Comments
1 - 20 of 58 Comments Last updated Feb 25, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
just saying

Elkview, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Feb 2, 2012
 
What do you think about how it was done this year????? Changes constantly and the kids confused...

“Troll Stomper”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Feb 2, 2012
 
Which league? Washington District/Madison
just saying

Elkview, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Feb 3, 2012
 
Madison

“Troll Stomper”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Feb 3, 2012
 
Well I know that Madison has had trouble with their increase in kids for the last few years. This year they went to playing two games at once on the floor. This allowed for more games to be played, thus kids got to play more ball. This kind of thing may he confusing to a lot of the kids at first. But the alternative is to play half as many games in a season. Which really shorts the kids more than anyone else. The kids will eventually get used to this kind of play. And might even be better players for it. Lots of other places have used the same thing before. Logan being a great example of this. That being said I think it was a great solution to the problem using the resources that the league had.
Soccrmom

Hewett, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Feb 5, 2012
 
YOu forgot to mention how it confused the kids during tournament time.
The longer court , the lines and the 3 ref tightening of the rules that were allowed to go without observance all year suddenly makes a parent wonder what they had learned the last 8 weeks.
One alternative would be to take the first few games and take extra time, get the rules down and make sure the kids know a few things and keep it consistant.
But then rushing thru the games is very enticing to a ref who can do 12 games a day at 30$ a pop.
Soccrmom

Hewett, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Feb 5, 2012
 
One of the best things I saw was with two games going on , parents in the bleachers were less likely to influence children.Coaches could actually coach if the wanted.

“Troll Stomper”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Feb 5, 2012
 
Soccrmom wrote:
YOu forgot to mention how it confused the kids during tournament time.
The longer court , the lines and the 3 ref tightening of the rules that were allowed to go without observance all year suddenly makes a parent wonder what they had learned the last 8 weeks.
One alternative would be to take the first few games and take extra time, get the rules down and make sure the kids know a few things and keep it consistant.
But then rushing thru the games is very enticing to a ref who can do 12 games a day at 30$ a pop.
I definitely don't think it was fiscally motivated. Chester Mitchell runs that league and I don't see him getting a pay check for anything involved with it. My understanding is that the season is there for the coaches and players to learn the rules and develop as players and as teams. Thus the season is more relaxed while when it comes tournament time things are supposed to become intense. The season is one big practice. The tournaments is where your kids show what they have learned. If they don't know the rules or understand the lines by tournament time, then they didn't learn very much during the season. Every kid isn't going to get it. But most should.
Soccrmom

Hewett, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Feb 5, 2012
 
Teach the kids the rules as you go along and you wont have the drama and anxiety from parents and kids during tourney time.

If you could run,waddle or walk for 8 hours you would enjoy a 330 dollar payday as well. get you refs license and tell me you are gonna ref for just a hotdog.
Soccrmom

Hewett, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Feb 5, 2012
 
Chester has done a pretty good job. people bitch because ..well, they just bitch. if you want to help get on the board and change, alter or do it yourself.

“Troll Stomper”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Feb 5, 2012
 
Soccrmom wrote:
Teach the kids the rules as you go along and you wont have the drama and anxiety from parents and kids during tourney time.

If you could run,waddle or walk for 8 hours you would enjoy a 330 dollar payday as well. get you refs license and tell me you are gonna ref for just a hotdog.
Hey dumb ass I tried to be civil but the instant you felt inferior you had to be a bitch like always. The refs don't run the leagues. Therefore no decision made is effected by them or for them. The league is for the kids. If your kid was too stupid to learn like the other kids did then get off your fucking ass and teach them your damn self. Parents like you are always the same. Why isn't my kid the league superstar? Probably because they haven't ever been taught anything cuz mommy or daddy would rather run that fat trap on topix instead of being a real parent and teaching them something.
Forest Dolin

Wharton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Feb 5, 2012
 
The only thing I teach the kids is my favorite game called "don't tell your parents."
We play it in the locker room.

