endorsement for josh nelson

Posted in the Madison Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
love thy neighbor

Charleston, WV

#1 Oct 3, 2012
josh is a good man he will do what he says he will have the laid off miners back to work within hours of his election
how

Charleston, WV

#2 Oct 3, 2012
DOES HE OWN THE COMPANY THAT RUNS THE MINES. Maybe this is a ploy to get votes. As far as I know the mining industy makes the decisions to hirer the miners back to work.
1 post removed
Claud Raines

Hewett, WV

#4 Oct 5, 2012
Good point on that previous statement. Yet, JOsh is a good man.
Josh Nelson Supporter

Charleston, WV

#5 Oct 20, 2012
You cannot hire guys when the government keeps regulating our companies bankrupt. This is a political problem that requires political solutions. He is the man for the job!
Realize

Clay, WV

#6 Oct 20, 2012
Josh Nelson Supporter wrote:
You cannot hire guys when the government keeps regulating our companies bankrupt. This is a political problem that requires political solutions. He is the man for the job!
That's pretty stupid. To start with the position he is running for has zero authority when it comes to the EPA. Secondly, the world market is the biggest reason that the mines aren't running.
lmao

Charleston, WV

#7 Oct 21, 2012
the simple fact is this. no matter who wins any election. natural gas is much cheaper, and more abundant and burns cleaner. most power plants are using it instead of coal or along with coal. as long as this is the case, then coal will lose jobs. its simple economics
brenda

Prestonsburg, KY

#8 Oct 21, 2012
Yes he is a good guy. but all he cares about. is coal jobs.that is all and there is more than coal. you all say coal keeps my lights on On my husband keeps my lights on yes I want the coal miner to keep there jobs but they think the are that matters. they are not more important than any ones job.
lmao

Charleston, WV

#9 Oct 21, 2012
I come from a long line of coal miners. So I do understand the concerns. But the coal miner has been elevated to hero status, this I dont fully understand. My father was my hero too, but not for being a coal miner, it was for being a good father. Their are many other jobs, some are more dangerous then others, some pay more then others, but I cant help but wonder why some other jobs are not worthy of hero status.
Realize

Ansted, WV

#10 Oct 21, 2012
lmao wrote:
I come from a long line of coal miners. So I do understand the concerns. But the coal miner has been elevated to hero status, this I dont fully understand. My father was my hero too, but not for being a coal miner, it was for being a good father. Their are many other jobs, some are more dangerous then others, some pay more then others, but I cant help but wonder why some other jobs are not worthy of hero status.
Coal miners aren't heroes. It's just part of the company propaganda that keeps them obedient. Pay them well, call them heroes, tell them that they single handedly keep the lights on, and they won't ever question anything you tell them. Even if they do somehow meet the real facts face to face, they usually chose to deny them in favor of the I'm a hero mind set.
lmao

Charleston, WV

#11 Oct 21, 2012
agreed. I also think it's sad that so many people are basing their vote on coal alone. Especially without doing any actual research. It honestly makes no difference who is president. Coal jobs are still going to decline. The market forces dictate this. Natural gas is what is hurting coal jobs more then anything else. Coal exports to other countries are actually up. As well as Coal jobs in alot of other states. But as long as natural gas is cheaper, easier to get and cleaner to burn, coal will have strong competition.
do your part

Charleston, WV

#12 Oct 22, 2012
the way coal can be more comepetive the miners need to take pay cuts all across the board give up some of those lavish benefits then the industry will thrive
Got my vote

Ardsley, NY

#13 Oct 22, 2012
http://www.google.com/url...
Video of Nelson showing support in Washington on September for the stop the war on coal act ! He was there! He's stood by our community as an equal with his family facing the same issues and he has some great knowledge and ideas on how to improve this states economy and bring business to our state and keep it in our state. I believe this man will work for any issue or converns we have as a community to improve all our lives.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Not doubting Character

Ansted, WV

#14 Oct 22, 2012
Got my vote wrote:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t &source=web&cd=9&v ed=0CFMQtwIwCA&url=http%3A %2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch% 3Fv%3DYFceUekuBjM&ei=IxeGU OPsHKiE0QGUu4DYDw&usg=AFQj CNFBUIPWGsAHg2Zbz-YYb2c3e3A-xA &sig2=caUtj48nD73uSQxeQUJz 5Q
Video of Nelson showing support in Washington on September for the stop the war on coal act ! He was there! He's stood by our community as an equal with his family facing the same issues and he has some great knowledge and ideas on how to improve this states economy and bring business to our state and keep it in our state. I believe this man will work for any issue or converns we have as a community to improve all our lives.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =1Jsoq7gTp7cXX
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
But when it comes to coal he is full of brown stuff not black.
Got my vote

Ardsley, NY

#15 Oct 22, 2012
Concerns *
WHAT DOES DELEGATES DO

Charleston, WV

#16 Nov 3, 2012
A delegate decides presidential nominees and some vote in the electoral college. They go to conventions to nominate future presidents.
Dont look back

Oak Brook, IL

#17 Nov 8, 2012
lmao wrote:
the simple fact is this. no matter who wins any election. natural gas is much cheaper, and more abundant and burns cleaner. most power plants are using it instead of coal or along with coal. as long as this is the case, then coal will lose jobs. its simple economics
Don't try to explain things to them. Their minds only processes coal operator propaganda.

Coal mining jobs have been on the decline for decades, but don't confuse their pea brains with data.
Soccrmom

Charleston, WV

#18 Nov 8, 2012
Dont look back wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't try to explain things to them. Their minds only processes coal operator propaganda.
Coal mining jobs have been on the decline for decades, but don't confuse their pea brains with data.
What you need is a good smack to your head.
yea

Bluefield, WV

#19 Nov 8, 2012
It's time to see what will be done to make good on promises.
brenda

Logan, WV

#20 Nov 8, 2012
When he gets over there and they but his butt on the back seat. and don,t let him do anything. you will see . He will be a nobody.
Mike

Princeton, WV

#21 Nov 9, 2012
Can someone tell me what Larry Barker ever did that was so fantastic? I am serious, I really want to know what any of our politicians have done for us?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Madison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
DROP A Word AND ADD a word (Jan '10) 40 min -Glinda- 13,857
Brent & Brandon Tomblin Move? 46 min Slowpokenhappy 5
What happened 3 hr Lady Layne 2
New Grade School 3 hr Lady Layne 11
How old do you have to be to work at Save A Lot? (Aug '11) 5 hr Nancy 17
Pukes buying beer 21 hr Beer Drinker 3
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Wed DiamondsWild 4,091

Madison Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance