Does Anyone Else have Colane Cable an...

Does Anyone Else have Colane Cable and Cable Internet

Posted in the Madison Forum

Jay hughes

Danville, WV

#1 Dec 2, 2010
This company really does need to do a compelete upgrade with their Billing, Internet, and All. I mean with most companies these days you can make a payment online, and Most of every Company who have Cable to offer and Internet then they will have a website to show you what all prices they offer and speeds so you can place an order online but not with Colane Cable. If you miss one Payment they wont send you another bill and their billing is through an outsource so they dont know who gets their bills and who dont. Now with their email accounts you cant use Outlook express you have to use the webmail accounts which is through google what a rip off. Like I said this company needs to be upgraded and welcomed to 2011. Does anyone else feel the same way I do?

“Do unto others before”

Since: Apr 10

They do unto you

#2 Dec 2, 2010
Jay hughes wrote:
This company really does need to do a compelete upgrade with their Billing, Internet, and All. I mean with most companies these days you can make a payment online, and Most of every Company who have Cable to offer and Internet then they will have a website to show you what all prices they offer and speeds so you can place an order online but not with Colane Cable. If you miss one Payment they wont send you another bill and their billing is through an outsource so they dont know who gets their bills and who dont. Now with their email accounts you cant use Outlook express you have to use the webmail accounts which is through google what a rip off. Like I said this company needs to be upgraded and welcomed to 2011. Does anyone else feel the same way I do?
i switched from hughs net to coleen cable and i'm sick of it. i can't get on the net about half the time. there service sucks. i'm thinking of going back to hughs net.
Shara Jones

Danville, WV

#3 Dec 7, 2010
Colane Cable does suck I think the owners needs to really listen to the Customers insted of that old nasty grouch that works in the office. They Call it Headquaters oh my big name for that skanky place they call Ona, as any drove by there? The Building is blue in color and its right beside of the Post Office. The Owners are lawyers from Huntington, one in Ohio so maybe they should ask one of their clients who does web building if they could build them a site and upgrade their service I know some people in Charleston with Suddenlink has 20 gigs of Internet but people around here is stuck with only 1 meg.
Just sayin

Danville, WV

#4 Dec 7, 2010
I too have Colane Cable and as web developer and above average internet user Colane Cable currently isn't the best in the world. However, I have also used Hughesnet and Wildblue and I have to say that Colane is much better than both of those. The download speeds are much faster and the pings are much lower. There is also a MAJOR price difference Colane's highest package is the Platinum 3mb/sec for $59.99 which also includes basic cable and unlimited downloading. The same speed from Hughesnet will cost you $189.99 a month and you are subject to the Fair Access Policy (FAP) meaning you can only download so many megabytes within 24hours. You are also required to purchase expensive equipment for Wildblue and Hughesnet but with Colane you can use your own equipment or rent theirs for $3 which is already included in the price.

I also use Outlook Express and Windows Live Mail on Colane Cable and I have a lightlynx email address and it works just fine. Whoever said you cant use Outlook or Windows Live mail doesnt know what they are talking about. If you need help with it let me know and I will tell you the correct settings. Read this http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py...

Colane is in the process of updating their systems in the Van/Wharton/Twilight area with more bandwidth and faster speeds up to 8 mb/sec by running new lines from Madison. Once that is completed it will be the fastest Internet available in these areas because Frontier only offers 3 mb/sec and there are no other highspeed providers in these areas.

Now you know I'm not trying to be a smart ass or a know it all I'm just sayin'
colane

Danville, WV

#5 Dec 10, 2010
I have colane internet and i have the smallest package my bill is 75 dollars a month and love it but i have a wireless router that i pay 8 dollars a month for from colane cable .My speed is fast and my downloads are great i can download 10 pictures in seconds so i dont know what is going on with yours you must not have it hooked up right.I have 3 computers all on one box and there not slow at all maybe you need to use the disk they give you when they hook you up.
not the truth

