state that have space available to take custody of children brought into CPS custody, so they are taken to a home/facility where the child can get the best care available. Maybe you should become a foster parent so you can provide services and the state won't have to send the kids out of state.

In closing, let me state that not all CPS workers are lazy and don't care. The salaries they are paid doesn't come close to compensating them for the work they perform and your comment about the money is laughable at best. You should come off the pedestal you're on to see the real life of a CPS worker and how the tax dollars are spent.
Community Worker

Charleston, WV

#5 Oct 19, 2012
skippy wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you may have had dealings with CPS in this county that were not favorable to you. Apparently you don't know the life and work of a CPS worker who is devoted to their jobs. These people go into some filthy (and worse) homes to rescue a child in danger. They are called out at 3 o'clock in the morning in freezing temps while your ass is cuddled in your bed. They spend hours preparing for court, not to mention the countless hours they spend on investigations, interviews and working with law enforcement to remove children from worthless parents. The workers take money out of their pockets to buy food for children who have not eaten for God knows how long. They make numerous calls and visits to other social services associations (not associated with the state) to find clothing and other items the child needs. As far as sending kids out of state, you should know that there are not facilities in this state that have space available to take custody of children brought into CPS custody, so they are taken to a home/facility where the child can get the best care available. Maybe you should become a foster parent so you can provide services and the state won't have to send the kids out of state.
In closing, let me state that not all CPS workers are lazy and don't care. The salaries they are paid doesn't come close to compensating them for the work they perform and your comment about the money is laughable at best. You should come off the pedestal you're on to see the real life of a CPS worker and how the tax dollars are spent.
Buddy yes i have had dealing with them not in the way you are making it sound like. I work around them all the time. I know all them are not horrible but most are and the supervisors are on the crappy end so the good ones eventually leave cause the bosses are crappy. I know the pay is not great but to help a kid is worth all the money in the world, they just dont do it!!!!!!! And yes there is programs to help the kids in this state if they would just put effort into it. There is foster homes all over the place they just dont want to mess with them. If you are so knowledgable then you should know this. They do use those out of state placements for there benifit!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Madison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Arrests Concerning Recent Murder 7 hr Bone County Citizen 1
Cox bunch 8 hr Simon 5
adult babies diaper lover 18 hr William 3
they are still an item 18 hr in the know 1
boone county informants (Jun '14) Sun Personal 22
Scott Basketball Fans Jan 14 Retired Eduacator 1
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Jan 11 R Scott Mick 3,983

Madison Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance