Who else thinks TATOOS are trashy and...

Who else thinks TATOOS are trashy and make people look like fools?

Posted in the Madison Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
westernsizzler

Peytona, WV

#1 Jan 6, 2013
I think people that get tatoos look like complete retards. Typically these people are on welfare or work paycheck to paycheck. They drive 10 year old pickup trucks and get government assistance, but yet they can afford a $300 tatoo.
U r pitiful

Martinsburg, WV

#2 Jan 6, 2013
I've noticed several judgmental threads started by you recently, are you that perfect that you can judge everyone? Maybe you are just that pitiful & self-loathing that you want to bring others to your level? Misery DOES love company I guess!
Current

Peytona, WV

#3 Jan 6, 2013
U r pitiful wrote:
I've noticed several judgmental threads started by you recently, are you that perfect that you can judge everyone? Maybe you are just that pitiful & self-loathing that you want to bring others to your level? Misery DOES love company I guess!
He has started several threads but I have to agree that people are really nasty with their ugly tatts just like he/she is right about the queers ands lesbos.
Current

Peytona, WV

#4 Jan 6, 2013
U r pitiful wrote:
I've noticed several judgmental threads started by you recently, are you that perfect that you can judge everyone? Maybe you are just that pitiful & self-loathing that you want to bring others to your level? Misery DOES love company I guess!
Who are u to decide those things are okay? Trying to usurp God?
I have tattoos

Elizabeth, WV

#5 Jan 6, 2013
I work in a bank. I have a tattoos. I don't think they are trashy! I am entitled to my opinion as well as you are.
Current

Peytona, WV

#6 Jan 6, 2013
Indeed you are, but what I find disturbing are the people who claim to be Christians and participate in these kinds of things. I expect the secular person to participate in these things.

“Troll Stomper”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#7 Jan 6, 2013
Current wrote:
Indeed you are, but what I find disturbing are the people who claim to be Christians and participate in these kinds of things. I expect the secular person to participate in these things.
Why question is why can't a Christian have a tattoo?
I have tattoos

Elizabeth, WV

#8 Jan 6, 2013
I have found that some religious people believe that your body is your temple and when one gets a tatt it is harming the body.

“Troll Stomper”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#9 Jan 6, 2013
Lots of ancient cultures wrote in their sacred temples.
Current

Peytona, WV

#10 Jan 6, 2013
A Christian can have a tattoo but they shouldn't, but they can't help it if they did it before they were saved. It doesn't cost them salvation but as the poster above me said Christians should treat their body as a temple as a believer is indwelt by the holy spirit. In the old testament there is a commandment against marking one's body or cutting one's self as that was a part of heathen practices. It doesn't bother me at all if a nonbeliever has a tattoo. It's the so called beilevers that rationalize whatever they want to do as okay without even so much as giving a thought to what God's will for them is. If you are a "true" Christian Christ's will should supercede your own worldly desire otherwise you're being unfaithful to the one you claim to love.
Current

Peytona, WV

#11 Jan 6, 2013
BC Doofy wrote:
Lots of ancient cultures wrote in their sacred temples.
I hope you are saying that because you don't understand and not because of a desire to be facetious. That is exactly why Christians should not do it. Because others did the same. Christians are commanded in the Bible to be different.

“Troll Stomper”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#12 Jan 6, 2013
Current wrote:
<quoted text>I hope you are saying that because you don't understand and not because of a desire to be facetious. That is exactly why Christians should not do it. Because others did the same. Christians are commanded in the Bible to be different.
I honestly don't see how marking your outside to reflect your inside is wrong, even in Biblical terms. I mean if your tattoo was meant to represent something that reflected badly upon yourself then maybe. I'm not aware of the biblical verse that condemns tattoos all together, but maybe it's out there.

Since: Mar 10

Charleston, WV

#13 Jan 6, 2013
I have one. Im not on welfare. I have earned every penny I have and after my bills are paid, my kids well fed and clothed, and want for nothing, if I decide to get a tatto of betty boop on one arm, and a memorial for my son on another, then so be it.
I dont care what you may think of me becuse I choose to honor my son in the way that I choose.
I dont care if I go to hell becuse I have a memorial
on one arm and an american iconic cartoon on the other. All I care about is that Im PROUD of my son and want everyone that sees it to know it.
Tattooed

Charleston, WV

#14 Jan 6, 2013
Current wrote:
A Christian can have a tattoo but they shouldn't, but they can't help it if they did it before they were saved. It doesn't cost them salvation but as the poster above me said Christians should treat their body as a temple as a believer is indwelt by the holy spirit. In the old testament there is a commandment against marking one's body or cutting one's self as that was a part of heathen practices. It doesn't bother me at all if a nonbeliever has a tattoo. It's the so called beilevers that rationalize whatever they want to do as okay without even so much as giving a thought to what God's will for them is. If you are a "true" Christian Christ's will should supercede your own worldly desire otherwise you're being unfaithful to the one you claim to love.
Smoking, drinking coffee and soft drinks, eating sweets. anything that will alter the body in any form is basically throwing the "your body is a temple" theory out the window.

and to the original poster, you're saying that a tattoo in any form is nasty? guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion. i have several tattoos,but every one of my tats are in memorial of a lost loved one. so if you're saying that showing your love for someone and letting it known that you miss them by means of a tattoo is nasty, then i say you can go burn in hell
Doctor Cyclops

Peytona, WV

#15 Jan 6, 2013
Tattooed wrote:
<quoted text>
Smoking, drinking coffee and soft drinks, eating sweets. anything that will alter the body in any form is basically throwing the "your body is a temple" theory out the window.
and to the original poster, you're saying that a tattoo in any form is nasty? guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion. i have several tattoos,but every one of my tats are in memorial of a lost loved one. so if you're saying that showing your love for someone and letting it known that you miss them by means of a tattoo is nasty, then i say you can go burn in hell
You are simply rationalizing sin. I won't respond to you further as you've proven you are completely irrational and your not here to learn about Christ, but to merely rant about how you feel you don't sin. If you are a sinner admit it and accept Christ or don't. It's that easy and it's up to you. You decide your eternity and if choose the latter then suck everything out of this life that you can because it'll all be over when you die. If you choose to come back that I think I'm better than you I have made no statement in that area. I do have Christ and yes he is better than you and you can have him too. If any wish to intelligently discuss the topic that's a different matter.

“Troll Stomper”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#16 Jan 6, 2013
Doctor Cyclops wrote:
<quoted text>You are simply rationalizing sin. I won't respond to you further as you've proven you are completely irrational and your not here to learn about Christ, but to merely rant about how you feel you don't sin. If you are a sinner admit it and accept Christ or don't. It's that easy and it's up to you. You decide your eternity and if choose the latter then suck everything out of this life that you can because it'll all be over when you die. If you choose to come back that I think I'm better than you I have made no statement in that area. I do have Christ and yes he is better than you and you can have him too. If any wish to intelligently discuss the topic that's a different matter.
How about you provide the verses you say support your ideals?
Doctor Cyclops

Peytona, WV

#17 Jan 6, 2013
If you truly wish to learn I suggest you google for scriptures against tatooing. You could have already done so, so it appears more so you'd rather just argue the point. If you need me to find it for you're not really that interested.

“Troll Stomper”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#18 Jan 6, 2013
Doctor Cyclops wrote:
If you truly wish to learn I suggest you google for scriptures against tatooing. You could have already done so, so it appears more so you'd rather just argue the point. If you need me to find it for you're not really that interested.
So in other words you aren't here to argue your point? I honestly never recall reading anything past the temple thing. But I'll admit I don't read often enough. I assume that you know by which passages you make your claim. If you could be so kind, it would make trying to see your point of view much more possible.
stupid

Delbarton, WV

#19 Jan 6, 2013
westernsizzler wrote:
I think people that get tatoos look like complete retards. Typically these people are on welfare or work paycheck to paycheck. They drive 10 year old pickup trucks and get government assistance, but yet they can afford a $300 tatoo.
So all the heros fighting in war that has tattoos is on welfare all the miners you see with one in on welfare go tell a navy seal or a marine this and see where it gets you people like you make me sick sitting on your ass your probably the one on welfare oh and what wrong with driving a ten year old truck.
westernsizzler

Peytona, WV

#20 Jan 7, 2013
stupid wrote:
<quoted text>So all the heros fighting in war that has tattoos is on welfare all the miners you see with one in on welfare go tell a navy seal or a marine this and see where it gets you people like you make me sick sitting on your ass your probably the one on welfare oh and what wrong with driving a ten year old truck.
"all the miners" with tatoos...by this you seem to imply they are some kind of hero. You put miners in a category with Navy Seals and Maries, LMAO! Miners are going to work, just like somebody at a grocery store or in a factory. They are simply providing for their family, NOT HEROS. Hero is a term that has been overused, somebody dies in a house fire anymore and they are a hero. You hear about somebody "fighting a couragous battle with cancer", what else are they supposed to do...give up and die? Doesn't make them a hero. A hero is someone who goes beyond the call of mankind and does something spectacular. But I guess going to work does make someone a hero in Boone County.

Please don't put a coal miner in the same category as a soldier fighting for freedom!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Madison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
josh stevenson (Dec '09) 3 hr Grow up 7
josh stevenson (Oct '09) 3 hr Grow up 19
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 11 hr loan 1,337
Nicest street in town Sat keduff 1
Chris Bias Sat newbie to town 5
Katie MacCallum Nichols Sat sagging to the knees 1
Chelsea Adkins (Aug '15) Jun 23 Wow 17
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Madison Mortgages