Charleston, WV

#6 Dec 10, 2010
Just sayin wrote:
I too have Colane Cable and as web developer and above average internet user Colane Cable currently isn't the best in the world. However, I have also used Hughesnet and Wildblue and I have to say that Colane is much better than both of those. The download speeds are much faster and the pings are much lower. There is also a MAJOR price difference Colane's highest package is the Platinum 3mb/sec for $59.99 which also includes basic cable and unlimited downloading. The same speed from Hughesnet will cost you $189.99 a month and you are subject to the Fair Access Policy (FAP) meaning you can only download so many megabytes within 24hours. You are also required to purchase expensive equipment for Wildblue and Hughesnet but with Colane you can use your own equipment or rent theirs for $3 which is already included in the price.
I also use Outlook Express and Windows Live Mail on Colane Cable and I have a lightlynx email address and it works just fine. Whoever said you cant use Outlook or Windows Live mail doesnt know what they are talking about. If you need help with it let me know and I will tell you the correct settings. Read this http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py...
Colane is in the process of updating their systems in the Van/Wharton/Twilight area with more bandwidth and faster speeds up to 8 mb/sec by running new lines from Madison. Once that is completed it will be the fastest Internet available in these areas because Frontier only offers 3 mb/sec and there are no other highspeed providers in these areas.
Now you know I'm not trying to be a smart ass or a know it all I'm just sayin'
i HAD colane cable and internet. the $59.99 DOES NOT include basic cable. with colane if you want their internet you have to pay $22.99 for basic cable and then either 39.99,$49.99, or $59.99 for internet. colane cable is nothing but a rip off. when you call and have a question about the internet the ladies in that office have no clue about anything regarding the internet. i called them atleast once a week for the whole 4 months that i had them. and another thing, colane is not running lines from madison to the van/whartone areas. mastec workers are running new power lines for AEP and then you also have Frontier running their new lines. frontier workers are having to run new lines from uneeda all the way to the foot of bolt mountain because when verizon owned the lines they did not take care of them. frontier now offers internet(@10mb/sec) for their customers all the way up to wharton. i have switched to frontier and i love it! try switching to frontier for your phone,internet, and dish sat. and they will also give you an SCER LABTOP COMPUTER FOR FREE!!! I LOVE MINE!!
colane user

Delbarton, WV

#7 Feb 13, 2013
I have made the switch to Colane from, "we put on a big FRONTier", Colane isn't up there with the big companies and they're still considered new in the digital internet service, but they are getting better, they are in the process of upgrading to 6mbps & to digital cable but, for the monthly cost of cable and platinum internet combined, you really can't complain, Frontier is a blood sucking joke, I paid for 3.3mbps, the fastest I was ever able to reach was around 800kbps download,and I live directly beside the feed and amplifier station, the price is ridiculous and it goes up every month, it's never the same, they charge for shit that doesn't even exist and our internet was always going out and they couldn't even tell us why, I will stick it out with Colane, they help me when I call, the bill is always what it is supposed to be, and I average expected speeds for what I am subscribed
pitiful

Delbarton, WV

#8 Feb 16, 2013
I have had Colane for about 2 weeks and, it's pathetic. I know enough about internet service and pc's to know, they're a joke. First off,$75 monthly for "3mbps" is straight up extortion! Second, when you average 2mbps download:200kbps upload, that's sorry as hell. Third, it doesn't matter if you are running 100mbps download:80mbps upload, if your broadband spectrum, noise ratio, bandwidth distribution, etc. aren't controlled, configured and managed right, it's not going to mean shit. I wish one of the major providers would buy them out, and get shit on the right track. I hate to say that about an area business but, if this is what you're offering your customers for the unbelievably high price, then off with your head.
Gears head

Scott Depot, WV

#9 Jan 13, 2014
Colane can't touch Frontier's speed. In the Wharton area Frontier offers speeds up to 24M @ around $40/month. Call and find out if you don't believe. Same goes for the Van area,which was recently upgraded.
gummy bear

Athens, TN

#10 Jan 14, 2014
If you have a drilled water well at home with a steel casing in it at least 25 ft. long, a roll of automobile wiring size 16, (2) 9 volt small radio batteriesand a condensor you can connect to the internet by ground waves and static electricity with speeds far better than any mentioned on this forum.
just me

Danville, WV

#11 Mar 18, 2014
gummy bear wrote:
If you have a drilled water well at home with a steel casing in it at least 25 ft. long, a roll of automobile wiring size 16,(2) 9 volt small radio batteriesand a condensor you can connect to the internet by ground waves and static electricity with speeds far better than any mentioned on this forum.
ROFLMFA&BO..........that is great..........hahahahahahahah ahaha
just me

Danville, WV

#12 Mar 18, 2014
Gears head wrote:
Colane can't touch Frontier's speed. In the Wharton area Frontier offers speeds up to 24M @ around $40/month. Call and find out if you don't believe. Same goes for the Van area,which was recently upgraded.
you're not going to get a true 24mb service in Pond Fork with phone line DSL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Madison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
One Word Game (Feb '10) 48 min winner 13,050
4 Letter WORD Game (Feb '10) 49 min winner 4,258
the music thread (Jan '12) 5 hr Musikologist 68
DROP A Word AND ADD a word (Jan '10) 6 hr Princess Hey 14,490
Mary Messer 7 hr Looking at crime 1
The New Grade School 10 hr Wondering 2
drop a word/add a word (Jan '10) 17 hr Blue Bird 15,689

Madison Jobs

Personal Finance

Madison Mortgages