“Troll Stomper”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Feb 5, 2012
 
Forest Dolin wrote:
The only thing I teach the kids is my favorite game called "don't tell your parents."
We play it in the locker room.
My basketball record speaks for itself. Something you wouldn't know anything about.
Forest Dolin

Wharton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Feb 5, 2012
 
And the kids have yet to tell their parents about our locker room fun so I'm winning big time.

“Troll Stomper”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Feb 5, 2012
 
Forest Dolin wrote:
And the kids have yet to tell their parents about our locker room fun so I'm winning big time.
That's funny considering we have never used the locker room. Dumb ass!!
Forest Dolin

Wharton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Feb 5, 2012
 
So where do you molest the kids at then?
Soccrmom

Pineville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Feb 7, 2012
 
BC Doofy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey dumb ass I tried to be civil but the instant you felt inferior you had to be a bitch like always. The refs don't run the leagues. Therefore no decision made is effected by them or for them. The league is for the kids. If your kid was too stupid to learn like the other kids did then get off your fucking ass and teach them your damn self. Parents like you are always the same. Why isn't my kid the league superstar? Probably because they haven't ever been taught anything cuz mommy or daddy would rather run that fat trap on topix instead of being a real parent and teaching them something.
re read the post . you are an idiot! my bad..I think most idiots are smarter than you.
When you have a kid, then watch the games. until you have any life experiences to actually base your opionions on ... keep it to your self.
also chester may be over the league and they have a board of directors but the refs set the temperment and pace of the games.Most of us parents do tech them forest. you see a kid for an hour tweice a week and inoput you vast amount of bball knowledge into them for about 4 minutes a week and then sit your ass on the bench and take the credit for their success. when you could coach a banana out of a retarded monkeys hands.

“Troll Stomper”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Feb 7, 2012
 
Soccrmom wrote:
<quoted text>re read the post . you are an idiot! my bad..I think most idiots are smarter than you.
When you have a kid, then watch the games. until you have any life experiences to actually base your opionions on ... keep it to your self.
also chester may be over the league and they have a board of directors but the refs set the temperment and pace of the games.Most of us parents do tech them forest. you see a kid for an hour tweice a week and inoput you vast amount of bball knowledge into them for about 4 minutes a week and then sit your ass on the bench and take the credit for their success. when you could coach a banana out of a retarded monkeys hands.
Get a clue. You haven't ever coached anything. Hell you probably don't even have any kids. You are just some stupid bitch that has no life. My record as a coach speaks for itself. When you do something besides stalk me and talk shit then your opinion might matter. Till then you are just another chicken shit bitch wishing they had any clue about anything.

“Troll Stomper”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Feb 7, 2012
 
Soccrmom wrote:
<quoted text>re read the post . you are an idiot! my bad..I think most idiots are smarter than you.
When you have a kid, then watch the games. until you have any life experiences to actually base your opionions on ... keep it to your self.
also chester may be over the league and they have a board of directors but the refs set the temperment and pace of the games.Most of us parents do tech them forest. you see a kid for an hour tweice a week and inoput you vast amount of bball knowledge into them for about 4 minutes a week and then sit your ass on the bench and take the credit for their success. when you could coach a banana out of a retarded monkeys hands.
Oh and if you are wondering about my life experience, I've been involved with community league ball since I was four. I've had a nice list of great coaches that actually know something. I don't know where you got your vast basketball experience. But I've coached more kids than you have raised so I say that trumps any experience you have.
Soccrmom

Pineville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Feb 7, 2012
 
So says the cat whisperer .

“Troll Stomper”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Feb 7, 2012
 
Soccrmom wrote:
So says the cat whisperer .
Well it's apparent that you don't know anything or have any experience.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Madison Forum right now

Search the Madison Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 4 min George 54,327
name the narcs, informants and rats (Apr '12) 14 hr Mad dad 43
What has happened to the Poveromo sisters? (Dec '09) 20 hr may i 2
Joi Poveromo (Sep '12) 21 hr may i 11
Michelle mitchell aka staton mills (Mar '10) 21 hr may i 5
scott kuhn (Feb '11) 21 hr 007 not me 10
looking for deloris workman Tue new threads 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Madison Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Madison People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Madison News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Madison
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••